• Sold

• Price
    $20
    • OBO
  • Location The Villages, FL, USA
  • Condition Used
  • Model 5000MAh Lipo batteries
Description:

I have for sale four (4) Lipo batteries 5000MAh, 45C, 5S. $20 each, $75 for all four. Was selling for a friend but I agree - they are trash and dangerous. Thanks. for the heads up - I wasn't paying attention when my friend gave me the pictures. Will mark the listing as sold.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:48 PM
scottkieper
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

batteries all look like they are junk all full off gas
Old 05-21-2019, 05:54 AM
AAbdu
My Feedback: (18)

It's terrifying how puffed those are!!!

If I hear about a plane, train, or UPS truck bursting into flames it will probably be because those batteries vented and went nuclear.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:15 PM
mr.snaproll
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take this add down!!! Someone might be dumb enough to buy them.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:15 PM
mitch767
My Feedback: (15)

Concur - thought my vision was going bad or I was seeing a reflection! Anyway, Lowes or Home Depot can safely dispose of those for you.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:09 PM
AAbdu

Selling these presents a risk to everyone in the hobby. They look like they could go at any minute, If you don't believe me, google LiPo fire. I wouldn't even want these sitting in my garage. You clearly have no idea how dangerous these are!!!

Having these vent and start a fire, and god forbid, kill someone or a kid... That is bad press we definitely DON'T need. I'm ALMOST ready to pay you for them just so you can dispose of them properly, they are that dangerous! There is no way in the world getting $75 dollars is worth the potential damage these batteries can cause.

Please be smart and dispose of these tired, worn out, most likely abused, fire hazards safely and responsibly.

Normally I would stay our of someone's business on here, but seeing this listing and knowing the destructive power of these batteries makes it my business as well as the business of every other responsible hobbyist out there.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:12 PM
AAbdu

I'm going to have nightmares about these sitting in your house.

Take a 5 gallon bucket and fill it about half way with water. Add a bunch of salt to ionize the water, and drop these batteries in the briny bath. Let them sit for about a week to ten days before you even touch them. They will discharge to zero and be safe to store, handle, or dispose of (properly).
Old 05-21-2019, 08:07 PM
ablesrc
My Feedback: (17)

Unbeliveable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????
Old 05-22-2019, 01:54 AM
dribar

April fools joke?