Notices

Dave Platt Zero

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 05:42 AM
Jeff Foley
My Feedback: (45)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dave Platt Zero

Finally decided to let go of this partially built model. I have had it sitting on the shelf for over ten years. The parts are all framed and many extras are included. Jack Dorman cockpit kit, with instrument panel and gunsight completed. Static prop blades, pilot figure, molded exhausts, cowl and tail cone. Pushrods run in fuselage with cylinder for tailwheel. Custom machined tailwheel and main forks. No retract units. Spinner shell only, no backplate. Plans and instruction sheet included. You will need sheeting for the wing and fuselage bottom. Also material to fabricate the ailerons and flaps.

Can not ship. Must be picked up or I will be willing to drive a reasonable distance
Old 04-06-2018, 09:37 AM
bleinmiller
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zero

Originally Posted by Jeff Foley
Finally decided to let go of this partially built model. I have had it sitting on the shelf for over ten years. The parts are all framed and many extras are included. Jack Dorman cockpit kit, with instrument panel and gunsight completed. Static prop blades, pilot figure, molded exhausts, cowl and tail cone. Pushrods run in fuselage with cylinder for tailwheel. Custom machined tailwheel and main forks. No retract units. Spinner shell only, no backplate. Plans and instruction sheet included. You will need sheeting for the wing and fuselage bottom. Also material to fabricate the ailerons and flaps.

Can not ship. Must be picked up or I will be willing to drive a reasonable distance
Hello Jeff, I can't believe this hasn't sold yet. I'd grab it, but its a 20 he round trip from Wichita KS. If you or anybody you know happens to travel this direction, within roughly 5 hours of Wichita, I'd make the drive to meet and buy it. I doubt you'll have to go to those lengths to sell it but I had to ask. Although I love to build, I know your reputation. I read RC Report and the columns by Pat and yourself were the columns I looked forward to each month. Too bad its gone, I think it was the best magazine of my generation(I'm 43). Enough babbling. Thanks for your time. Brett Leinmiller
Old 04-09-2018, 06:24 PM
Jeff Foley
My Feedback: (45)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bleinmiller
Hello Jeff, I can't believe this hasn't sold yet. I'd grab it, but its a 20 he round trip from Wichita KS. If you or anybody you know happens to travel this direction, within roughly 5 hours of Wichita, I'd make the drive to meet and buy it. I doubt you'll have to go to those lengths to sell it but I had to ask. Although I love to build, I know your reputation. I read RC Report and the columns by Pat and yourself were the columns I looked forward to each month. Too bad its gone, I think it was the best magazine of my generation(I'm 43). Enough babbling. Thanks for your time. Brett Leinmiller
Hi Brett,

Sorry for the slow reply, and thanks for the kind words. Yes, I thought it would sell quickly also....but as you mentioned, shipping is a problem. It would be very expensive and take a day to crate it up. I will probably end up keeping it.

Take care,

Jeff
Old 04-12-2018, 10:22 AM
gspannelljr
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shipping alternatives

Jeff,
I sold a Meister corsair, partially built, on this site not long ago. I too thought shipping would be too high. The buyer suggested I use bus shipping, greyhound. I don't remember what it cost, it was a pretty big box, but it was a lot cheaper than I expected. Boxing was a bear of course, I think I built a pine box out of 1/2 sq, covered it with cardboard,and used a lot of bubble wrap. Buyer said it made the trip problem free. Just a suggestion..........
Of course I too would love to buy this but 5 warbirds under construction at one time is all the wife will tolerate!