New .90 gas engine (15cc)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 07:35 PM
mpascual
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New .90 gas engine (15cc)

A new and small gas engine will come soon : The J-15G
.90 cu. in. with front walbro carb and Rcexl ignition ....

nice ....[8D]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97386.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1404266  
Old 03-24-2010, 08:05 PM
jimmyjames213
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: New .90 gas engine (15cc)

ORIGINAL: mpascual

nice ....[8D]

website/specs/anything?
Old 03-24-2010, 09:23 PM
BadAzzMaxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bushing on crank or needle bearings. ????
Old 03-25-2010, 05:40 PM
WCB

Looks like another glow engine conversion.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:45 PM
mpascual

Maybe it looks like a glow conversion, but if you look at head on left side , you can see J15G .( GAS)
Do you believe this is a gas engine if you see the exploded view with spark plug and CDI ignition on the spare parts list ?
Have you seen recently many glow engines with a Walbro carb ?

Regards

Name:	Gd93887.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	1404775  
Old 03-25-2010, 05:46 PM
BadAzzMaxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: BadAzzMaxx

Bushing on crank or needle bearings. ????

Ask again
Old 03-25-2010, 09:11 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Nothing new under the sun...We have been converting glow engines to gas for at least 20 years..Bill at C&H did it before that...
One of my first was a Super Tigre 2500 using an old Modelectric 3 volt spark coil from a 1960s free flight engine..The coil was in the center of the backplate, the circuit was on a plate inside the mount...Used a hand wound toroid coil..Mechanical spark advance linked to the carb..It's still around in Phoenix somewhere...Walbro carb from a G23...Champion spark plug...It ran fine until the owner started experimenting with less oil in the fuel...The rod froze to the crankpin..We replaced the rod and cleaned up the crank...It still runs...
Look at the BME engines web site....SuperTigre 90s with needle bearing rods and Zama gasser carbs...
Old 03-25-2010, 11:22 PM
aussiesteve

I can provide a little information on it
When I was in china earlier this year(February), the rep for the company that manufactures these showed me an early version of this one as well as a much larger displacement that is yet to be announced by them. (The same company also manufactures a couple of other brands of glow and gas engines one of which is very reverred in thes pages from time to time. My association with them is through airframes as well as flying buddies from when I lived there. ).

The simplest way to describe it is a "Manufacturers conversion" not unlike the BME / Supertigre conversion unit (Which is a great little engine).

Through my translator, I asked the rep if it has roller bearings - he said it has. (This means it is possible that it has got them). It looked like quite a nice little engine (I didnt see the interior of it) and knowing the manufacturer they will get it right for the economical market. They have learnt before why not to cut corners (on another brand that bit them badly). The finish seemed pretty good, it turned over smoothly and my "gut feel" was that it is very much going to be a contender in this new small enigne class that people are seeking nowadays.

I havent heard it run (I was showed it at my hotel there - not a good place to run them but he was prepared to run it for me) and I havent seen it in a plane. But I suspect it is going to be a pretty good match for the other brand of 15cc that recently got released to the market.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:22 PM
mpascual

ORIGINAL: Antique

Nothing new under the sun...We have been converting glow engines to gas for at least 20 years..Bill at C&H did it before that...
One of my first was a Super Tigre 2500 using an old Modelectric 3 volt spark coil from a 1960s free flight engine..The coil was in the center of the backplate, the circuit was on a plate inside the mount...Used a hand wound toroid coil..Mechanical spark advance linked to the carb..It's still around in Phoenix somewhere...Walbro carb from a G23...Champion spark plug...It ran fine until the owner started experimenting with less oil in the fuel...The rod froze to the crankpin..We replaced the rod and cleaned up the crank...It still runs...
Look at the BME engines web site....SuperTigre 90s with needle bearing rods and Zama gasser carbs...
This model engine IS new. You cannot buy one of this brand on your local hobby shop until released . When a new engine XX of brand YY is released, most of times is nothing new under the sun.
Does your sentence means nobody can offer a new 55cc gas engine 2 Stroke with reed valve / rear induction and CDI ignitioon because there are many similar engines ?.
As engines fan (addicted) , i'm interested in all new models, although similar to others (99% of the times).

Evolution 26cc gas engines are a conversion of MVVS glow engines ? who cares [8D]

Regards
Old 03-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Antique

Nope..I meant that ALMOST anything you can do has already been done before...With varying degrees of success....
Your new engine looks good, if it has a good roller bearing big end on the con rod it should do well..
If not someone will try to run one with 1001 Amsoil...Probably freeze up the big end before the first tank of fuel has been used....[&o]
Old 03-26-2010, 02:39 PM
mpascual

Nope..I meant that ALMOST anything you can do has already been done before...With varying degrees of success....
Your new engine looks good, if it has a good roller bearing big end on the con rod it should do well..
If not someone will try to run one with 1001 Amsoil...Probably freeze up the big end before the first tank of fuel has been used....[&o]
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately , Is not my engine. [8D]
About big end bearing , i agree with you if you burn 100 to 1 oil fuel. Maybe owners must read the instruction manual and make fuel-il mix as recommended if they want to get warranty support.
Saito FG36 does not have a roller bearing on big end, only a bushing, and NONE (plain alum) one the other side of con-rod.
I've tested a 1.40 glow size conversion to gas of this manufacturer with bushing (but also with the best oiling system i've seen on glow engines) and the oil ratio can be lowered to similar values of 'pure gas' engines with needle bearing on con-rod.

Regards
Old 03-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Antique

From the website...
Saito has developed a special alloy for the con rod, no bushing on either end...
You MUST run 20-1 oil mixture to prevent failure..
K&B made some engines with no bushings anywhere, just a special alloy..Ran like crap unless the oil content was high, like in Fox fuel....
Old 03-26-2010, 03:20 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice ....[8D]

It resembles a Sanye made Evolution engine with the upswept fins on the bypass side of the cylinder. It's not a bad looking engine at all.

Any idea as to whether the engine utilizes needle bearings on the connecting rod ends? Projected street price?

Thanks for giving us a preview of this new engine.

Ed Cregger
Old 03-26-2010, 08:33 PM
WCB

Maybe it looks like a glow conversion, but if you look at head on left side , you can see J15G .( GAS)
Do you believe this is a gas engine if you see the exploded view with spark plug and CDI ignition on the spare parts list ?

Regards
Dude...I know it is a gas engine. That's not what I was talking about. I meant it looks like a glow engine converted to gas. That has been done 100 times already. Not breaking any new ground here.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:27 AM
SkyPilot101

Instead of "Is it a" or "Does it have" how about "What is the price"
Old 03-27-2010, 06:33 AM
mpascual

ORIGINAL: WCB

Regards
Dude...I know it is a gas engine. That's not what I was talking about. I meant it looks like a glow engine converted to gas. That has been done 100 times already. Not breaking any new ground here.
Do you mean that any new model engine that looks another model engine is not interesting because has been done 1000 times already ?
I know how this engine has been developped, and i think is very interesting way to offer small gas engines. Performance, reliability and market will do the rest, not their look or how many conversions has been done already. That's the key.

Regards
Old 03-27-2010, 12:53 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Looks like a very promising prospect, and I sure hope it's price does not defeat it from having a successful entry into the gas ranks.

Karol
Old 03-27-2010, 01:02 PM
BTerry
My Feedback: (8)

True, nothing is "new" **.

However borrowing glow technology and converting to gas (with needle bearings on the con rod) will likely give a boost of power over the current crop of "purpose-built" gas engines. IIRC the BME 90 (Supertigre .90 conversion) will turn the same prop about 300-500 rpm more than the "new" RCGF 15cc engines.

** The 1932 Deusenberg SSJ had a supercharged, 32-valve, 420 cubic inch straight 8 that made 420 hp. How many years passed between 1932 until the next quad valve, supercharged, 8 cylinder engine that made one hp per cubic inch? I don't remember exactly, but suffice to say it was many decades.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:40 PM
mpascual

From the website...
Saito has developed a special alloy for the con rod, no bushing on either end...
You MUST run 20-1 oil mixture to prevent failure..
K&B made some engines with no bushings anywhere, just a special alloy..Ran like crap unless the oil content was high, like in Fox fuel....
Are you saying Saito gas engines does not have bushing on big end of con-rod ? [&o]
Iternet is very useful, but in most cases experience is better. I'm servicing Saito in my country. This week i've received two FG36 to repair. Saito GAS engines HAVE a bushing on big end of con-rod. See attached picture (taken today) of a FG36. The first Saito with bushing i've received to repair was on april 2008 ,also a FG36.
I don't want to start a battle here. I've simply posted a picture and some info of a new model engine. Some people is talking about this engine with ONLY ONE PICTURE. I will think about .........

Regards

Name:	Mk25849.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	1405859  
Old 03-27-2010, 03:52 PM
mpascual

ORIGINAL: SkyPilot101

Instead of ''Is it a'' or ''Does it have'' how about ''What is the price''
I'm not the manufacturer but take the price of a similar glow engine and add the ignition , spark plug and a walbro carb.

Regards
Old 03-27-2010, 05:43 PM
WCB

Why would you start a thread introducing a new engine that you know absolutely nothing about?
Old 03-27-2010, 05:50 PM
BTerry
My Feedback: (8)

Why would you start a thread introducing a new engine that you know absolutely nothing about?
He knew more about this particular engine than anybody else (with the exception of aussiesteve who has also seen one in person).

What is wrong with that?
Old 03-27-2010, 06:15 PM
mpascual

I know about this engine , for example , much more than you, and you're posting in this thread.
I must wait until factory release the engine , a few weeks, but on some European hobby shop is now announced for april-may. About price, i know how much will cost at factory but i don't want to post here. The retail price only concerns to hobby shops.
About engine and performance , i know the rpm numbers, bore, stroke, displacement in cc, weight with muffler and CDI, without, rpm range, rpm with 13x8 nylon prop, oil ratio suggested, timing angle of ignition (more than 28 degrees), the complete spare parts list and i'm making the user manual. ( absolutely nothing about ? )
I'm reading this post again and you've no asked anything about engine, only this question. I will answer you:
I've started this thread to show modellers a new engine, not produced yet, and i think, is a wish for many modellers to replace current glow engines.
What's the problem ?
Regards

Old 03-27-2010, 08:14 PM
Antique

The website with the Saito instructions specifically says the con rodis made from a special alloy and has NO bushing on either end...
Click on the parts list, PDF page 12...Look under conrod, a whole paragraph...And the reason for 20-1 oil in the fuel....
Old 03-27-2010, 08:23 PM
WCB

OK good luck with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.