Notices

MK Atlas 60

Airplanes - Pattern, Kato Model Aircraft Manufacturing Co Ltd., MK Alas 60

03-24-2020, 12:12 PM | Replies: 0 | Views: 291

• Price
    $300
  • Location Woburn, MA, USA
  • Condition Used
  • Manufacturer Kato Model Aircraft Manufacturing Co Ltd.
  • Model MK Alas 60
Description:

Hi All,

I purchased this model back in the November / December timeframe from the second owner. The original owner had an incident and the wing was repaired in a few areas. After getting the model, I made a few changes which include:

1. Addition of a hardpoint for the rudder control horn.

2. Replaced the throttle, elevator, and aileron servos.

3. Installed a LiFe battery.

4. Cosmetically went over the model (it is covered in what appears to be Ultracote) and added black trim around the canopy.

5. Changed the rudder steering support column.

6. Purchased and replaced the rudder pull-pull cables.

I logged about a dozen flights on the airplane. Engine performs well and is very, very clean. Model has a fixed landing gear. Flies and tracks as you'd expect and is a neat vintage pattern airplane. Asking $300 for the airframe, Super Tiger 61 engine, Futaba servos throughout with the exception of a Hitec rudder servo, and a 2-cell LiFe battery. Price does not include a receiver.

Model is in good condition considering the age. It was built from an MK kit and the build is clean. The wings and fuselage have the normal wear from a wooden aircraft that was built in what I would estimate the 1980s timeframe. See photos (I included one that highlights a dent that can be seen, might be able to be removed with additional heat from a heat gun) and/or reach out with any questions at jglezellis@gmail.com

I would prefer to not ship the airplane but may ship via Greyhound if all costs are covered (shipping and packing material). Will drive / meet within an hour or so from Boston, MA.

Check a few of my other listings. Will discount if multiple airplanes are purchased. In short, trying to make room as I've recently purchased a few other models that are due at anytime.

Best,
John