Notices

Tartan 44cc Super Twin Blueprinted by Bob Ousley Bench Run Only

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 11:47 AM
doclov
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tartan 44cc Super Twin Blueprinted by Bob Ousley Bench Run Only

Bought this from the original owner who competed in T.O.C. He stated he bought the engine new from Indy RC and sent it to Bob Ousley who blueprinted it for T.O. C.( has Bob's stamp on it as seen in photo) and was bench run only, never flown, and it looks it, rings are still black, pistons are shiny, very little exhaust deposits anywhere, bearings are smooth(stored with Prather after run oil) and compression is amazing. Has the correct Walbro WT 158 carb. set up for alcohol. Carb needles have flexible extensions soldered to them (easily removed) Bob Ousley mods include a custom dual reed block and mild porting. will spin a 20" X 10" prop with authority. No broken or bent fins or stripped threads, will pass for new. It is indeed the super twin with 3 port cylinders and tall fin heads . These make great power with no nitro, 92% methanol, 8% oil. Here's your chance to own a nice piece of RC history and have fun running it. USPS MO or PayPal (+3%) Shipping will be approx.
$22.00- $24.00 depending on your location.
Old 10-16-2021, 08:28 AM
elderair
My Feedback: (29)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tartan super 77

I've got one of Bob's toc tartans. Haven't ran it yet but I did just run a super 77 on 98% methanol and 8% castor yesterday on a 20x10 wood prop and it screams! Glws