85" Big Bingo with 2.1 Moki engine

Notices

85" Big Bingo with 2.1 Moki engine

Old 02-08-2019, 07:00 PM
rustyrivet
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 85" Big Bingo with 2.1 Moki engine HOUSTON

Will also sell plane with the spinner and prop, but without the engine for $225.
Here's a plane that folks don't get see to often at the field. You gotta build this one from sticks, if you want to fly it! LOL. It took me 7.5 months and a minimum of 700 hours to complete this plane. I'm a pretty experienced builder but not such a great pilot, and so I made sure to have a very experienced RC pilot maiden this plane back in 2004, and it was flown only that one time. The pilot (who happens to be a professional airline pilot too) had a big smile on his face and said he really liked the way it flew. After spending 7.5 months building this plane I was happy to see it maiden, I then hung it up in the ceiling and it hasn't flown since. Well, I'm a lot older now and realize it's time to part with it.

The 2.1 Moki engine became frozen and varnished from none-use over the last 15 years, so I had to remove it from the fuse to clean it up and lube it. The engine and carb now crank smooth as glass and the compression is SUPER TIGHT just as it has always been! It's been a great running engine during its initial break-in as well as during its single 10 minute maiden flight with a 20"x 8 prop. Last year I removed the 3 Futaba 3305 servos to use them in a Telemaster I just built. So you will need to provide 3 servos. The only servo that is still inside this plane is for the throttle. The PILOT'S HEAD turns right and left with the rudder input. As seen in the photo, I crafted a look-alike miniature Futaba Radio panel to be the pilot's cockpit controls. LOL. I covered the plane with UltraCote. There's an aluminum wing tube for easy transport of the wing in your vehicle. The muffler has a custom machined aluminum extension block to fit the engine and clear the fuse. This Moki 2.1 engine with radial mount plate and muffler fits this plane perfectly, as I built and shaped the nose around it and the spinner to fit the contour. The tail surfaces are supported firm with 4-40 steel rod, and critical support areas are glassed, as was directed in the instructions. This plane is very sturdy and will handle windy days well. This plane is offered for pickup only. I'm located on the North side of Houston.

Last edited by rustyrivet; 02-11-2019 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:22 AM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If I was closer it would be in my hanger!

Beautiful plane beautiful build!