Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Zenoah 20 CC Engine... Why you DO NOT want to buy this engine.

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Zenoah 20 CC Engine... Why you DO NOT want to buy this engine.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 12:13 PM
JettPilot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zenoah 20 CC Engine... Why you DO NOT want to buy this engine.

The new Zenoah 20 CC engine is a dog of an engine. Zenoah has always made great engines, but they really dropped the ball on this one. Below are the facts about this engine, and why it is a poor option for any airplane.

1. The Zenoah 20 CC engine weighs 44 ounces complete with the lightest lipo batteries and puts out only 10 pounds thrust [:@] . The RCIGN Zenoah G26 weighs 46 ounces and puts out 17 pounds thrust. You get 70% more thrust for the SAME WEIGHT with the G26 .

2. The Zenoah 20 CC engine has a very power hungry ignition system, many people are reporting only getting only TWO FLIGHTS before the battery in the Zenoah 20 CC engine dies [:'(] . The RCIGN Zenoah G-26 has a very efficient ignition system that uses very little power.

Bottom line is, they sell the Zenoah 20 CC as a light .60 sized glow replacement, but the RCIGN Zenoah G26 is the SAME WEIGHT, with 70 % more power, and flys much longer without running down its ignition batteries. Why would anyone buy the Zenoah 20 CC that is LOW on power, and runs down its battery after 2 or 3 flights [sm=confused.gif] The RCIGN Zenoah G26 outperforms the Zenoah 20 CC in every way for the SAME light weight

JettPilot
Old 12-03-2006, 01:18 PM
Don M.
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Zenoah 20 CC Engine... Why you DO NOT want to buy this engine.

Never Mind .
Old 12-03-2006, 01:36 PM
Turd

this wil explain why this post was started ---------------- dont bother to read all his posts they are all the same

http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...rum=1&thread=0
Old 12-03-2006, 02:45 PM
dominiqueFrance

The post sounds accurate to me. If what he says is true, who would not want an engine with a lot more power for the same weight ?

If there is a person that I would not read posts from, it is T u r d , that sounds like the name a troll would use.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:59 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd love to see proof of only 2 flights on a battery, weight and thrust. Specific's are warranted.

I own a G20 using an old JR1000 Mah 4-cell and I get more thrust that 10 pounds. Sounds fishy to me...

Please post actual fact and experience, not hearsay
Old 12-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Flying freak

ORIGINAL: bubbagates

I'd love to see proof of only 2 flights on a battery, weight and thrust. Specific's are warranted.

I own a G20 using an old JR1000 Mah 4-cell and I get more thrust that 10 pounds. Sounds fishy to me...

Please post actual fact and experience, not hearsay

I gotta ask wont the prop being sued have ALOT more of an effect than the battery [:@]

It COULD be true depends i agree we need more data with the correct prop im sure it would produce LESS than 10 lbs of thrust as far as battery - how long is on flight if you fly 10 minutes and he flys 25....

Steven
Old 12-23-2007, 07:12 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

I thought this thread along with JettPilot was dead and buried. Why did you exhume them [:@]

Karol
Old 12-23-2007, 08:47 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought the 20 produced good power for it's size.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:19 PM
joseph185

There is an article on this and the 26 in FLY RC magazine February 2008 and it state the G20EI produces 7.92 lbs. max thrust at 9150 rpms with a 16-7 APC prop and the 26 produces 10.34 max thrust with a 17-6 . Both these figures are low, the only advantage with these 2 engines is dependability and user friendlyness they are by no means powerhouses. They are good for high wing, high lift slow flying planes.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

Well.. I dont want to stir the pot so to speak... but what you have read and what you are saying are not true.

The G-26 will turn an 18x6 Mejzlik upwards of 9000k. That is well over 15 pounds of thrust.

It's really a shame when a magazine prints numbers that are so low and use an APC... The G-26 will 3D a 10 pound plane no problem, works fine on a high wing, high lift plane... but it can do a lot more than that as well.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:35 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First off is everyone aware that this thread is over one year old

Second the G20 I had was flying a 9lb Sukhoi rather well. I used a Mezjlik 16x8, turned it at 7500 and was seeing over 12lbs of thrust using 50:1 Belray HR-1

Third, I had one g26 in a GP Super Stearman at 14.5lbs turning a Mezjlik 18x6 and 8K and flying that plane very well. I have since sold it but have the option to fly it anytime I see it at the field

The thing I mention about the battery has everything to do with the orginal poster saying his battery time was less than stellar where as mine flew at least 5 flights until I would even begin to think about charging it
Old 12-24-2007, 07:09 AM
karolh

You are very correct, as that thrust figure is low. Any engine turning a APC 16x7 @ 9,150 rpm develops approx 14.5 lbs. of thrust. I simply hate magazine reviews that are less that factual with the info they offer the sometimes unsuspecting public.

Karol
Old 12-24-2007, 02:54 PM
joseph185

I wish you guys I had spoken to because I purchased a 45cc engine to get thrust numbers in excess of 15lbs. because of this article in model airplane news. Thanks for the info and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-24-2007, 02:57 PM
joseph185

I wish you guys I had spoken to because I purchased a 45cc engine to get thrust numbers in excess of 15lbs. because of this article in model airplane news. Thanks for the info and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also for my knowledge how do you figure out rpm x prop=thrust what formula is used for this?
Old 12-24-2007, 04:10 PM
karolh

Sure hope it was a fairly good one you got and not one of the "replica" engines being bantered about. Merry Christmas to you too.

Karol
Old 12-24-2007, 04:24 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

yes it's true, Zenoah make very good and reliable, heavy engines,,

they are behind the times and are loosing sales/money,, they need a new lighter Crank Case and lighter ignition..

I know there is no comparison between my G38 and MVVS 35 (well my G38 I sold)

it's to-bad to, cause Zenoah has such a good quality..

Jim
Old 12-24-2007, 09:27 PM
joseph185

It is a DL 50 I purchased but given the size of bore and stroke I dont think it is a true 50cc gasser but I fly on a budget. Wife and kids 1st life 2nd and then my many hobbies.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:29 PM
zaptorgasser

We are using it in 50 sized helis. Turning 12 000RPM with no problem. The huge problem is the ignition
- heavy!!!
- very bad cable output simple to damage impossible ti repair.
- cost of new ignition 176 USD!! Why when whole engine cost 299???
- the worst thing - eating 1,7 A when runing and 0,05 A when engine stopped and Have 1/2 liter fuel tank and have to auto twice before measured the consumption. It surprised me alot!! I.E the Falcon ignition takes only 1A. It MUST go. Probably will post there the Rcexl Ignitions cost around 70 USD and 125 grams weight.

Another problems what can be sorted
- New engine too tight, Is impossible to run in the new engine in heli directly. Gets overheated and cooked.. Needs to be run in on stand at least 1 liter of gas till gets all release..
- For it power is so noisy but new tuned piepe already developed
- For it power is too heavy but the size is more important to us since the G260 is impossible to use at 50 sized helis.

Have talked with some people about the possibility tune the engine - make the piston lighter, cheeks wider, balance crank shaft atc.. Nothing done yet have some deals open waiting for results.
here is the assembly and video link
http://gasserman.com/t600g/
Old 05-30-2008, 12:43 AM
zaptorgasser

Look here in the middle of page what happened when engine run directly in heli with no run in.
http://gasserman.com/t600g/
Old 05-30-2008, 08:51 AM
arobatx

These engines require no 'break in'....proper lubrication, cooling, and tuning is adequate from day one.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:00 AM
zaptorgasser

Be ware - don't mix oranges with a apples - nothing against to YOU here, respecting your opinion. PUH 231 is engine build for helis but G20EI is designed for planks. So the PUH231 or 260 maybe can be run in in heli but I still don't recommend it. At new engine the temp rise very fast and each engine is different. There are ISO limits and when engine fit to the higher limits on piston and lower limits at cylinder, the engine needs 2galoons/7 liters of gas to be able to use on heli.. I have run in process done at 20 engines already. No one fail yet. I can easily write book about this very interesting things... Each engine has own life own behavior, own language, own story..
Old 06-02-2008, 02:41 PM
classic

I highly recommend against doing business with zaptergasser guys, he is a well know thief and con man who has many alisis and online names. He has a torrid history of ripping people off and selling inferior products. Do a google search for Paul Macha (Aeroomni)

The guy is a real piece of dirt.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:07 PM
zaptorgasser

Helo Mark Ryder Do you like the www.runryderuncovered.com ??

Old 06-02-2008, 05:17 PM
classic

You call anyone who proves your an internet theif Mark Ryder.
Is that the best you got?
Do a search on "classic" at RR and you will see I was banned from there years ago. While I don't particualy like M Ryder because of the way he runs his site, I HATE and despise you because your a known thief and coward.

If anyone does a google search on you they will see very quickly just what a lowlife scam artist you really are and have all the proof they need.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've just had to delete 3 posts in this thread. You know who you are.

The rest of you will not be able to see the deleted posts. Carry on the good discussion if you want.

You other 2 guys can take your personal attacks offline. This is NOT the place for public bickering and accusations of theft or internet fraud.

First and LAST warning. Don't make me do it again. You won't like the results, I PROMISE you that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.