Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

I want MCD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 02:41 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want MCD!!!

For the past few months i have been out of the hobby...all i have is my Futaba 3PK and few digital servos...and its killing me not having a car and seeing the futaba collecting dust...

I really don't like seeing so much plastic on the MCD but i have some idea...my cousin has $80,000 cnc/milling machine...you can make just about anything with it...maybe i can try to make some parts for it from aluminum...that would be interesting..

So I decided to go for it and get MCD rally 4x4...the one in the pic...does anyone know where i can get one here in states? that comes with G260 and that pipe? On their website they have list of hobby shops for their cars just about anywhere in the world, but USA [&o]

One more question...would it be possible to install and use magura hydro brakes on this car? please anyone with info on this car or mcd, please share
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99459.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	538326  
Old 10-10-2006, 02:51 AM
bryan70546
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: I want MCD!!!

talk to troy at www.largescalerc.com he has them i stock dont know about the pipe. are you can try rcnuthobbies he has them also. bryan
Old 10-10-2006, 03:23 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

They have it but it says...

"Just install the Motor and radio gear
add the fuel and go"

means it does not come with engine?
$1500 and no engine...[&:]
Old 10-10-2006, 03:37 AM
hellya

Yes thats what it means[X(] Doesnt that just bite the big one.......... $1500 for a plastic rolling chassis[sm=48_48.gif]

No engine... no tunepipe... no radio.....No buy

I'm whipping out some $$$ and I'm going to add the 4x4 belt drive conversion to my MT $700

http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/lsh....okt_2006,.htm
Old 10-11-2006, 08:47 AM
RC_chaos

Hey, guys. When I bought my MCD MT, I was hesitant to dish out the money for the 4x4, but after talking to some guys that have MCD's, I decided to take the plunge. The MCD is well worth the money!

Positive Points to buying an MCD:

1. I got to choose the motor of my choice...30.5cc stroker. Insane power. Yeah!!!
2. It has an extremely reliable shaft driven 4 wheel drive system. No worries about rocks breaking chains or belts.
3. The MCD is much larger than the FG MT.
4. The MCD has a wide array of different gear ratios that are simple to change.
5. Even though the MCD has lots of plastic, the plastic is beefy and holds up well.
6. The MCD has 3 position adjustable rate oil filled shocks.

When I calculated the cost difference between the MCD and the FG with the 4x4 conversion, this is what I came up with.

$1100.00 FG Monster Truck
$700.00 4x4 kit
$120.00 30.5cc motor conversion kit

$1920.00 Total Cost

Don't forget about the 6 to 8 hours of labor time to convert truck and engine. When your conversion is all done, it will still be smaller than the MCD and it won't have the 3 position adjustable shocks.

If you want a big 4x4 truck. The MCD is a bargain.

I believe that [link=http://www.largescalerc.com]LargeScaleRC.com[/link] is the only company in the US that carries this truck. I believe they import them direct. I've had lots of good luck getting parts and stuff for my MCD.

Good Luck!
Old 10-11-2006, 11:28 AM
hellya

You think thats a good deal???......You should see what the MCD actually cost to make then you would not be so fast to say its a good deal.......Just like the FGs....the profit mark up is out of this world.

Did you know that FGs start out at under $400, then hit the USA where the Sole/Main FG distributor adds his mark up, then he distributes the Fgs but he also controlls the market price by telling all the sub dealers whats the minimum they can sell the FGs for.

Get caught selling or advertising for less on the Web.... you get banned from the Good old boys club!

All the USA FG sub dealers have atleast a 35% markup on FG cars and parts....this is on top of the markup the main FG dealer has placed there to make his profit before distributing the vehicles and parts

MCD is no different, I have alot of friends in Germany who sell the MCD buggy .....I was quoted 1100 euros( $1370) with a 27 cc engine

and thats with the dealer making $300 profit

That is why you can find the FGs and most other 1/5 vehicles cost less in Germany.... that same MT truck that cost $1100 here, cost $750 there.....About $300 less after shipping or the same cost but with $300 worth of alloy upgrades

A good deal?????? NO......People just dont realize they are overpaying because they arent imformed.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:30 PM
2 deep

Hellya can you tell us where in germany we can get the MCD at this cheaper price. Thanks
Old 10-11-2006, 06:50 PM
JRexA

Here you can find it with a 26cc Zenoah:
http://www.mogatech.de/modellbau/pro...oducts_id=1556

The price is € 1449 including 16% German VAT, that should end up as € 1250 excluding VAT
And That is for the Pro Line Monster Truck.

The Black Line should be around €200 cheaper.

Tip for Google search: write site:.de at the end of the search line to find only German sites.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:54 PM
hellya

ORIGINAL: JRexA

Here you can find it with a 26cc Zenoah:
http://www.mogatech.de/modellbau/pro...oducts_id=1556

The price is € 1449 including 16% German VAT, that should end up as € 1250 excluding VAT
And That is for the Pro Line Monster Truck.

The Black Line should be around €200 cheaper.

Tip for Google search: write site:.de at the end of the search line to find only German sites.

Yes, and as a handler/dealer he only pays 900 euros for the proline and has offered deals to my supplier/Uncle for 1100 euros[:-]
Old 10-11-2006, 07:08 PM
2 deep

Can any of you tell me if the MCD can be driven 2WD and 4WD or is it just a strait 4WD because it gets real confusing
Old 10-12-2006, 02:12 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

ORIGINAL: hellya

You think thats a good deal???......You should see what the MCD actually cost to make then you would not be so fast to say its a good deal.......Just like the FGs....the profit mark up is out of this world.

Did you know that FGs start out at under $400, then hit the USA where the Sole/Main FG distributor adds his mark up, then he distributes the Fgs but he also controlls the market price by telling all the sub dealers whats the minimum they can sell the FGs for.

Get caught selling or advertising for less on the Web.... you get banned from the Good old boys club!

All the USA FG sub dealers have atleast a 35% markup on FG cars and parts....this is on top of the markup the main FG dealer has placed there to make his profit before distributing the vehicles and parts

MCD is no different, I have alot of friends in Germany who sell the MCD buggy .....I was quoted 1100 euros( $1370) with a 27 cc engine

and thats with the dealer making $300 profit

That is why you can find the FGs and most other 1/5 vehicles cost less in Germany.... that same MT truck that cost $1100 here, cost $750 there.....About $300 less after shipping or the same cost but with $300 worth of alloy upgrades

A good deal?????? NO......People just dont realize they are overpaying because they arent imformed.
LOL very true...

I can get mcd 4x4 rally car from UK with shipping to California for $1150

without shipping it would be $930 and here in US they charge $1500+....literally ***!!!....such a rip off...

FG evo 4 for $2200...you ask the dealer here...and they jump to $3000-3500

Maybe next time my cousins are coming over from Amsterdam or Germany i should tell them to bring me a toy...now thats an idea [&:]