Notices

Skymaster/Extreme Jets A-10 Warthog

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 02:20 PM
Jonboy2
My Feedback: (62)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Skymaster/Extreme Jets A-10 Warthog

I have very reluctantly decided to sell my Skymaster/Extreme A-10 Warthog. I have done a lot of custom work and touches to make this A-10 one of the best built and detailed A-10 you will find in this size. In my opinion it is the perfect size for ease of operation, transport, and flight characteristics. Extreme ARF recommends two 60 size turbines for this bird. After scouring just about every build thread on the web, many said that it flew on 60 size turbines but could use a little more thrust. The problem was the size of the stock fuel tanks, and the short flight times with bigger turbines. I decided to install two new Kingtech K-85g2 turbines. I was able to fit an additional custom fuel tank in front of the stock tanks. You now can fly for 7-8 minutes before setting up for landing. I did not like the stock retractactable landing gear package that came with the kit so I custom fit BVM Ultra Bandit landing gear which are much stronger, look much better, and function flawlessly. I also added strut doors on the main landing gear which really look the part. ( many of these mods came from another members build thread). The main and nose landing gear box and rails were substantially beefed up internally and externally with maple and carbon fiber plate. I cut and built a hatch on the front nose of the fuse where you will find all switches, air fill valves, gauges, etc. The idea here was I wanted to include and have access to everything so I wouldn't have to remove the canopy and cockpit every flight. I custom painted the aircraft with custom mixed Rustoleum paint. Dry transfer decals were then applied and everyhing was sealed with Minwax satin Poly.
Airframe has been very tastefully weathered. I started by giving the plane a wash and then airbrushed the weathering details. I installed a Uni-light A-10 light kit which came out great. Custom made wing tip light housings. This A-10 has had two uneventful flights since finishing the build. Plenty of power with the K-85s. I am asking $9500 for this A-10. Like I said, you would be hard pressed to find another A-10 in this size that has been built and finished to this degree. I have been looking at A-10's for a long time and have not seen one like this one in this size. I have seen many very nicely built and finished larger airframes like the big Skymaster or Mibo, but nothing in this size. Selling as pick-up in the Denver, Colorado area. If buyer would like to arrange packing and shipping on their own, it will be up to the Buyer. If it comes down to it, I could possibly build a shipping crate for it if buyer pays for materials and time. The buyer then will arrange a shipper. I can help out by dropping jet at shipper. Buyer to include Paypal fees if paying through Paypal,. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Below are specs:

---Skymaster/Extreme ARF A-10 Kit. 1/7.25 scale. Length-80.3" Wingspan-87.8". Jet came out weighing 32lbs
---Two Kingtech K-85g2 bought new from Kingtech for this project. One has 79 minutes and the other has 81 minutes.
---Landing gear package from BVM Ultra Bandit. BVM retract valve. EVOJet proportional electronic brake valve
---JR 8611's and 8611a's on flight surfaces. Small hitec on rudders.
---Demon Cortex Pro gyro
---Spectrum Life and Lipo batteries. Bought new for project.
---Skymaster/Extreme turbo fan upgrade. These are a must. They spin up as the turbine increases in RPM. This jet would not be the same without them.
---Skymaster/Extreme weapon Pylons
---Uni-light A-10 lighting kit. Very nice and bright
---Just add your receiver and you are ready to fly
I just added a video clip below of the maiden. Not great quality but it's all I got of this jet. Approach and landing was a little hot. Subsequent flight much better. This jet is very easy to fly.
Old 11-06-2020, 06:53 PM
blainer48
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful plane and excellent job on the build. Did you use aluminum tape to hold the FOD screen in place? That's a great idea because the O rings never hold. Thanks in advance and good luck with the sale.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:32 AM
Jonboy2
My Feedback: (62)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, I use automotive hi-temp foil tape for the FOD screen. Works great. Those stock rubber O rings never stay put for very long.