Bridi Super Kaos, OS FSR .61 w/Macs Pre-tuned pipe, retracts

Notices

Bridi Super Kaos, OS FSR .61 w/Macs Pre-tuned pipe, retracts

Old 05-19-2019, 07:27 PM
foolishspending
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bridi Super Kaos, OS FSR .61 w/Macs Pre-tuned pipe, retracts

Bridi Super Kaos and OS FSR .61 w/Macs Pre-tuned pipe, boxed spars and fully sheeted wings, 5 servos 4 are BB, pull-pull rudder setup, tail dragger configuration with mechanical retracts, 1 gal 5% total burned including break-in, spare engine bearings, storage/assembly cradle, original box and drawings. Advertised weight with fixed gear 6.25 lbs., 7.25 lbs. with retracts, As Built only 6 lbs. with retracts! Great flyer, very fast with gear up and sounds great on the pipe! Local sale/pickup only, shipping at your expense. $400.00obo

Last edited by foolishspending; 05-22-2019 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:31 AM
mjduet
My Feedback: (23)

Wish I were closer.

MJD
Old 05-20-2019, 12:14 PM
foolishspending

It could be about 800+ miles closer round trip for you if it doesn't get a new home in CA...lol...can you say road trip??? lol. Yeah I've been making 2000+ mile round trips moving things and working on our retirement home in Florissant CO. It hasn't been in the air in almost 20 years and other than minor wing tip scuffs and exhaust fuel discoloring the metallic gold monokote on the horizontal is in as good a condition as when I meticulously built it. I had a old timer from Antelope Valley Tail Winds a local flying club (funny that's me now) that flew and competed with these do its maiden flight and other than very minor trim adjustments he told me that if flew perfect and it was the fastest original super kaos he'd flown and was very impressed. In 1998 I took 2nd in nostalgia beginner pattern with my flying, 2nd in highest dB sound level short by 1dB (left needle setting for flight) & 1st with highest RPM!

Last edited by foolishspending; 05-20-2019 at 12:41 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 05-20-2019, 05:01 PM
mjduet
My Feedback: (23)

In a different life time I use to live in California (San Bernardino), don't think I could afford to today. In the pass couple of years I lost two Kaos's, one to a faulty switch. The other one is still out there in the wilderness.
I am also an old timer, still like to build and I love the old AMA pattern models, they are getting harder to find.

MJD
Old 05-21-2019, 11:05 AM
foolishspending

This kit was traded for a Great Planes Learjet some 20 years ago and it was I'm guessing 20+ years old then. I found a website that has various short kits and the Super Kaos is available as well other sizes and kits. I can't post it here yet so PM me if you'd like the info.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:03 PM
foolishspending

Can't believe no one is serious about this great flying original Bridi kit...nothing like the sound and smell of glow fuel engines and in the case of it getting too far out you can listen if its getting further or closer (quieter or louder), the sound has saved my aircraft on a extremely windy day when I flew my first Bi-plane at AVTW , if you don't learn to fly in the wind there you'll almost never fly! Power and some weight help in windy conditions and with glow engines you can hear the other aircraft easily when other planes are flying as well.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:51 AM
skippyc5
My Feedback: (244)

Default Kaos

Hello,
How much to ship to 80634?
Regards,
Greg
Old 05-25-2019, 10:37 AM
foolishspending

Hi Greg, I got a call early this morning and have someone somewhat local (1.5 hours away) supposed to call back and drive out to get it. If this falls through and no one else steps up I can bring it back to Florissant CO (just brought it back to CA) on the 7th when I'm driving back to bring items and work on the house. Shipping would be very cost prohibitive like in the range of $300+ because of packaging, size and weight. You're only 3 hours away to the house or we could meet someplace in Colorado Springs, much less $$$ for fuel even in a pickup. We'll see what happens, not holding my breath as more often than not things don't work out.
Tony
Old 05-25-2019, 10:59 AM
skippyc5
My Feedback: (244)

Default Kaos

Thanks Tony
Old 05-28-2019, 09:23 PM
foolishspending

Sorry everyone just sold tonight.