Notices

Mini Pred 3D

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 08:09 AM
zx6rjey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Pred 3D

iv just baught one

it flys nice (well hovers) anyone else got one? and what do you think of them?

thanks

Mark
Old 09-06-2007, 12:18 PM
syclic

Default RE: Mini Pred 3D

Mini Pred??? Are you sure it is from Century - Can't find it anywhere on their web site??
Old 12-13-2007, 07:47 AM
aeroflipz

Ive also bought the mini pred and I also think it flies very well indeed. Needed the tail servo setting up from new but once that was done it hovered perfectly. Ive had 10 or 12 flights on mine and still not a scratch on it. Its well built and reletively strong and very good value for money although it really comes into its own when used with a better transmitter. The heading hold gyro performs quite well although I've never had another HH gyro to compare it with but theres no comparison to my previous yaw rate gyro /4in1 that comes with the j.perkins twister v2. If anyone needs any more info on request just let me know and I'll try to answer any questions you may have.

Dean
Old 12-19-2007, 06:20 PM
rcsoar4fun
My Feedback: (12)

Its on the Century website, just looks to be distributed through them and not a Century heli per se. Certainly not a mini predator http://www.centuryuk.com/
Old 08-25-2008, 07:05 AM
sn00p

you need to check this thread.... Its more widely known as the falcon 3d all over the rest of the world other than the UK.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4436222/tm.htm

Old 02-08-2009, 03:54 PM
hoopysteve

It's by art-tech and is known as the mini pred 3D in the U.K. but known elseware as the Falcon 3D . Apparently the U.K. version is an upgrade of the Falcon 3D. Main differences are improvements in the head but lots of other small changes.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:11 PM
rotordoc

That is what I figured.

It is NOT a heli manufactured by Century Helicopter Products (the original USA company that designs & manufactures helis). That is why one can't find it on the Century Helicopters Products web site.

www.centuryheli.com

Seems they are two different companies. CenturyUK is but a distributor of various product in the UK, and not a manufacturer of any product themselves. Century Helicopter Products design and manufacture helis and other items in their own factory,that are sold around the world by different distributors in different countries.

Seems that the CenturyUK company also sells items from Century Helicopter Products in the UK. So I can see how that can be a bit misleading to the unwary British consumer.

I would wager that nowhere in the manual for the Mini Pred is their a reference to Century Helicopter Products, as their would be in the manuals for the genuine Century products such as the Hawk Pro, Raven 50, Predator MAX or GS or the Swift series of electric helis. You would probably only find refeences to CenturyUK.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:30 PM
hoopysteve

Spot-on ! I've got a Mini Pred 3D V2 . The manual refers to CENTURY UK LTD at www.centuryuk.com . Hope that's it cleared up .
Old 02-09-2009, 01:36 AM
rotordoc

I really love my Century (USA) helis. I now have one of almost every size they manufacture and sell here in the USA (Hawk Pro, Raven 50, Predator GS and Swift 16 & 550SE). I have been very impressed with all of them - I would like to see what they could come up with in the smaller electric area - e.g. a 450 (325mm blades) and a 500 (425mm blades).

Considering how well their bigger helis fly, I am sure they could also do the smaller electric mini's very well.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:01 AM
hoopysteve

You're a lucky guy . However it would appear that the Mini Pred 3D V2 that i have is not what you're looking for albeit the guys here in the U.K. seem to think that it's not bad . As you sound like an experienced flier , i'm sure you'll make a good choice , God knows there's plenty of people on this site to give you some sound advise if you need it . Good luck Buddy !
Old 02-10-2009, 12:22 AM
rotordoc

ORIGINAL: hoopysteve

You're a lucky guy . However it would appear that the Mini Pred 3D V2 that i have is not what you're looking for albeit the guys here in the U.K. seem to think that it's not bad . As you sound like an experienced flier , i'm sure you'll make a good choice , God knows there's plenty of people on this site to give you some sound advise if you need it . Good luck Buddy !
Sorry but I cannot figure who are you addressing this too???
Old 04-09-2009, 04:34 AM
nimaldes

hi

i am a newbie and have a mini pred 3d v2 and its the se version. It is my first non coaxial heli 9 my last being a lama v40 and i have been flying it for a while now and am ok at doing so. I have one question that may seem stupid to experienced pilots but what do the two twisting switches on top of the standard controller just below the headlock and 3d switch do. I had mine set up by a pro and so i left them where he put them but i forgot to ask him what on earth they do.

pls help

Nimal