Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

brake system for baja 5b ss

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 03:46 PM
junior driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake system for baja 5b ss

I want to get a set of brake disk for my Baja 5b ss of front wheel . Do I have to install another servo for front wheel brake system ? which brake system is good out there ?
Old 08-19-2009, 05:06 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: brake system for baja 5b ss

I just looked and no I do not think you will need another servo but even with or with out front brakes you need a good high torque servo. Are you having problems with your rear brakes?
Old 08-19-2009, 05:20 PM
46u

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...t.A/id.2856/.f
http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...t.A/id.4613/.f
Old 08-19-2009, 07:19 PM
junior driver

ORIGINAL: 46u

I just looked and no I do not think you will need another servo but even with or with out front brakes you need a good high torque servo. Are you having problems with your rear brakes?

My baja always skid when I stop the truck. thank your your information. it is very informative
Old 08-20-2009, 02:37 AM
TCB 81

ORIGINAL: junior driver

I want to get a set of brake disk for my Baja 5b ss of front wheel . Do I have to install another servo for front wheel brake system ? which brake system is good out there ?
i went with these they aren't real expensive and made by a good company Ive always liked integy check them out...[link]http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXUUW3&P=SM[/link]
Old 08-20-2009, 07:23 AM
junior driver

ORIGINAL: TCB 81

ORIGINAL: junior driver

i went with these they aren't real expensive and made by a good company Ive always liked integy check them out...[link]http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXUUW3&P=SM[/link]
I am also thinking about integy. it is less expensive. one thing I concern about is the black metal post keep rubbing the hole . will the hole be getting bigger and bigger being rubbed by the black metal post ?
Old 08-20-2009, 08:04 AM
DarkFire989

There was a thead on the baja forum that told you how to get the perfect set up with the integy brakes.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:31 PM
46u

From experience I will not run anything Integy. You get what you pay for. After getting the Integy and making all the modification let us know how much time, aggravation and money you have in it.
Good Luck
Old 08-20-2009, 06:23 PM
SAVAGEJIM

For the integy brakes, the triangle that holds the cables is improperly designed. Whoever designed that has no clue of 3 dim geometry and thus when you hit the brakes, that triangle piece simply torques over without putting much tension on the 2 brake lines to actuate the fornt brakes.

To remedy this, Dont put the pull linkage on the single top hole of that triangle. Instead, put it in the middle hole to minimize the moment and thus more tension is applied to the 2 brake lines to give you that front brake stopping power you are after.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:02 PM
TCB 81

ORIGINAL: 46u

From experience I will not run anything Integy. You get what you pay for. After getting the Integy and making all the modification let us know how much time, aggravation and money you have in it.
Good Luck
i just installed my integy front brake system no problems no mods and only cost 80 dollars shipped to my door .ill be posting a thread with some pics that i took during the install i think it will help people on the install as for some reason integy don't send directions on how to install but all and all its not a bad install as long as you have some skill..but I'm sure the pics I'm gonna post will help alot..
Old 08-22-2009, 07:12 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

I've had my Integy brake kit since they came out and I think they are great except for that center travel rod it is a PITA when you want to remove the radio box.. I also did not like the original wire in the cable but 5.50 bike cables from walmart and tha twas an easy fix, and now I have enough to more if the cable "would" ever break...