Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

RC Report Online!! For Real!!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

RC Report Online!! For Real!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 10:52 PM
sparky925
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Report Online!! For Real!!

Ok all.....
Its semi official that RC Report will have a online site for reviews and product test reports.

I have been considering this for several weeks now, and with Gordons blessing.....and help....we will have something up shortly.

My question is what do you want to see on the RC Report website?
Please use this forum to voice your opinions ....good or bad....
Gordon, Heather and I are ready and waiting..

[link]http://www.rcreport.net[/link]
Old 01-15-2009, 11:07 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: RC Report Online!! For Real!!

Love the new product reports
Old 01-15-2009, 11:16 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

How's this going to work? More details please...
Old 01-15-2009, 11:23 PM
sparky925

HUMM....!!!!!Details.....sure....humm....well..let s see!!
Lets face it nearly everyone can get online today, so why not get the reviews out there for all...especially former RCReport subscribers to see!!

We have had .....probally hundreds of folks want the magazine to remain, so this is our idea!!

again i will have more details and such in the weeks to come, but we need to get a good plan together and impliment it first.
Ill update this forum as we have more specifics!!

T
Old 01-15-2009, 11:42 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

I never did get around to subscribing to the magazine. It was always something I intended to do... helpful, huh?

How much of the old content could be put online? I'd happily pay to have access to it, where I could just browse and read at my leisure. Reviews are great, new product news is really nice, too. When it comes to reviews I value detailed construction photos more than I value videos. When a video is shot by an amateur, you pretty well know what you're going to get. Takeoff, loops, rolls, some spins, and an irritating bit of music - - all with a nice shake to it. I've never really learned anything about a product from such a video. That's probably just me, however.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:57 AM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

SWEET!! [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 01-16-2009, 04:03 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You mentioned Reviews and Product test reports. You said nothing concerning the Columns. What about them?

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 01-16-2009, 08:36 AM
sparky925

I am working on the columnist side as we speak.. I know that we will at least :..Sparkys Revolt...Terry Dunn (Bird on a Wire), Dick Petitt and probally something from Gordon himself. As we get more commitments on columns ill let every one know.

We are also looking at the possibility of having archive of back issues, but may require some kind of supscription bases due to the bandwidth and storage required to support the hi resoulotion formats currently used in RCReport.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:21 AM
hpiguy

Defintely interested. Since it has Gordon's blessing, which I assume means it will retain the same goals and formats I'm in for sure. Subscribed.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:28 AM
mobyal

This is good news. My preferences, in order, are to continue the kit and product reviews w/ photos and candid opinion and at least some of the columns. Dick Pettit, Dick Watz and the Master Chief hizzownself, either as a substitiute for Watz until he gets his health back or give him his own column if he'll do it, come to mind and then Gordon's contribution.
Let me know the details and sign me up!
Al
Old 01-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Tango Juliet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately I've never perused a copy of RC Report, so I don't know what the original print version contained. I received an email from our club newsletter editor yesterday informing me of the impending demise of the print version. I'm glad to see however, that you're considering an on-line version. For me personally, the lack of "Kit" reviews and in depth construction articles in todays magazines is frustrating. On this site, I spend a lot of time looking at "build threads" to learn how others do what they do (the craftsmanship of the classic pattern guys is to be applauded). If the content and quality is right, I'd be interested in subscribing. Event coverage is also something I look forward to.

I'm sending you a PM also.

TJ
Old 01-16-2009, 09:52 AM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was very disappointed to hear about the demise of RC Report, especially since ya'll implemented the Miss RC Reports girls!!! It was the ONLY magazine that would tell the truth about a product. Just about every other mag says the same things over and over. "The new XXXX flies smooth and predictable. Our only complaint was that the instructions could be better." Or they would say that the "plane had a few wrinkles, but nothing that 15 minutes with a heat gun couldn't fix." Then in reality the plane had some many you have to strip it, or iron the wrinkles down and live with the crease. If something was bad, RC Report said so, and I respect that.
I will certainly look at the online version, but please include the Miss RC Report girls. You can't leave them out, that would directly contribute to unemployment!
Old 01-16-2009, 10:30 AM
slopoke
My Feedback: (16)

I miss the zaniness of Brian Winch. I hope he will be on too.

Slopoke
Old 01-16-2009, 10:35 AM
mobyal

ORIGINAL: mobyal

This is good news. My preferences, in order, are to continue the kit and product reviews w/ photos and candid opinion and at least some of the columns. Dick Pettit, Dick Watz and the Master Chief hizzownself, either as a substitiute for Watz until he gets his health back or give him his own column if he'll do it, come to mind and then Gordon's contribution.
Let me know the details and sign me up!
Al
Oh yeah. Forgot to mention the show aand event reports from Dick Petit. Toledo, Fl Jets, Top Gun, Joe Nall, etc. Let's continue those, too. Please?
Old 01-16-2009, 10:44 AM
bolar
My Feedback: (5)

If it's not broke, don't fix it!

I'm not sure what you are asking when you say "what do you want to see on the R/C Report web site?". I want to see R/C Report like it was, the same reviews, columns and editorials, be it print or web. Anything else and it won't be R/C Report.

Also, is Gordon starting from scratch with new writers or are the same guys staying on? Is the new R/C Report going to require a fee to view? What about the people with current supscriptions?
Old 01-16-2009, 10:55 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Received this message from Tony Stillman, AMA Dist V VP and columnist on RC Report:

All: As I reported to you, RC Report has closed as a magazine. However, Tony Coberly is going to re-release it in an ONLINE VERSION! I have already agreed to continue to write the RADIO RAMBELINGS column for him, and others are joining up now.

When I have more news, I will pass it along. Please let your friends that take RC REPORT know!

Tony Stillman, President
Radio South, Inc.
139 Altama Connector, Box 322
Brunswick, GA 31525
1-800-962-7802

www.radiosouthrc.com

Old 01-16-2009, 11:03 AM
J_Whitney

ORIGINAL: bolar

If it's not broke, don't fix it!

I'm not sure what you are asking when you say "what do you want to see on the R/C Report web site?". I want to see R/C Report like it was, the same reviews, columns and editorials, be it print or web. Anything else and it won't be R/C Report.

Also, is Gordon starting from scratch with new writers or are the same guys staying on? Is the new R/C Report going to require a fee to view? What about the people with current supscriptions?
My feelings exactly. I was not real happy with the ARF reviews, but did find them useful from time to time. the KIT and product reviews were always helpful - about the only magazine I read cover to cover.

So, if at all possible, the same thing with the same people - and I would also be happy to pay a subscription fee. The archives would be fantastic too.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Prairie Mike

Hopefully you can keep all or most of the old magazine format. At this point I'm desperate. Anything you cobble together will be all right with me. Besides I think Gordon will need some money for pizzas or Mina will have to get a real job to support his habit. So sign me up.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:17 PM
sparky925

I guess my questions is what ELSE would you like to see online?
Of course there are many more possibilities with the website!
The magazine reviews, articles, and columns are a given

I am hoping to still be able to offer hardcopy by request perhaps?

Downloadable PDF magazine?

Forums for questions about articles?
Old 01-16-2009, 12:22 PM
hpiguy

I'd pay to continue getting a paper copy as long as it wasn't like $50 year or something.

I'm sure the printing, mailing can't be cheap.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:30 PM
J_Whitney

PDF or E-book or Kindle are good options.
I for one really enjoyed the columns.
Even tho it did not set out to be, RCR was the best scale magazine in the US - and I would like to see that continued and expanded if possible. I know scale is not everyone's cup of tea, but neitther is Pattern or IMAC or 3D.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ii did notice that you were interested in keeping the electric columns in place. What about the Scale columns? I noticed that You did not mention the Watz or Winch column.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 01-16-2009, 12:38 PM
sparky925

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Ii did notice that you were interested in keeping the electric columns in place. What about the Scale columns? I noticed that You did not mention the Watz or Winch column.

Bill, AMA 4720
I havent forgotten about scale columns.
I can only talk about folks that i have had contact with...
i hope that everyone (all columnists) will be willing to come to RCR Online, but i cant speak for them until i have contact!
Old 01-16-2009, 12:59 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After the fallout many of the RCR writers contacted us and are now writing for RC Universe. We will have upcoming reviews and articles in the very near future from these recent additions to our writing team here at RCUniverse.com

Marc
Old 01-16-2009, 01:06 PM
sparky925

Yes...i have heard and good to see.

I talked to Dick about his NOT Giant article coming up!

Tony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.