Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Has anyone tried this one?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Has anyone tried this one?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 01:14 PM
flaminheli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone tried this one?

Just noticed this and thought I would ask if anyone has tried one out.
[link]http://www.nitroplanes.com/su26100cc101.html[/link]
Old 01-26-2009, 05:35 PM
thevirginian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Has anyone tried this one?

WOW,
Go for it, flaminheli. I can tell you I have a Yak 54 (69" WS) from Nitro and I love it. It is actually a (stolen) design from a very renown and successful pilot. Looking at the pictures it seems to be a solid airplane. The only thing most Nitroplanes are bad about are the wing tubes. But those can be replaced with CF. Other than that I like it a lot. I have the WH Sukhoi 35%
Old 01-26-2009, 06:24 PM
flaminheli

ORIGINAL: thevirginian

WOW,
Go for it, flaminheli. I can tell you I have a Yak 54 (69" WS) from Nitro and I love it. It is actually a (stolen) design from a very renown and successful pilot. Looking at the pictures it seems to be a solid airplane. The only thing most Nitroplanes are bad about are the wing tubes. But those can be replaced with CF. Other than that I like it a lot. I have the WH Sukhoi 35%
I am familiar with the 69" you are refering to. I am wanting to go to gas exclusively. I had a 50cc engine with a bent crank but sold it yesterday and am considering just leaping up to 100cc. It seems like a better idea than investing in a 50cc and then going to 100CC.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:34 PM
thevirginian

That depends on. I like my 50cc as much as my 100cc. Those are two different animals. The smaller one is squirrly in comparison to the its bigger sibling. The other thing is with a big airplane you never fly it the way you fly a small plane. Too much money tied up if you crash.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:42 PM
flaminheli

Those are good points. They will be thought about long and hard along with other things before I make the leap.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:00 PM
skip1320

I have the 50 ultimate,very good ARF in my opinion,they are made by Fly model,you can see the stickers in pics,i like that new Edge!
Old 01-26-2009, 09:37 PM
flaminheli

If I do not decide to go with the SU 26, the one I will be going with is this [link]http://www.nitroplanes.com/edge-540t-50cc-giant-scale-rc-plane.html[/link]
with an AREA 51.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:19 AM
thevirginian

flaminheli;
Before you jump into this one, do yourself a favour and do a research on that plane. I believe, if my memory serves my right, I read about this airplane and it was not too impressive. One thing that looks odd is the fuse. Compare its length to other Edge type planes. This one seems so stubby in length. But as a combo it would be a great deal. $300 for the plane, $400 for the motor is not bad at all. Unless you don't like the Yaks I would go with the NitroPlane Yak 54. There is a long building thread about that plane here on RCU. Check out Troy Built Models as well. They have the "Magic Hand" kits.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:33 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stubby is right. Looks like they forgot the tail section and glued the tail feathers to the canopy.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:50 PM
raptorflyr
My Feedback: (20)

I personally have not tried this airframe. Looking at the photo, I can say that the plane will probably have a ton of roll coupling based on the relationship of the wing and horizontal tail. Sukhoi's are like that in real life though. It does seem short coupled as well as the other members mentioned.

It is pretty hard to beat a 100cc airframe for that price. Make sure you understand the shipping charges before you plunk down the cash, it is possible there might be some hidden expense there.

The other caution is parts availability. A while back we bought some airplanes from Rich Model which were similar in cost. The planes were OK except for the covering. Unfortunately, the company is now out of business and you can not get parts for the planes any more. So that is a factor.

If you are looking for a great deal on a 100 cc airframe, take a look at the BME/PAU ultimate biplane. This is a great company with quality products and very good support. The kit sells for $649 and it was about $60 to ship to me. Compare this to your sukhoi by looking at covering (Ulti has monokote), parts availability, etc. There's a long thread on this airframe here on RCU.

Good luck with your decision. Welcome to the world of Giants. I'm up to three now! One more and it is divorce time!

Old 01-27-2009, 08:54 PM
thevirginian

You have a legitimate point with the parts availability, raptor. But that's the same with Nitro Planes. Good luck, if you need parts. That's why I mentioned TBM and their "Magic Hand" ARFs.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:57 PM
skip1320

Get this one,other has no wing area http://www.nitroplanes.com/new20gisced5.html
Old 01-27-2009, 09:31 PM
gunshot2008

Here let me throw in a few thoughts GET the AREA 51 it's a great motor I have a 51 and my friend has a 51 and a 102 they both perform great, I will suggest a plane go to www.Dawghouserc.net he sells a 50 cc yak 55 I have one. You will never find an arf out their like this one has all the goodies all C.F tubes and tail wheel, all the hardware is4-40 ball links ultacote awsome fiberglass and of course Scott just call and talk to him. On the web page click online store then arf's then click 50cc gonna be 2 line of 50cc you want the E.G. series, I have the orange one! These are an awsome plane don't know why people haven't heard of them but they are a must see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a h-9 carden which I purchased about a few months ago and will no longer finish because in my opinion it isn't as nice as the dawg house yak 55 sp. I own several name brand arf's and will purchase again from Dawghouse!!!!!!!!! sorry it's not the best pic. but one of the only on my laptop I'm out of town!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76865.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	1121374  
Old 01-27-2009, 11:23 PM
flaminheli

The Red Bull version is a larger airframe [:@] I liked the scheme of the other one. But I guess you can't always get what you want. Abipe is out of the question. I have been flying for over 20 years and most of those have probably been with bipes. I am tired of messing with the extra wing and linkages.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:43 AM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: JoeAirPort

Stubby is right. Looks like they forgot the tail section and glued the tail feathers to the canopy.

A Scale Su-26m is stubby from the back of the canopy to the tail.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:34 AM
RREEL

ORIGINAL: flaminheli

I am familiar with the 69" you are refering to. I am wanting to go to gas exclusively. I had a 50cc engine with a bent crank but sold it yesterday and am considering just leaping up to 100cc. It seems like a better idea than investing in a 50cc and then going to 100CC.

Hey Flamerheli, I call BULL***** on you selling a 50cc with a bent crank. Perhaps that would be the crank that you lied about not being able to get a replacement from DA. You know, the one you talked trash about, and lied about and got called out on in another thread that got closed. You will soon find that the RC community is a small one and that being a know it all, arrogant keyboard pilot will come back to haunt you
Old 01-28-2009, 07:41 AM
flaminheli

ORIGINAL: RREEL

Hey Flamerheli, I call BULL***** on you selling a 50cc with a bent crank. Perhaps that would be the crank that you lied about not being able to get a replacement from DA. You know, the one you talked trash about, and lied about and got called out on in another thread that got closed. You will soon find that the RC community is a small one and that being a know it all, arrogant keyboard pilot will come back to haunt you
I did have one that was damaged. It is none of your business what I have or had so don't come on my post starting some B.S. I have no reason to lie about anything. I did not get called out on anything. I had no reason to discuss the need for a new crank because I sold the engine. So take your little 19 post POS ***** elsewhere.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:02 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

The sukhoi is very tempting! Compared to the Wildhare...

The Wildhare wing span is 102"
The Nitromodels is 101"

The Wildhare fuse length is 88"
The Nitromodels is 93" Much longer?

Wildhare needs hardware pack
Nitromodels includes a lot of hardware (don't know how good but..)

Wildhare price $849 Not shipped..
Nitromodels $461 shipped
Old 01-28-2009, 08:06 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

I did have one that was damaged. It is none of your business what I have or had so don't come on my post starting some B.S. I have no reason to lie about anything. I did not get called out on anything. I had no reason to discuss the need for a new crank because I sold the engine. So take your little 19 post POS ***** elsewhere.

Huh?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=8393238

Old 01-28-2009, 08:08 AM
thevirginian

ORIGINAL: sweetpea01

ORIGINAL: JoeAirPort

A Scale Su-26m is stubby from the back of the canopy to the tail.
Now take a look at this one
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77587.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	1121631  
Old 01-28-2009, 08:18 AM
flatspinjim
My Feedback: (3)

There is no way you can compare the quality of a Wildhare plane to a nitro plane. Wildhare will always be FAR BETTER. NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 08:28 AM
thevirginian

ORIGINAL: jonkoppisch

The sukhoi is very tempting! Compared to the Wildhare...

The Wildhare wing span is 102"
The Nitromodels is 101"

The Wildhare fuse length is 88"
The Nitromodels is 93" Much longer?

Wildhare needs hardware pack
Nitromodels includes a lot of hardware (don't know how good but..)

Wildhare price $849 Not shipped..
Nitromodels $461 shipped
jonkoppisch,
You are correct when you compare numbers, but don't forget other important factors here. Although the Nitro Plane Sukhoi looks stunningly nice in these pictures it doesn't tell you anything about the actual quality of the kit. One thing I would bet my paycheck on, right now is, the wing tube of the Nitroplane is unusable. Thin and soft. WH includes a top quality CF tube for main and stab. WH's quality is second to none. WH's airplane designs a proven for performance. WH's customer support is superior. NitroPlanes customer support is as good as non existing. Spare parts? Don't waste your time calling Nitro. See, all this needs to be taken in consideration when comparing. Don't get me wrong, though. I am not bashin NitroPlanes at all. As a matter of fact, I like them for their prices and their variety of planes. Even if their ARF's lack some quality, for the price difference there is money available for replacement parts of better quality. The only question left open is, how does my new NitroPlane ARF perform? If you like to gamble then you might as well go with the cheaper NitroPlane.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:36 AM
jonkoppisch

You're right. I was just throwing out specs to get an idea about the size of the nitroplanes sukhoi. The nitroplanes suk should track great because of the longer fuse length.

Of course price wise, you can buy 2 and 1/2 of the nitroplanes for the price of 1 wildhare so if you have to buy a wintube then you're still way ahead.

I know someone who has the smaller nitroplane yak and loves it. He also has a lot of larger planes to compare it against so he is a fairly good judge. If you're looking for absolutely the best in that size, then of course nitroplanes isn't going to be the one.

How is it compared to the price? I don't know....
Old 01-28-2009, 08:38 AM
jonkoppisch

As far as comparing. All manufactures have had their issues.

Aeroworks with wing failures

Toc, sd etc with EXTREMELY tight wing tubes and the worst aluminum landing gear!

Wild hare with their hinges wearing...

etc etc
Old 01-28-2009, 02:38 PM
flaminheli

Has anyone heard when Milton w/rcextreme expects a shipment of engines. Everything says out of stock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.