Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

I want to buy a LST 2.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 07:38 PM
clubin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to buy a LST 2.

I have had Savage's and sold them all. I race truggy, and want to buy another basher.

I would like to buy a LST, what breaks on them? I just would like to know to have spares on hand.

Second question I have a RB 728 is is going to fit on the LST? The engine was just broken in on a Savage X SS.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:22 PM
HPI_Savage_RC

Default RE: I want to buy a LST 2.

Bashing you say.

Savage XL > LST2
Old 08-24-2008, 08:26 PM
clubin

ORIGINAL: HPI_Savage_RC

Bashing you say.

Savage XL > LST2
There are already a couple savage XL's and a few savage X's I wanted to try somthing different.

JMO I think the Savage XL looks goofy.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:29 PM
HPI_Savage_RC

The LST2 will look far more goofy when it is sitting in a box broken within the first few minutes of bashing.

That's if you bash. Most LST2 owners rarely take their trucks more than chest high when jumping. Those that go higher either have substantial amounts of upgrades, or they break often.

That said, the commonly broken parts are: Upper and lower suspension arms, front spindles, chassis rails, steering links, and shock shafts. Possibly more, but these are the parts that I have personally seen fail on multiple occasions when people try to drive LST2s like they do Savages.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:27 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Get a LST2.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:31 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I have toyed with the RB928 in my LST the RB728 should be about the same only less power and even harder to tune.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:37 PM
2DMaxLST!!

The LST2 will look far more goofy when it is sitting in a box broken within the first few minutes of bashing.

That's if you bash. Most LST2 owners rarely take their trucks more than chest high when jumping. Those that go higher either have substantial amounts of upgrades, or they break often.

That said, the commonly broken parts are: Upper and lower suspension arms, front spindles, chassis rails, steering links, and shock shafts. Possibly more, but these are the parts that I have personally seen fail on multiple occasions when people try to drive LST2s like they do Savages.
Pictures of me personally bashing, let's see yours.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:41 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Shocks from my LST compared to my aftermarket shocks from my Savage, I assume they increased the size of the Savage Shocks on the XL??
Old 08-24-2008, 10:44 PM
Sugafree

Yep, Don't believe half the Crap ya hear on the net

Old 08-24-2008, 10:48 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Post up some pictures of your LST that gave you so many issues next to your XL so we can take a look.

Everyone is different............but after driving my LST for a short time I ripped the 200oz steering servo out of my Savage, stuck the parts in a box and sold it for $50, it was no longer worth my time to even put the bucket back togeather... just me..

Old 08-24-2008, 11:01 PM
HPI_Savage_RC

Hey 2DMaxLST and Sugafree, let's see the landings. Unimpressive height too...

I bet you are both running RPM arms and aluminum knuckles to prevent breakage of the brittle stock parts.

Shocks from my LST compared to my aftermarket shocks from my Savage, I assume they increased the size of the Savage Shocks on the XL??
No, why would they need to? The Savage has twice as many shocks as the LST2. The LST2's shocks are a novelty really. A single 4mm steel shaft at each corner does not have sufficient strength for hardcore bashing. Also, the LST2's shock bodies are aluminum, while the Savage's shock bodies are made of nylon. You would realize why the Savage has the advantage if you decided to bash harder...

Oh, and I don't have any pictures of myself bashing, but here is an example of what they would look like.

LST2 + hardcore bashing = Fail
Old 08-24-2008, 11:03 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Yes, of course you have no video or pictures of yourself.

I was helping my buddy tune and run his racing Savage earlier this afternoon.

All fun until the rear diff went.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:29 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I would have questions of those who post others pictures and videos, there are lot's of 'posers' out there......

[link=http://www.dennisnadams.com/tmaxx/LST/LightBash_Durability_Testing.wmv]Video: Video of me personally landing the big jumps that I posted....[/link]
Old 08-25-2008, 01:03 AM
clubin

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

I would have questions of those who post others pictures and videos, there are lot's of 'posers' out there......

[link=http://www.dennisnadams.com/tmaxx/LST/LightBash_Durability_Testing.wmv]Video: Video of me personally landing the big jumps that I posted....[/link]
2DMax is that the stock engine in that thing?
What is the displacement of the 427 engine?
Is it worth installing the RB 728 in to the LST or is the stocker enough?

Sorry for all the questions.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:36 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you're gonna get an LST2 for bashing, IMO all you need is:

1.) a set of A-arms(dirt cheap on e-bay, and an easy fix..)
2.) a set of hubs and knuckles
3.) the Dynamite engine brace
4.) New Era rollbar
5.) RC Raven springs..

That's pretty much it.. #1-3 I would say are musts, #4 & 5 less so, but still awesome..

If you want to see some other awesome LST2 bashing videos, go to www.nitrobashers.com .. Those guys pretty much took over bashing where SMF and Beaverstick and co left off.. I think they've mostly moved onto gassers and stuff now.. But a couple years ago they were putting out some crazy vids..
Old 08-25-2008, 07:43 AM
raze44
My Feedback: (1)

Oh, and I don't have any pictures of myself bashing, but here is an example of what they would look like.
Well if you didnt see the landing, you cant tell us its a strong truck. We could jump our LST2s that high, it might break a few parts though. I could go drop mine off a high rise building, and take a pic of it in mid-air, but that doesn't prove anything. You said something about the truck having nylon shocks rather than aluminum, well that is used because it is cheaper, not because it is stronger. My 330$ Aftershock has nylon shocks, because it is downgraded from the LST2 shocks. Before you go on about the savage being tougher than the LST2, take both out yourself, rather than listen to everyone online. I cant say the LST is any tougher than the savage, because I have only tried the LST. But some people on here have owned both trucks, and they prefer the LST2.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:08 AM
IL2mSturmovik

Glad to see you aren't letting any real life experiences get in the way of your ignorance.
I had several friends that WERE Savage died in the wool enthusiasts.
After 7-8 bashing sessions with my LST2, and seeing how much more of a MT the LST2 is, ALL sold their Savages, and are now proudly driving/racing LST2's.
My last remaining friend that has a Savage, wants a LST2 so badly its funny.
And his Savage even has the LST2 shock conversion on it, which most all serious Savage racers seem to go to, if not just change to LST2s
You dont even know the biggest must do to ths LST2, teh engine chassis brace, a whopping $14
Old 08-25-2008, 12:05 PM
iexion

No one has yet to mention how the new XL is more on size with the LST then it was before. I was an HPI fan till i got my losi
Both trucks are bashers but the LST has more potential to be a racer with less upgrades. As for shock you can save close to a pound if you switch to the stock aftershock shocks. think those are nylon
Old 08-25-2008, 12:36 PM
HPI_Savage_RC

Video: Video of me personally landing the big jumps that I posted....
Wow, that wasn't exactly what I expected, because half throttle runs at a medium sized ramp with perfect landings are going to break a highly modified LST2...

Well if you didnt see the landing, you cant tell us its a strong truck. We could jump our LST2s that high, it might break a few parts though. I could go drop mine off a high rise building, and take a pic of it in mid-air, but that doesn't prove anything.
I have personally seen many landings from that height, with both LST2s and Savages. If both trucks land perfectly, no damage will result (obviously). However, when you factor in failed backflips, or misjudged air control, I have yet to see an LST2 drive away. Savages on the other hand, almost always do.

You said something about the truck having nylon shocks rather than aluminum, well that is used because it is cheaper, not because it is stronger.
In terms of strength, yes, the aluminum shocks will be better. However, the nylon shocks have greater toughness. When it comes to shock loading of the parts, the nylon shock bodies will elastically deform and absorb energy, preventing the shock shafts from bending or snapping, as occurred so often when I ran LST shocks on my Savage.

Before you go on about the savage being tougher than the LST2, take both out yourself, rather than listen to everyone online. I cant say the LST is any tougher than the savage, because I have only tried the LST. But some people on here have owned both trucks, and they prefer the LST2.
LOL! Do you honestly think I am basing all of what I say on the opinions of others? I have bashed both, and I can tell you right now, if I have a truck 20ft in the air, and I expect to drive away and repeat the flight, that truck most definitely should be a Savage.

Glad to see you aren't letting any real life experiences get in the way of your ignorance.
Incorrect assumptions get you nowhere...

I had several friends that WERE Savage died in the wool enthusiasts.
After 7-8 bashing sessions with my LST2, and seeing how much more of a MT the LST2 is, ALL sold their Savages, and are now proudly driving/racing LST2's.
My last remaining friend that has a Savage, wants a LST2 so badly its funny.
The ONLY way this scenario can be valid is if your friends are more interested in racing than bashing, or they bash like 2DMaxLST and HerrSavage. LST2s are better racers, and I can see why some would prefer them for mild bashing. However, after my experiences, I wouldn't even consider attempting to use an LST2 for heavy bashing.

And his Savage even has the LST2 shock conversion on it, which most all serious Savage racers seem to go to, if not just change to LST2s
This proves my above point. Some racers do run the LST shock conversion, but hardcore bashers do not, because the shocks do not hold up.

You dont even know the biggest must do to ths LST2, teh engine chassis brace, a whopping $14
I was surprised when that was one of the only parts that didn't break during the liter of fuel I ran through my friend's LST2. The biggest must do for a Savage? Throttle linkage mod. Yeah, not even a durability upgrade. It doesn't need any of those.

1.) a set of A-arms(dirt cheap on e-bay, and an easy fix..)
2.) a set of hubs and knuckles
3.) the Dynamite engine brace
4.) New Era rollbar
5.) RC Raven springs..
Well said, and I hope this steers the original poster away from the LST2, and back towards the Savage.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:55 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I'm actually beginning to doubt you even own a RC....
Old 08-25-2008, 12:59 PM
HPI_Savage_RC

I'm actually beginning to doubt you even own a RC....
I'm actually beginning to believe that you are only trying to spite me in hopes of starting a flame war and getting me banned.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Sugafree

Hey 2DMaxLST and Sugafree, let's see the landings. Unimpressive height too...
Landings from the first pics,(Only Upgrades at the time where RPMs) http://media.putfile.com/Quick-bash-day-with-the-LST2

and the other pics are from the XXXMain Video Bash, Watch XXX-ThRE3 to see the Landings........And the Truck was 100% Stock at the time.....Fresh out of the box...
http://www.xxxmain.com/xxx-three-trailer.shtml
Old 08-25-2008, 01:03 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Most people who have been around the hobby for a while can spot a wanna be from a mile away, I hope some of the newer users read enough of yours posts to understand where you are coming from.......
Old 08-25-2008, 01:20 PM
HPI_Savage_RC

Most people who have been around the hobby for a while can spot a wanna be from a mile away, I hope some of the newer users read enough of yours posts to understand where you are coming from.......
I understand where you are coming from, in the past I have run out of arguments, and have been forced to post a completely unfounded and idiotic statement that I knew would only serve to piss my antagonist off, thus initiating a flame war. Sorry, I am here only to make my point, not participate in an irrelevant exchange of insults. I hope the original poster now realizes that the LST2 is not a hardcore basher, and buys a Savage XL instead.

Good day, have fun jumping your LST2 5 feet in the air.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:30 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just for poops and giggles.... I just did a rebuild of the whole rear end of my Savage.. Nearly every cup was totally ruined.. Changed out the diff completely(were teeth missing too.), and switched in old cups from my old Savage 25... Anyway, don't want to go into rounded out shock eyelets and all the rest..., but look at the wear after about 5 gallons split between two lowly Axials...

Here you can see the diff cup on the LST2, after somewhere between four and five gallons..(I have without a doubt bashed my LST2 more and harder than I have my Savage.. I would've bashed my Savage more, but it breaks too much.. So I use it mostly for wheelying.. The kids and parents at the park like it.. No kidding - they clap...)

Here's a cup on the Muggy.. I have at least six gallons through numerous engines on it(including 1 1/2 with a Nova 528, and about two gallons maybe with an LRP Spec 3..).. Bought it used to, don't know how much fuel was through it when I got it..

I'm a Savage guy(obviously..), but in my experience, they are not as tough as Losi's.. Back when I only had my Savage 25, and was really impressed by it, I was REALLY skeptical about getting anything else.. After seeing how tough the 25 was at surviving bad jumps, I was like, if a truck breaks an A-arm it isn't tough and I don't want anything to do with it..

Well, a couple years and several trucks and many gallons later..., I can tell you this with absolute certainty - I would rather replace 5 LST2 a-arms, than one Savage diff... (So far I've broken 1 upper A-arm on the LST2, and one lower on the Muggy(3 Savage diffs and a few diff bearings..)

Anyway, the new XL may be better.. It sure looks fast in vids I've seen..

But oh wait, why are we even talking about it?? This guy wants an LST2..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.