Go Back  RCU Forums > Marketplace
Reload this Page >

Veco Smoothie - 1960's Control Line Stunt Contest Model Airplane kit, N.I.B.

Notices

Veco Smoothie - 1960's Control Line Stunt Contest Model Airplane kit, N.I.B.

Old 03-26-2020, 01:17 PM
Anklebiter
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Veco Smoothie - 1960's Control Line Stunt Contest Model Airplane kit, N.I.B.

This is the iconic Smoothie, designed by prominent SoCal model designer Bob Palmer who wanted a contest level plane that would perform in windy conditions - in the 1950's!

Bob 'borrowed' the elliptical design of the Spitfire wing, and incorporated the laminar flow design of the P-51 Mustang wing. He also used the tail shape of the P-51. The result has been a wildly successful stunt model that dominated the control line stunt arena for many years.

The kit offered is original, complete, and unstarted. The plans are totally intact, although they will need to handled with reasonable care. The finished model will span 52", and have a wing area of 501 sq in. The Smoothie was originally designed for a .29-.35 2-stroke nitro motor, but today there are multiple options, that include 4-cycle nitro engines and electric power.

In an age of Fly It Right Now Foamies, this is a rare and welcome find! If you've ever wanted one of the icons of the model aircraft hobby, with such a direct link to one of our hobbies pioneers, here's your chance! Buy it now before someone beats you to it!!!

Shipping Info:

Will ship within the cont US, international may be possible but quite expensive. Kit ships from 94505 zip code. 37"x6"x3"; 4 lbs