Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Suggestions
Reload this Page >

New Bright/Toy-grade RC Models

Community
Search
Notices
Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

New Bright/Toy-grade RC Models

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 03:20 PM
KE4QPF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Bright/Toy-grade RC Models

Dear forum administrators:

For years now, a group of RC modders have diverged on a site called Rockcrawler.com with New Bright models. Rockcrawler sponsored many of the builds we modified. Unfortunately, due to money problems with Rockcrawler.com and forum hosting software issues, our forum has been shut down. We have started an enclave in the Unusual RC subforum, but many members have stated our RCs do not warrant being there. Points of contention have been raised in our posts and in an online poll.

Those of us who have shifted from Rockcrawler are beginning to feel heat from forum members who are seeing their threads move down in the subforum due to their inactivity and our superactivity. To help mitigate continual call-outs that New Bright rigs are not "Unusual" in nature, we, as a group, humbly request a subforum be made specifically for these toy-grade models. Due to our world's economy going into the toilet, I feel there is a great demand for these sub-$100 models that your site is not fully taking advantage of.

New Bright and several other RC toy manufacturers are now mimicking other hobby-grade companies in terms of product design, electronics support, and overall functionality. We, the former members of Rockcrawler.com, have exploited many of these traits and have taken these toy-grade models to new heights. Whether it be simple upgrades from spring to oil shocks, tricking out the lights with LED bulbs, or just finding new ways to make things better than out of the box, we feel there's no true place in RCUni for these models except the "Unusual" category at the present time. Other posters, who are native to your site, have found deficiencies in this area as well. A toy-grade area would be much welcomed.

So, therefore, I humbly ask the moderators of this forum to have a bit of mercy on us, forgive us if we've overlooked other areas to post in, and seek your respect and admiration as we attempt to build a subforum specific to toy-grade models.

Thank you,
Don Hansen
Old 04-11-2009, 03:26 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: New Bright/Toy-grade RC Models

Don,
Thanks for bringing this up to our attention. RCU definitely wants to help serve all in this great hobby of ours. This issue will need to be addressed by our owner and/or administrator. I'll send a message to both of them to bring their attention to you post here, you sould hear something today or tomorrow from them. I know that our owner is traveling today so it may be later on today or tomorrow before you hear from him.

Ken
Old 04-11-2009, 03:28 PM
KE4QPF

Ken:

Thank you for your quick response. We greatly appreciate your attention to this matter. Should you need someone to be a moderator for the new subdivision, I would be more than happy.

-Don
Old 04-11-2009, 03:32 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

thank you don for bringing this up it has been of much concern to all members involved . it would also imo be great to see you ..keep this forum under your wing so to speak as all the guys trust you and admirrie you for your work .. on these r/c .. also would like to thank the site admin for all there help in this matter . nathan ..and ken ... thanks guys ... you do a great job here ..
Old 04-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the Rock Crawler forum here on RCU not an appropriate place to discuss what you're doing with these models?
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_277/tt.htm
Old 04-11-2009, 03:35 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so would we be doing two forums then to fill the voide?

rock crawlers and another one for toy grade rc models?

we will certainly cosider a dedicated forum as long as there is some reasonable amount of activity in it or no other place where such topics might fit well.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:40 PM
KE4QPF

ORIGINAL: Nathan

Is the Rock Crawler forum here on RCU not an appropriate place to discuss what you're doing with these models?
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_277/tt.htm
Unfortunately, Natahan, due to our models being toy-grade mods and not true hobby-grade models, they don't exactly fit in there. True, some are rockcrawlers, but many are monster trucks, buggies, etc. On the competiton field, they don't hold a candle in the wind to true hobby-grade models. We are already beginning to feel chastized by other forum members for posting outside of this area, but when we have posted in this area before, we were also chastized for bringing down the quality of those subforums with our toy-grade models (they've actually used other words your sware filter would most certainly asterisk out totally.) Our intentions are not to ruffle feathers of well established subforums by bringing into them models which many have considered inferior to hobby-grade models. I'm sure there's a much better way to handle the sub-$100 market than grouping us together with the super-$500 market RCs.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:43 PM
mvigod
Banned

I have recommended to nathan that we try this and start a dedicated toy grade rc model forumhere and see how it goes
Old 04-11-2009, 03:43 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

sorry yess you have a valid point there don . i was not think in specifics .. sorry guys .
Old 04-11-2009, 03:46 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

nathan thanks and sorry for this exstra work for you guys . we will make it worth your while i promise .
Old 04-11-2009, 03:51 PM
KE4QPF

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

I have recommended to nathan that we try this and start a dedicated toy grade rc model forumhere and see how it goes
I think this would be the best for all parties involved. The last thing we want to do is start shouting matches in the already established subforums over whether or not "we belong there." My local hobby shop is starting to stock more and more of these cheaper models as they'll move, but the more expensive products are collecting dust in the back room. Let's be realistic and find out how many people actaully have taken a shining to these toy-grade builds for the sake of keeping the argument off of the established subforums. The resistance to our posting all over is that these are not hobby-grade and devalue subforums that primarily are. Those who are looking for toy-grade models will have to hunt them down rather than finding them grouped together nicely as has been done for the hobby-grade models. I really think there is a good argument for this going through.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:59 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

i agree don 100% . ken and nathan thanks for your paitance on this matter for so long now we had our own dedicated forum a little place of cyber space to call home that has now been taken away from us were left with nothing to call our own . and it is a great pitty for these guys love r/c so much but we are not in the clodbuster or ax10 leauge .. if you understand . ..but still love to work on these models some might say there rubbish and often have .. but we think no less of them for this ..we understand there thougts but for us who are on a very tight budget it is our only way into r/c thanks guys ..
Old 04-11-2009, 04:18 PM
KE4QPF

Hey, Nat. We'll need to get a few people together to help moderate the new site, if we get one. Are you game?
Old 04-11-2009, 04:23 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: KE4QPF

Hey, Nat. We'll need to get a few people together to help moderate the new site, if we get one. Are you game?
Starting off the moderation will be provided by the existing RCU Moderators.

Ken
Old 04-11-2009, 04:29 PM
KE4QPF

Thanks for the clarification, Ken. We just want to make sure we have things covered in the event we get questioned about it later.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:35 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

thanks don i think ken and nathan have it coverd for now ..
Old 04-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Sunfirefoot
My Feedback: (30)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm totally with these guys, please consider this seriously.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:29 PM
cobra69

Count me IN...I would enjoy a "toy rc" forum [8D][8D]
Old 04-12-2009, 03:01 AM
adrians3109

I'm with you as well on this guys
Old 04-12-2009, 03:51 AM
yaleforscale
Banned

thanks guys for the input .. here is a screen shot of the old forum provided buy texx . .. i think it says it all........
Old 04-12-2009, 11:53 AM
mvigod
Banned

Would one toy grade model forum suffice for this? Is it necessary to do "New Bright" or can we just have the Toy Grade forum and for posts having to do with New Bright the poster can note that in the thread title.

also I will be working on thread category tags so you can apply tags to threads which will be contextual in each forum
Old 04-12-2009, 02:22 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

Would one toy grade model forum suffice for this? Is it necessary to do "New Bright" or can we just have the Toy Grade forum and for posts having to do with New Bright the poster can note that in the thread title.

also I will be working on thread category tags so you can apply tags to threads which will be contextual in each forum
hi nathan yes sorry one would be great and as you say we could add threads for other models . thanks nathan .
Old 04-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Creepy Crawler

This sounds great! Count me in. Thanks Nathan and Ken for all the help, hard work and understanding!
Old 04-12-2009, 03:25 PM
mvigod
Banned

Nathan should have this up shortly
Old 04-12-2009, 04:04 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

Nathan should have this up shortly
guys i can not thank you enough ..my vote is for r/c universe ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.