Notices

For sale or trade!! Two sig planes

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2021, 02:47 PM
Captain Gregg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For sale or trade!! Two sig planes

FOR TRADE! (or sale) Will sell each plane for $100 OBO w/engine & servos-receiver
Really need to clear out my "hangar" as I have moved to foam/electrics and these are two of my last glow planes. Make offer for one or both!

I am looking for a Top Flite Cessna 182 ARF kit - built or not)

To trade for the two planes listed here.
OR
Selling each plane, individually $100 (OBO)
Both are in need of some hangar rash repair (covering tears - see pictures)) but will include engines/electronics. Both built meticulously and have excellent flight characteristics
See pictures for all particulars

Sig Somethin' Extra
O.S. MAX .46 ( I think the AX) w/ P-BOX muffler
Receiver: Futaba FP-R127DF
Servos: 5 - Tower Hobbies TS-53

Sig Spacewalker 2
O.S. MAX .46 FXi
Receiver: Futaba FP-R127DF
Servos: 5 - Futaba S-3004
Old 03-12-2021, 07:25 AM
Captain Gregg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Except for the covering tears, the planes are in really good shape and great flyers!
I thought I had priced fair. Can anyone tell me why a lack of interest?
My last option will be to donate to a local club (I'm in Bronx NY but close to Westchester County )
as I really want them to go to a good home. and get more years of excellent flying.
I use my storage space as a workshop and have about 12 other planes hanging from walls and ceiling. It's just a bit crowded.
I just started dedicating space to my 3D printers as I am now 'printing' planes. So, if interested, please let me know

Old 03-12-2021, 08:55 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

It could be just a lack of interest in your area. Maybe it's not flying season.. or just that some of these types of glow planes aren't as popular anymore. Electrics are the craze these days. That Futaba FM Rx in the Somethin' Extra dates that plane back at least 10yrs.. although the engine is a very modern OS glow/nitro.

I couldn't find anywhere if you'd ship the planes or not, but even at that, to ship something that size can cost well more then the price of the planes to start with. Disassembly does help(remove landing gear/props/etc.. things that are easily removed)..and sometimes 2 or more boxes for parts, but it's still expensive. Therein might lie the problem of lack of interest from anyone far away, in that people are aware of shipping/logistics costs.

There's also many buy/sell groups on FaceBook you could list these, and Craigslist is another one, and RCGroups, FlyingGiants, etc.. Broaden your audience and be willing to ship or work on shipping if it's even feasible.. as I said I don't know if it's worth shipping though. I'm across the country, and I know shipping alone would cost as much or more then you want for your planes.

Also... Since you say you have a workshop, you might think about repairing these, and making them as shiny and nice as you can.. polishing/cleaning and good repair go a long way to enticing potential buyers. The Somethin'Extra already has a catchy attractive scheme, repair any damage and you just might sell it. In any case, that's my 2-cents. Good luck with them.