Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 Twist 3D Part II - Thread Continuation

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hangar 9 Twist 3D Part II - Thread Continuation

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 05:27 AM
camdyson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Twist 3D Part II - Thread Continuation

Thanks - I can sleep again[8D]
Old 01-07-2008, 06:48 AM
Downtrodden

Right on!
Old 01-07-2008, 06:51 AM
Waldopepperaxel

Build a 1/3 scale T@#$T with a 100cc Desert Aircraft twin cylinder, get a long rope and use it as a tow device to get back up the bunny slope. . .
bring it to a hover, tell her to grab the rope and hang on. .. ...

Thats perfect,,, I'll get right on that you sure I just don't need the .61 on the 40 sized to accomplish that though..
Old 01-07-2008, 07:23 AM
linkadrip

2HI2C

IS the pin striping on your plane hand painted on or is it pin stripping tape like you can get from an automotive store.? Looks like some very painstaking work if it is hand painted.

Guess i should just say it looks like it was a very pinstaking job but looks good
Old 01-07-2008, 09:40 AM
kassun

I contacted Hanger 9 this morning and talked with a tech guy, and without any hassle they are shipping me out a new wing and elevator. I will definitely be buying another hanger 9 plane in the future. Great customer service!

Dad_Roman: Nice pro covering job it looks great.

-Kassun
Old 01-07-2008, 06:26 PM
2HI2C

kassun
That is FANTASTIC, Way to go. TWIST, TWIST, TWIST, TWIST, TWIST, TWIST, TWIST. [X(]

linkadrip
It is just auto pinstripe tape.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Waldopepperaxel

Shhhhhhhh[sm=72_72.gif] Don't let DownT Hear that,,,[] And until they send us all a free T_ _ _ T for his troubles back then, I will continue to use my dashes _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Old 01-07-2008, 08:55 PM
jdkxtreme

I have two problems with two different h9 planes.They took care of me as soon as I let them know
Old 01-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Downtrodden

We've all gotten free wings from T_ _ _ T headquarters..........no big deal.........they probably get these planes from overseas at a rate of 10 for a buck anyway! But try to get a no bull@#$@ answer from them regarding "collateral damage" caused from their defective speed controllers! Good luck! ("There I go again.........calm down!" * He says to himself as he remembers grabbing his ankles the last time he dealt with H9 customer service*)

Waldo......Thank you!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:34 PM
jdkxtreme

This is totally off subject but I had the plug n play cub..80"ws..One of the servos in the wing came loose on it's maiden flight and took a bad crash..Smashed one wing and the firewall...I called them they asked for a few pics. I sent them in and in 4 days They sent me a complete plug n play,And Told me to keep my old one..I am sure you get good and bad people everywhere..But in my case they took care of me..But that was just me..
Old 01-07-2008, 11:38 PM
linkadrip

Well i like the pinstripping and i'm cosidering doing my own desighn on mine. just so it doest look like a stock PNP anymore i mean i have the tuned pipe on it now So i have to do something more.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:33 AM
Waldopepperaxel

LOL I just Love this thread

Everything else in life you have to pay for isn't nearly as entertaining as this free RCU thread,

[:-][:-] Well if you want to call $45.00 for the internet service, $800.00 or so in computers, upgrades and accessories, and then of course all the planes and engines and flight boxes you buy because someone on here did something cool and now you just have to own it or try it yourself free,,,, then I guess were all Kabillionaires,,,, then again I guess we could just use the "Priceless" phrase...and carry on
Old 01-08-2008, 09:04 AM
kassun

I was attempting to go through the part I and part II thread but couldn't find what DownT had gone through, curiosity thats all. Does anyone know off hand what post it was. I bought a few parkzone planes and the customer service was awful, It all comes down to who you get on the phone.

I did fly her the other day with the warped ailerons, it was an interesting experience, but she flew somewhat level with alot of trim. I have a basic 4 channel futaba radio so I put the throws at the first slot, since i don't have dual rates, and all I can say is wow, very responsive to the littlest of stick movement.

-Kassun
Old 01-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Downtrodden

[:@]I think it's been deleted cause I can't find it!
Old 01-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Waldopepperaxel

Well Why don't you call them Now DownT and re-kindle the ol flame sort a say,, see if you get the same results as before, maybe they'll make good on it,, LOLOLOLOLOL
Old 01-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Dad_Roman

WOW...didnt even subscribe cause I didnt expect all the feedback. THANK YOU GENTLEMEN, ONE AND ALL!!!

A few answers to questions...
The motor was clocked like that when I got it, and its an OS 50. Has unlimited verticle and flew good so I figure thats good enough. Will hover just over half throttle The airframe had been doinked and recovered in a red and white scheme.

The graphic was found simple enough on Ebay. I did the wings first and liked it so cotinued with that theme. A search turned up a wide selection of eagle heads on Ebay in all different sizes, and the beauty of it was, because I needed left/right.....GAS TANK GRAPHICS! I love it when a plan comes together

The "shoot down" was devestating. Destroyed the fuse back to F3 (rear of wing) and hurt one wing tip pretty bad. Broke the fin/rudder off. My boy leaves for the Navy in a few weeks so I decided to put it back together for him. Big jigsaw puzzle (was careful to pickup all pieces!) Went back together pretty nicely. Just getting back into flying after about a 15 yr hiatus, so this was my first big covering job. I was pretty pleased with the results. Amazing how big a difference 15-20 yrs of patience makes, lol.

Thanks again for all the compliments!
Shane

Ahh...binky, just reread the questions. Bottom graphics...standard 4" blue checkerboard. At a roll rate of about 2 per second it looks incredible (I should post a vid)

Old 01-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Waldopepperaxel

your welcome Dad,, LOL,,, you will find the best people in the world right here... I guess that is why it is such a long thread, there is a world of information at your fingertips, don't be affraid to ask about anything or offer any advice, I use to search all over RCU forums for questions about things, and it seems someone from this thread always found that question and ended up answering it, so Now I just start here.

And we all appreciate a great looking plane and the efforts to achieve it. welcome aboard.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:06 PM
kassun

Came home from work today and found 2 boxes at my door step. I opened up the small box first and saw they also included a rudder with the elevator so I was very happy, then on to the big box number two, opened it up found the wing heavily wrapped in bubble wrap, took it out and looked it over. The pictures below will detail how happy I was. I called up product support once again, got transfered 3 times and in the end they are shipping me out yet another wing. So yet another weekend goes by where the twist won't see any air time. I am betting FedEx was the deliver because every time I have used them they always seam to break something. Hope my luck is better next time.

-Kassun
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90695.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	847562   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg15059.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	847563  
Old 01-10-2008, 06:32 PM
jdkxtreme

If you complain they will do something for you..They have always taken care of me.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:00 PM
kassun

I guess I look at it as it's not their fault that the wing was damaged in shipping, they did a great job in bubble wrapping it. It's just a tad frustrating as you can imagine. If the next wing comes damaged I will take it up a notch. I was able to cut away the monokote and semi repair the breaks, it was broken in three places, but even after fixing it, it still has a curve. [&:][:@]. Until then I look forward to watching peoples twist youtube videos .

Waldo Looks like I am on my way to a tri-plane.

-Kassun
Old 01-10-2008, 07:12 PM
2HI2C

If you get to keep this wing also & they send another one then you can fix the first two & build the first Tri PNP Twist.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:51 PM
kassun

I told them If they included a return shipping label I would ship it back, but the tech guy said it wouldn't be worth it to them.

-Kassun
Old 01-10-2008, 08:39 PM
binky99

There ya go Waldo......hit him up for those 2 damaged wings LOL[8D]
Old 01-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Waldopepperaxel

Kassun that does grab your short hairs,,,[:@] good luck, but maybe I'm just in time here.

Binky I like your thinking lol

Wing building with Waldo begins. 1

I will try to be short in the description, I am also building 3 wings but am only going to list the steps for 1.

tools required xacto blade, tape measure, fine point marker.

with no wing rib available to see or trace, heres how I achieved a rib. you will need 3 sheets of 3/32 x 3 x 3

Trace the outter wingtip on a sheet of 3/32 x 3 x 3 balsa then cut it out to the inside of your marks.

from the front of your wing tip make a mark at 3 3/16 for the front of the spars

then 3 1/2 to the back of the spar this should be for a 5/16 wide spar

the spars top and bottom are 5/16 x 3/16

measure in 1/16 all the way around the edges, this allows for the sheeting.

the tip of the tail of the rib is 3/16 wide, from that point the rib should be 12 1/2" long to the flat front tip.

this is your rib template use this template only to trace out the remaining ribs you'll need, you will need 10 ribs, each sheet will make 4, total cost under $6.00

cut them all out you can also cut out lightning holes to make it lighter I am not going to do that.

assembly to begin next week.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15445.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	848089   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69184.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	848090   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ua70777.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	848091   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pj18905.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	848092  
Old 01-11-2008, 02:06 PM
KC10Chief

Some folks in another thread recommended the Twist 3D as a new home for a .46FX I have sitting around. I was wondering though. I already have a Sig Something Extra with a .46FX. Is the Twist 3D much different than that plane? Would I notice? What does it do that the Sig SE won't do? For $99, I guess I can't go wrong. I'm just curious if it's worth it since I already have the Sig. Thanks!
Matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.