Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

JETT 90L feul pump?

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

JETT 90L feul pump?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 06:51 AM
smoknrv4
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JETT 90L feul pump?

I have a BSE JETT 90L in my Patriot XL, I know Jett doesn't reccomend a pump but what one would somebody reccomend if I was to use one on my plane?
Old 03-24-2007, 08:41 AM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: JETT 90L feul pump?

I'd recommend a Tettra Bladder Fuel Tank before going down the pump route.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:49 AM
Mods-R-Me
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: daven

I'd recommend a Tettra Bladder Fuel Tank before going down the pump route.
I second that. I'm using a Jet 0.90 for the Modkat and my bubbless tank is 10" away for the engine (ran on test stand). I thought it wouldn't work too but the bubbless tank requires very little pressure in comparison to regular tanks to operate efficently.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:04 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

The fuel system pressure developed by the jett-stream and turbo-jett mufflers, combined with their balance backpressure make a pump unessecary for 98% of model applications.

The Jett carb does not work well with a perry pump. Rarely works with the Cline or IronBay regulators too (little suction demand).

Its not impossible, it can work with the Perry, but it takes a bunch of work on the test stand to get things set up. Unless you are ready to commit at least a couple of hours of bench time to setup of the system before installing it in the aircraft - AND you 100% know how to adjust both the engine AND the pump.... its not going to work.

Underlying thing is..... a pump is very rarely necessary. Especially on the 90L engine. Folks whol have tried (and failed) to use a pump with this engine all had underlying fuel system problems, and the pump doesnt fix those - in most cases it makes the problems worse.

Alternatives...

The bubble-free fuel system is a first step. Works great, as others will attest to. Eliminates 90% of most fuel system issues by design. The other 10% of problems are easy enough to deal with.

If it is a situation where you want to relocate the tank - carefully consider why you want to do that.

If it is for adding fuel capacity... or installing a larger tank - go this route. Use a small hopper tank right at the firewall, fed by the larger main tank, is the way to go.

There are a few threads on here about the bubble-tanks and the hopper tank setups. Look back in the forum threads.

Bob