Royal P-38 Lightning Radio Control Aircraft Kit, N.I.B. - RARE! - RCU Forums

Go Back  RCU Forums > Marketplace
Reload this Page >

Royal P-38 Lightning Radio Control Aircraft Kit, N.I.B. - RARE!

Notices

Royal P-38 Lightning Radio Control Aircraft Kit, N.I.B. - RARE!

Airplanes - Warbirds, Marutaka, P-38 Lightning

03-25-2020, 06:08 PM | Replies: 1 | Views: 227

• Price
    $650
  • Location Discovery Bay, CA, USA
  • Condition New
  • Manufacturer Marutaka
  • Model P-38 Lightning
Description:

This is the iconic Lockheed P-38 Lightning kit from Royal (Marutaka); known during WWII by the Luftwaffe as the 'Fork-Tailed Devil' and to the Japanese as the plane that shot down and killed their brilliant strategic mastermind, Admiral Yamamoto.

This very rare kit is new-in-box, complete, and untouched (no assembly). Produced by Japan's Royal Models, aka Marutaka, in the mid-1970's to early 1980's, it is now extremely rare, particularly in brand-new condition.

Like all of these beautiful kits from Royal, the P-38 is a good project for an intermediate builder. By simply building it following the plans and instruction book, you will produce a magnificent model with great scale outline and excellent flying characteristics. Nearly all of the Royal kits are superb flyers and this P-38 is no exception. While it is designed for a pair of .35-.61 2-cycle nitro engines, it is well powered with a pair of OS70FS four-strokes or equivalent, and is a great candidate for an electric conversion!

The kit includes full plans and instruction book, machined and die-cut parts, clear canopy, and hardware. It will require a 6-7 channel radio system with appropriate servos, a twin power system, and a tricycle retract system (electric retracts will be a super solution!). The finished model will span 74 "and be 50 " long.

In an era of foam ARF's, BNF's, and mindless whatever's, this P-38 will be a source of pride and satisfaction that you just can't get from foamies. It is also a major head-turner at any flying field. You can also just build it as a static display model as a tribute to this formidable fighter.

Buy it now before someone beats you to it!!!

Shipping Info: Buyer pays shipping

Will ship within the cont US, international may be possible but quite expensive. Kit ships from 94505 zip code. Kit dimensions: 42"x11"x5"; 12.5 lbs

Old 03-26-2020, 02:41 PM
Idj42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice price.