Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > EvoJet Direct Support
Reload this Page >

Evojet Booster 90 feedback

Community
Search
Notices
EvoJet Direct Support When you have questions and need help from the source, discuss the EvoJet here.

Evojet Booster 90 feedback

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 06:29 AM
extra 300
My Feedback: (3)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Evojet Booster 90 feedback

Hello,

Very interested to buy this turbine, but hearing some contradictory feedback but nothing specific. Would appreciate to receive reports from actual owners.

Thanks. Regards,
Old 11-26-2009, 10:46 AM
SinCityJets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Evojet Booster 90 feedback

What contradictory feedback have you heard? There are three currently in operation in the U.S., and two are owned by team members. One took the place of a p70, and the other took the place of a behotec J66. Buck and Dave would better be able to comment, but all flight reports I received were the engines were stronger, more reliable starts, with a much faster spool up time.

Is there somthing specific you would like addressed?

Chad
Old 11-27-2009, 02:32 PM
extra 300
My Feedback: (3)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Feedback received was not from US customers but as already advised there was no specific problem reported but understood that turbine had to be returned to manufacturer. Please don't get me wrong, i am perfectly convinced with the simplicity of this turbine as i have gone through its manual and its specifications suits exactly the application i intend to use turbine for, but i am just doing my due diligence before placing my investment and beleive this is quite normal to ask for user's experience and feedback on all aspects of this turbine.

Best regards,
Old 11-27-2009, 02:37 PM
SinCityJets

I agree completely. I just wanted to know if there was a specific problem you were asking about. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Chad
Old 11-28-2009, 02:36 AM
InboundLZ
My Feedback: (10)

Hello, allow me to offer my experiences....

The 90 replaced a Behotec J66 in our Élan. This single action made the Élan a completely new airplane. Not only was she lighter she had improved vertical and top speed as well as a super fast spool time made the Élan a very fun aircraft. Starts are simple and easy. Spool time is instant. Installation was easy and straight forward.

We have a lot of time operating this engine do feel free to ask any questions that might help you make your decision.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:44 AM
SAAB 78

Hello,
Evojet boosters are not new engines! They are the ultimate evolution of engine made for Graupner for many years now. But now Evojet (Orbit company) can sell these engine directly, without the Graupner sticker. So, Booster engines are very popular in Europe while these engine are quite expensive. So, if so much European pilots have chosen these engine while we have JetCat or AMT engine for the same price, don’t you think it is because these engine are extremely reliable?
Just go to European jet forum and you will see that the feedback from booster engine is clearly the best.
From my experience, I use a lot my G-Booster 80 (same as Booster 90 but with 2 fuel lines) and I am happy, even with 35°C in summer or 5°C in winter. Just in winter, keep the Lipo battery in a warm place to start successfully. But that is the problem with Lipo chemistry, nothing about the engine!
You can buy the USB cable to replace the EDT (very low price, 29€!). So, with a small laptop, on the ground you have a very friendly interface with all engine parameters and you can have a graph and save all the data. This is excellent to survey the engine health. Just download freely the engine interface software and install it. Just try! [link=http://s42221013.einsundeinsshop.de/sess/utn;jsessionid=154b127961ba0ba/shopdata/custom_pages/Software/JetLog_Setup.exe]jet Log[/link]

About the power, my gripen is 13Kg ready to take-off and fly very well with the small Booster 90 set to 163.000 rpm, so it is not even the maximum (max 165.000)!
Here the video of the maiden, engine set to only 160.000 rpm… around 80N only!
About the trottle response?Ah! Just have a look on the video! As you can see on the first approach, I was to fast... [X(] Engine at iddle... But it was easy and fast to go up again!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIoUvf_z-og&feature=channel[/youtube]
Regards,
Frank
Old 12-10-2009, 10:07 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Who does the service in the US? Or does the engine need to be shipped to Europe for service?
This is my #1 concern right now. Shipping to Europe is not cheap.

Thanks,

David
Old 12-10-2009, 11:00 PM
SinCityJets

David,

Thanks for your inquiry. The 25 hour service is done here in the U.S. It is a flat rate fee of $250. The 50 hour service is performed in Germany, however it is also only a flat rate fee of $250, and this includes the return shipping. You are only responsible for the shipping to Germany, which can be done for less than $100. Even at $350 total (barring any FOD or crash damage), that is about the least expensive European service on the market.

Combine that with a 5 year warranty and you'll have an engine that will provide years of reliable service.

Chad
Old 12-10-2009, 11:31 PM
SinCityJets

Sorry, duplicate..... dang iPhone.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:45 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: SinCityJets

David,

Thanks for your inquiry. The 25 hour service is done here in the U.S. It is a flat rate fee of $250. The 50 hour service is performed in Germany, however it is also only a flat rate fee of $250, and this includes the return shipping. You are only responsible for the shipping to Germany, which can be done for less than $100. Even at $350 total (barring any FOD or crash damage), that is about the least expensive European service on the market.

Combine that with a 5 year warranty and you'll have an engine that will provide years of reliable service.

Chad
Ok thanks. I'm not worried about the schedueled service at all. I'm lucky if I can place 25 hours on it before my son (now 14 months old) goes to college. My main concern was the "unscheduled" type.

Thanks for your prompt response.

David
Old 12-16-2009, 06:04 PM
rcjet lynch

Well today we flew the B90 on a Bobcat, all I can say is the performance of this little engine is mind blowing. The quick starting to total reliability is what every modeler would want to have in there aircraft. I can not wait to get my Viperjet with its evo 160 flying. A big thanks to evoJet for desinging a great turbine with easy to use features.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:16 PM
InboundLZ

CAN NOT WAIT to get our Bandit going with the Booster 90! Light weight and excellent push should make the Bandit our best plane yet!

Congrats on a stressful day Rob!
Old 12-16-2009, 06:19 PM
rcjet lynch

Hi Dave
Got your email the other day, going to send out the tailpipe tommorrow.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Xwingnut
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: extra 300
Hello,

Very interested to buy this turbine, but hearing some contradictory feedback but nothing specific. Would appreciate to receive reports from actual owners.

Thanks. Regards,
Have a liitle over an hour logged in the air with my Booster 90 and each time I fly it I just become more pleased. Originally called my favorite supplier with intentions of buying another brand. So appreciative he talked me into the Booster instead. By the time Kero-Start, ECU Upgrade for A123's was added to the other brand their price was over the Booster price and the Booster includes all that. The install was so easy and took little effort to achieve that "tidy look".

Due to the fact the KeroStart is internal there is no huge plug sticking out to get the the way. The igniter is 12V and not 6V. That keeps the mAh usage from the ECU Batt very low. A complete 8-minute cycle uses about 200mAh so there's no need for a huge 5400mAh DuraLite. The ECU can even be powered with a light weight 3S 11.1V LiPo and not many brands allow that. If you want/need some heavy Batts for ballast you can run a 4S1P 2300mAh A123 and have the ability to charge at 10Amps. The KeroStart is so smooth and reliable. It hasn't skipped a beat.

The jet is very close to 28Lbs take-off weight and the Booster 90 has no problem sending it vertical for as long as I want it to. The throttle response is the fastest I've seen yet and the transistion from low to high rpms is smooth and eventless. I really like the fixed $250 price for the 25hr service and I know you are not in the USA so this doesn't help you but it is a big plus that I can get service Stateside.

To sum up the thought on how much I like it? I'm saving for a Booster 130 w/additional install kit and will sell off my other turbine brands.

Happy flyin',
Xwing

Old 02-25-2010, 12:56 PM
InboundLZ

Xwing,

Great report! Not that I am surprised [8D]....

Wishing you many flawless flights on your Booster....
Old 02-25-2010, 01:06 PM
Xwingnut
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: InboundLZ Not that I am surprised [8D]....
I am surprised...........and happily so!! I would think any pilot that gets their hands on a Booster for the first time will be just as happily surprised. It's well worth the investment!

Xwing

Old 02-25-2010, 01:21 PM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

great report amigo[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]

i think i'm close to 8 hours on mine now. great little motor for sure. i can hardly wait for their bigger brothers when they get off the test benches.

cheers
buck
Old 03-16-2010, 10:02 PM
The Great Squintini

I've been looking for another 19lb class engine to put in an 1/8 F-16. I have a Rabbit and was thinking about another but I'd like some input here and might give the 90 a try. My question is: as far as power is concerned, How do the Rabbit and the 90 compare? I know they are both 19lb class turbines but I know the Rabbit delivers more than 19lbs. Looking forward to hearing from someone who has had them both for an accurate answer. Need to know fast, I'm getting an itchy trigger finger.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:53 PM
SinCityJets

Squint,

The evoJet engines have the highest quality electronics and manufacturing materials in the industry. The 90's have just undergone a new update to help suppress the sound as well as adding even more power. They are more powerful, lighter, and more reliable than any other engine in its class. They also offer the cleanest install of any engine on the market.

Everyone thinks their engine is the best, the evoJet delivers. Get an evoJet and you'll see for yourself why they are superior in every way.

Chad
Old 03-16-2010, 11:54 PM
The Great Squintini

Chad,

Thanks for the quick response. Due to your input along with others, I do believe it's time to throw down some greenbacks!!!!! I do like the stateside service and the flat fee for 25hr. How long do you think it will be before a complete service will be offered in the states...... It takes me about 7mts to fly off 25hrs and I'm getting tired of the 3+ week turnarounds. I'm still waiting on my other 19lb turbine in a 25hr after 3 weeks and still dont know when I'll get it and they are no where near as far as germany. Just starting to get frustrated
Old 03-17-2010, 12:07 AM
SinCityJets

Squint,

We plan to have a full-service center here in the U.S. by years end. That will only become crucial for you at your 50 hour service. Even without a full center here in the U.S., the service price is the same and the factory is focused on a 2 week turn-around.

Unfortunately, your complaints about service turn-around time are not uncommon, and are one of the biggest reason people have been switching from ALL types of brands. You will not be unhappy with your new evoJet Booster turbine.

Feel free to call me anytime with any other questions.

Chad
Old 03-17-2010, 02:55 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Chad

Been keeping a close eye on the Booster 90, as you know my problem was the sound of the EvoJet, you said in the above post that this has been addressed, can you give us a little more detail on what has been done, both on the noise issue and any other updates that have been carried out? and is the updated version available?

Mike
Old 03-17-2010, 11:23 AM
InboundLZ

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

Chad

Been keeping a close eye on the Booster 90, as you know my problem was the sound of the EvoJet, you said in the above post that this has been addressed, can you give us a little more detail on what has been done, both on the noise issue and any other updates that have been carried out? and is the updated version available?

Mike
I have one of the newest 90's with the new inner tail cone, I will be running it very soon, maybe as early as tonight....will let you know the results.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:38 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dave

Look forward to that, perhaps a comparison between the two?

Mike
Old 03-17-2010, 01:54 PM
SinCityJets

Dave - Thanks for fielding Mike's question.

Mike, the report from the factory is that the new inner tail cone offers a significant decrease in dB, while offering a measurable increase in performance and thrust. Win - win. I am waiting to see (hear) the difference myself, with my own ears and scale, to see just how different the sound is.

Chad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.