Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

RaidenTech/NitroPlanes Yak 50cc (Build).. Maybe?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

RaidenTech/NitroPlanes Yak 50cc (Build).. Maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 06:00 AM
suntanpilot
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RaidenTech/NitroPlanes Yak 50cc (Build).. Maybe?

frieshoo,
What WH Egde 73" or 80" span , 28% or 30 % WH Edge for CF Tube because I've seen at Troybuilt and I might buy both CF landing gearand CF wing Tube. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:08 AM
suntanpilot

frieshoo,
What size of the WH Egde? 73" or 80" span [28% or 30"] CF Tube? because I saw Troybuilt webside ,I might get both CF landing gear and CF wing tube,Thanks.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:16 AM
frieshoo
My Feedback: (20)

28% WH Edge 85 inch Wing Span
Old 03-22-2007, 04:54 PM
suntanpilot

Thank oyu ,frieshoo. I will try again at Troybuilt.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:14 PM
frieshoo

The Yak got it's maiden flight today.

It was very windy at my field. 20+ MPH winds.

Wierd day. Wind gusting, and then no wind at all. So, I decided to fly the Yak.

I was nose heavy (hard to believe, since my engine is a very light Evolution 45, with a pitts muffler)....

The Yak was locked in right off the patch. She is light, and had a good light feel on the sticks.

IMAC stuff was solid, and very crisp. I had some slight blow back on the rudder.... This could be my servo... or geometery on the pull... or it could have been wind.... My tail 'wiggled' on half throttle fly by's.

3D rates, the Yak is at home.... IMO, if you want competition IMAC... buy something else... But if you want to hover, torq roll, and harrier around... this yak is as good as any I have flown.

Again, it was windy, and gusting.. but this arf has a nice balance to it on 3D rates.

I was snapping it 10 feet off the ground, and pulling into a hover with ease....

I gave the radio to a TOC guy, and he put on a show.

He didn't like the inverted characteristics of the Yak... (but it's nose heavy)...

He did a rolling harrier to the right... about 2 feet off the deck.

Final note:

I installed the STOCK WINGTUBE, and I did back, to back BLENDERS with it.... It held up.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:55 PM
suntanpilot

Good job frieshoo ! even it was a windy day but sounds still good to me ,it's only nose heavy matter.For me if wind gust 17-20 mph. and I will never try this air plane at all and I always flew my Kangke Cap 232 sports, it loves wind. But I am still close to an immediate pilot and have started flown since march 2005. It' about two years now. That why I always looking for this thread to help me working on my first 50 cc gasser size. I have almost all kinds of airplanes you name it ,Extra 66",Mustang 75",Edge 75",Sukhoi 75",Super Chipmunk 65", Great Planes Giant scale Ultimate ,Cap 232 sports 65",Ultra stick 64" it but still need more experience .I hope you guys don't mind to come back on this thread with the next flight to give me feel more confident and secure on this Chinese Yak 54.. Thanks alot.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:28 PM
suntanpilot

frieshoo ! how is the DL 50 running ? and how do you like it so far. If t's a good stuff I'd to have one for my yak 50cc at Peak Model w/ free shipping. Please let me know , Thanks.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:47 PM
suntanpilot

My Yak came in today w/ the big double box ,opened it up ,no damage [ lucky ]. I tried to assemble wings and stab all fit good so far and I don't have to cut the wing tube. I have odered Hitech 5645 MG for hi-torque where they needed and use Hitec 425 BB for throttle, a guy at the field has 30 % Extra 260 almost the same size and he doesn't use coated steel wire for pull-pull rudder wire and he uses some kind of material that will not introduce RF interfierence . Are you using supply pull-pull cable? if it has no problem I want ot use the stock one. Thanks.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:25 AM
frieshoo

Suntan,

I used the stock pull-pull cable. I crossed them, and they don't touch. I used a 3" double arm on the servo.... I have plenty of Rudder throw...

I just got my DL-50 back (I fried my ignition.. my fault, not the engines fault LOL!)... I have a Evolution 45MG on the Yak... but a DA will be going it as soon, as I get mine back from DA. My DL-50 is my WH Edge now.

Talk to you later.

Dennis
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37728.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	652331  
Old 03-29-2007, 08:58 PM
suntanpilot

frieshoo;
I started applied CA all over the places like you said and using triangle balsa beef around the engine block with epoxy and now it's solid. I also tried to mount the hatch it was a little bit difficult like you said but I found a better way to insert the screws in to the hole by cut a 2 " of large fuel tube and insert the head of screw in the fuel tube and now you can eaily screw it in by turn the tube and when it catches the first thread then you tightened with the allen wrench,it work out very well no broblem at all. Try that. Now I am waiting for 3MM,TOC 53 CC.engine ,at first I have just about to order DA 50 from Troy built which very close where I live but I have seen so many people talk lots of good things about this engine so I desired to bought this one as a matter of fact it's sold out have to wait until next week and cost only $ 419.00 w/ free shipping and also the dealer locate in US. Ohio, they support and carry the parts too. But after I 'm getting familiar w/ gasser then I will get the best one like DA. See -- Yaa and thanks for your info.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:28 PM
GMoneyPit

Last I saw, he was selling it for $390.

http://www.dawghouserc.com/products.php?cat=8

Gary
Old 03-30-2007, 07:39 AM
frieshoo

The 3MM is a very good engine (at least the two I have ran). The guys are running a NX 23x8 on them. Much better 'appearance' than the DL50... and seems to be stronger. You made a good choice.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:34 PM
suntanpilot

Hi ;frieshoo; I almost done with my Yak 54,50 CC [Nitro Yak or Raidentech Yak] I weighed it today w/ my bathroom scale, I got 16 lbs. minus two switches and this is only a roughly set up because I'm waiting for XOR 22x8 prop and two switches but right now I installed 18x8 master airscrew on with 4" Tower Alu spinner, but the XOR may be much lighter than the composite Master Airscrew prop.What do you think if it comes out alittle bit more than 16 lbs?
Is this Yak 54 a mid-wing or low wing airplane ? If it's a mid-wing and how do you check the C.G ? Right side up or invert it. Thank you.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:49 PM
frieshoo

Right side up.

I'm at about 16lbs. It's a rocket.... I put my DA50 on it.... can't wait for the wind to stop!!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 09:03 PM
suntanpilot

Thank you very much ,frieshoo , and will let you know about her maiden flight and how the 3MM,TOC 53 CC. engine run, it's a good looking engine and I also finished my GP giant scale Ultimate with the new 46 GT from Scott Brillelli and also waiting for XOR 22x8 and 21x8. See you later.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:27 AM
suntanpilot

Hi; frieshoo ! what kind of prop jig you use to drill the prop holes for 3mm,toc 53 engine ,some one said the ZDZ 80 prop jig is the perfect match but has to use the dill bit larger i.e 5mm instead of 4mm. Thanks again.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:42 PM
suntanpilot

Help!!!! I could not get my C.G ,it tail heavy ,I used GP balancer and used my two fingers underneath the C.G marks. The tail was heavy and never moved at all . You said you power your Nitroplane YAK-50 CC with DL-50 but I checked the DL-50 specs. it's about the same weight more or less. Have you got the C.G ,OK.? I did it right side up and I don't know what to do , I've never ran into this kind of the problem before because it's way way out of spec. What did I do wrong .Please help! everybody if you see this thread. I 'd like to fly my Yak [ Niyroplane Yak-50 CC ] Here 's my set up ;
-3MM TOC,53 CC Engine
-2x 2100 mah NiMH, [ for RX & Ignition ] Both baterries and Ignition mounted on engine box
-7 x Hitec servos [ 2-for aileron,2-for elevator,1-for rudder,1-for throttle and 1- for Choke ]
-1 x Futaba Rx. [ temporarily for test and waiting for Futaba 2.4 Ghz. spectrum ]
-Dubro pull-pull rudder sytem
- 22x10 Xoar
-4" GP aluminium spinner
-Stock alu. wing tube and stab.
-Stock landing gear
-Stock tail wheel ass'y
-Dubro giant scale black nylon hinge system [ Post stye ] for elevator and aileron

So that's about it and nothing fancy at all. Please give me some idea and what I have done wrong and what to do next to get this baby fly soon. Thank you very much.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:56 PM
frieshoo

SunTan,

I balanced on the wingtube. I didn't get a manual with my Yak so I didn't know the factory CG. My Yak is perfectly balanced (inverted flight, no elevator need for level flight...etc..)

I didn't use the stock tail wheel. I used a Haigh tail wheel from Wildhare. (It weighs less than the stock one).

I have JR 4721's on the elevators, rudder (pull-pull), and ailerons.

DA50-r, pitts muffler.

1 nihm RX battery (a big one)
1 nimh ignition battery on the motor box.

If yours balances on the wingtube, you will be fine.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96864.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	675356  
Old 05-02-2007, 11:02 PM
zayzay1

so how does this yak compare to one of the more popular brands say sd models or aerotech
Old 05-08-2007, 09:12 AM
frieshoo

suntan,

I forgot one thing that might help.

My DA prop hub is 1" past the cowl opening. I do this on all round cowling ARF's. It helps with cooling, and prop efficiency.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:06 PM
suntanpilot

Thank you freishoo, for the info, I checked mine and I got 3/4" from cowl opening to the alu. back plate. I didn't use the stand off for my 3mm,Toc. It should be O.K right? I have to add the whole 6 cells Tx batt. in the fuel tank compt. I removed the stock tail gear and replaced w/ light weight Dubro for 16 t0 30 lbs plane. The instuction manual that they e-mailed to me it says 165mm. for CG. and its's exact at the wing tube like you told me. Finally I gave her first maiden flight on last friday morning, belief me I was so worried and also the 3mm,TOC. doesn't have a good mid range. I decided to go for it anyway and I was taxing around to make sure it has a good ground handling, then I added 3/4 throttle about half of the runway and she left off. I felt like it's heavy ,I made a right turn and her nose dropped I have to gave more elevator to keep her flying level and I decided to bring her down. Landing was good ,no stalled and it's still one piece and a guy at the field told me he was very shaky . I will try her out again next week sometime.May be this time I feel more comfortable.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:34 PM
frieshoo

I think after you get the engine running a little better, you will like the yak. Sounds like you might be a tad nose heavy, but don't worry about that until you get the Yak trimmed out, and the engine running reliable.

Yeah, You don't have to use the standoffs (stock) to mount the engine. I guess you cut a big hole in the firewall?
Old 05-08-2007, 09:38 PM
frieshoo

ORIGINAL: zayzay1

so how does this yak compare to one of the more popular brands say sd models or aerotech
It's cheaper, and smaller.... Good combo for the DA, DL, 3mm 50s out there.

THe hardware sucks (well, mine did)... It's built very light, and fragile... but I like a ARF built to fly not crash.

I have never flown a SD Yak, or Aerotech, Aeroworks... so I can't help there.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:16 AM
manyu

What standoffs are you guys using with a Da 50 on top 2 1/2 " or 3".

thinking of buying as my first 50cc project! do you guys recommend it?

manyu
Old 08-07-2007, 12:22 PM
manyu

Any body here?.. wats upp with RCU... Feel people are drifting to other forums....

Manyu

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.