Notices

Edwards 5.7 5 cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2020, 06:25 AM
welton1720
My Feedback: (52)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edwards 5.7 5 cylinder

I have here a rare Edwards hand built #11 5.7 CI 5 cylinder looks to have never been run, but listed as used since I cant confirm. Comes with CH ignition, rare collector ring, and mount.
I will post more detailed pics later.

Asking 3800.00 plus actual shipping costs.

Edwards Radial Aircraft Engine in His Polikarpov PO2, Early 1980s

Forest Edwards built and flew scale-model airplanes and engineered miniature engines. He won numerous awards for his scale airplanes, engines and flying skills.

In the early 1980s, Edwards designed and developed this 5-cylinder radial engine to power his 1/4-scale Fleet model airplane, based on the 1930 Fleet Biplane. He received many requests to manufacture the engine, so between 1982 and 1994, Edwards produced 30 engines. Many were installed into model airplanes and some are still being flown today.

The 5-cylinder radial burns regular gasoline, incorporates a dry-sump lubrication system and produces more than six horsepower. In his last few engines, Edwards added a centrifugal advance in the distributor, and a crankshaft-driven supercharger for maximum performance. Edwards' engines are completely machined from 7075 aircraft-grade aluminum and are perhaps the most reliable model radial engines built to date.

Last edited by welton1720; 09-18-2020 at 08:05 PM.