Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drag Racing
Reload this Page >

4link set up for live rear end .1/10 st VIDEO

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

4link set up for live rear end .1/10 st VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 09:34 PM
uhoo_01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4link set up for live rear end .1/10 st VIDEO

hi all , just wondering if any body in the drag racing rc scene has done a 1/8 or 1/10 4 link rear end using a live diff like out of a rockcrawler . like a mini ford 9" 4 link set up like a real drag car. the reason im asking is because im building one for my 1/10 st and wanna no if any body has done it , i no its not a performance mod at all just more realistic.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:48 PM
maggio

Default RE: 4link set up for live rear end .1/10 st VIDEO

I think i heard some people talking about team walbern having a 4link set up.. But im not 100% sure cause I have not seen one for myself
Old 03-04-2010, 03:23 AM
uhoo_01

well started my 4link project , half way through just waiting for my uni drive shaft , but yeah im getting there

Old 03-04-2010, 03:27 AM
uhoo_01

gunna run the four bars to the side of the alloy block and run a panhard bar as well . been talking to my dad about 4link drag set ups and he said that i need to run the bars as straight as possible which mean i might need to extend the alloy block lower past the chassi plate , but for now il just mount them on a lil angle up n see how it works.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:29 AM
uhoo_01

project : street and strip .
finally got my tail shaft ( axial alloy uni shaft ) so i sloted every thing and sorta mounted it all. its nearly done just set up all the four link and wats link . as ya can see got rid of the big bulky shocks and put my piggy backs back on the front looks heaps better . ran in to a lil problem , the the tail shaft ends need a 5mm imput shaft and the wheely king diff is 6mm dia so just had to mill out the end of the uni but its all good . the thing looks like a sorta nascar now .
the motors not in the pics now because the axial 28 is in another state getting a stage4 mod form Massive Mods , should be a animal when it get back .

Old 03-15-2010, 01:49 AM
uhoo_01

ok im 99% done :P , alloy diff hangers finally came and i fitted them today . also got all my brake linkages all done , bit of a major stuff around becauase 1/8th buggies have the sevos pulling the op way to what i have so i need to do a L linkage but hey its all sorted .
motor arrived from massive mods after its stage 4 modding . after getting it all on i ran it just on a stand and OMG its 3 times more snappy'er than a stock axial hahahah iv never had a modded engine befor . drove it a round a lil to run every thing in and the power is so full on the stock open diff just single spins and the car goes no where lol . thos road hawg tyres are not grippy enuff they are kinda a waste of time they just look good thats about it . plus the shocks in the back are way to stiff it does not squat at all ,so its not helping . iv bought a SPOOL for the diff but im thinking i might just use thick diff oil first to lock it up a lil more to get so traction.

one thing i need to do next is just ajust all the 4 bar set up so its all perfectly even its binding a lil at the moment but it just needs ajusting , it will all be gravy soon:P cant wait .

Old 03-15-2010, 09:33 AM
ahr43

Nice. Very nice. Anxious to read your performance results.

There was talk of doing a 4-link some time ago by a bloke named "Griz". He ran a nitro TF and wanted to try a 4-link. He since got heavy into rc racing photograpy and imaging, so never got to it.

Are you anywhere near the QMDRA gang? They rc drag race out of Brisbane, Queensland. Great group of guys. Two of them came over to run Extreme Class at the 2009 Worlds in San Antonio. Real innovators they are. All of them. Fast too. PM me for a link if you want to hook up with them.

We've been getting a lot of what I call "arm-drop" cars show up at our GCRCDR races here in Houston. Parking lot terrors they are. Getting so there is as much action off-track as there is on-track. Thinking that's where your car would fit in the way its' set up now.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:29 AM
uhoo_01

coool man , well i dont no the drag guys in qld's im from melb , sort of just did the convertion for a laugh and see if i could do it .
took it out today just in my dads factory with a concret floor and because of the open diff it just did not even drive lol just spinned and reved out . so i bit the bulit and put a spool in it and changed to sum different tyres i had kicking around . on the floor its just a drift pig , it tries to SQUAT then just spins and the motor is so strong . cant wait till tomo im gunna take it to a car park and it should hook up and MOVE lol its gunn ahammer.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:15 PM
uhoo_01

ok party people finaly got time to vid this weapon. sorry but its not edited at all i dont have the softwear for mp4 files which sucks oh well .

took it out today for a great run it didnt stop at all and nothing BROKE , which is amazing for a custom cars first outing . at the moment it neads a hell of alot of R n D work lol its not setup very good at all . it just wheel spins hahah even with the grippy traxxas tyres . when it try's to SQUAT its not set up yet very good, it launch's side ways and hikes up one wheel and torque steers like a **** . like a badlly set up real street drag car lol . it also need less gearing , its got to much down low and need sum more speed , cos geared right it will hammmmmer. iv just running a bashed up old body i had lying around so it looks abit funky . il try and get a better vid when i get sum help , i think this vid is good for being by my self .

enjoy tell me what ya think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8y_j5Qn_S4

also thos high speed runs are half throttle , full throttle it just spins out
Old 03-22-2010, 09:27 PM
vpower

any way you could help me out make my tornado bb .21 motor proof? because at the slightest performance increase parts just start bending and breaking[&o]

thanks in advance ooh and nice build[8D]
Old 03-23-2010, 07:01 PM
uhoo_01

thats the problem i had , when i put the bb in and went form .18 to .28 size . every thing just started to break . i started by only making it 2wd which helped a lil beacuase i was smashing front driv shafts . then id only get about 2 tanks befor id break rear tail shaft and strip rear diffs. i just got sick of it so i put it on my shelf for nearlly a year . then saw that the wheelyking diff looked cool as , and thought why dont i make a 4link set up like drag cars have . (1/1 drag cars) . then i stated my build .and there it is . all i can say is the cheap cars are great with stock power but once ya start going bigger its just use less.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:22 PM
vpower

cool... i think ill just stick a high rpm .16 in my car and lighten up the wieght a-bit(or brushless conversion)
Old 06-06-2010, 10:57 AM
AlienModified
My Feedback: (1)

I gotta know, what axle is that, and what brackets are you using to make the 4-link. I'm getting ready to make a dirt modified, and that's what I need to get started. I have a friend that build 1:1 dirt mods, and he's going to give me the plans to make a full tube chassis down to scale. PM me with the info please.