Notices

Looking for a 70s vintage Mattel single channel pulse radio system $123

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2022, 09:53 AM
elderair
My Feedback: (29)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for a 70s vintage Mattel single channel pulse radio system $123

When I was 12 I bought a Mattel single channel pulse system from AHC for 19.99 and installed it into an Airtronics Q tee with a black widow engine on it. The project was far too advanced for me at the time and I never got to fly the little plane. Always wanted to go back and revisit it just to have around for sentimental reasons. If anyone has a complete system that they would consider letting loose of please contact me through pm and let me know what you have. I do have a Mattel transmitter that seems to be in good condition but at the very least would need a matching receiver and actuator. Would prefer a complete working system if possible.
Thanks.
Old 01-21-2022, 11:18 AM
Hinckley Bill
My Feedback: (569)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's a picture of what you would be searching for:

Mattel Single channel pulse system
And here's a video of it actually working:
Old 01-21-2022, 12:59 PM
elderair
My Feedback: (29)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I've seen this video before! I only have the transmitter so far. Would really like to have a functioning system as demonstrated. I believe that a company still kits the Q tee that used to be an old Airtronics kit. It is a parasol type of high wing with just stick structure in the cockpit area to raise the wing above the fuselage. Been so long now but I always remember trying to trim that plane for level flight without the engine running by hand tossing it in the hay field so it wouldn't bust apart on landing. I think I may have an actual shot at getting one flying at least once if I can gather up all the parts. Still need a black widow or other cox engine with tank as well. Let me know if you have one of these systems of know of one for sale if you don't mind. Feel free to email me at [email protected] or text at 8168087228. Thanks for the great video.
Kent