Would like a Saito 33 R3 modified by Ray English will offer for trade a Saito 450 R3 - RCU Forums

Go Back  RCU Forums > Marketplace
Reload this Page >

Would like a Saito 33 R3 modified by Ray English will offer for trade a Saito 450 R3

Notices

Would like a Saito 33 R3 modified by Ray English will offer for trade a Saito 450 R3

Engines & Motors - Twin & Multi Engines, Saito, 33 R3

12-13-2020, 04:17 PM | Replies: 4 | Views: 802
  • Expired
  • Expired

• Price
    $0 - $1
    • Trade
  • Location North Platte, NE, USA
  • Condition Used
  • Manufacturer Saito
  • Model 33 R3
Description:

Would like a Saito 33 R3 modified by Ray English will offer for trade a Saito 450 R3 in Good Shape with Keleo exhaust ring.

Old 12-13-2020, 06:35 PM
rcnut101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito

You donít need an engine from Ray English. Just buy one and change the front hub.
Old 12-14-2020, 04:32 AM
gary3173
My Feedback: (54)

There is more to it then that, have several already, they work like clocks. The hub is different, but do you know how?
Old 12-14-2020, 06:04 PM
chwolf
My Feedback: (3)

I believe Saito sets the timing at a very aggressive 45 degrees. However, the ignition module used recommends a setting of 30 degrees. A new hub or reconditioned hub by Ray resets the magnets to a new position to acheive 30 degrees timing. Most of the Saito radials previous to the FG60RE, FG90R3 and the new FG73R5 had an intake manifold that did not distribute fuel equally primarily to stop fuel locking of the lower two cylinders. Unfortunately this resulted in unequal cylinder temperatures, (lean vs rich) a poor mid range transition and occcasionally a dead cylinder or worse a dead stick landing. Ray replaces the manifold and manifold tubes to solve this problem. Also, the FG84R3 and others also do not have bearings on the crankshaft. This can cause the engine to seize. Ray machines the crank and puts in an aircraft metal grade bearing. It's not cheep, but I have sent all my Saito radials to Ray English. Go to YouTube type in (Saito FG84R3 Ray English) and see for yourself.
Old 12-14-2020, 06:32 PM
pacoflyer
My Feedback: (23)

It's the fuel delivery mods that Ray does that make the engines run right along with the extra bearings/ lubrication modifications.