Notices

SkyMaster F-14 built by Joe Grice for Top Gun

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 10:21 AM
tonykalil
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SkyMaster F-14 built by Joe Grice for Top Gun

This is a gorgeous SkyMaster F-14 built by Joe Grice for Top Gun. As most of you know, Joe builds some of the nicest and dirtiest planes for competition. This F-14 looks exceptionally good, with scale weathering, discoloration, and even greasy boot prints on the surface. It is adorned with thousands of rivets and details, as you would expect from one of Joe's competition planes.

The plane is being offered completely RTF with two JetsMunt M200XBLs, and Jeti DS 16 Carbon Line Radio. It features numerous Details4Scale options, such as servo operated refueling probe, scale boarding ladders, sequenced canopy, sequenced dirty-pass arrestor hook, and full scale lighting and LED afterburner rings. The original owner spent over $60,000 having two identical F-14s built. This particular plane is Aircraft Two. I believe this Plane to be one of the finest examples of a SkyMaster F-14 available today, in its custom VF-41 Black Aces color scheme.

A quick look at the (incomplete)Bill of Materials will confirm that no expense was spared building this aircraft. The costs for the partial list of parts alone, that do not include shipping or tax, is over $23,000. Joe's building services totaled another $10,000. Joe explained to me that he completely gutted the plane when he received it, and rebuilt all of the structures that required attention, and replaced all air lines and cylinders with JMP accessories. Every aspect of this plane is completed to a standard unmatched by most SkyMaster F-14s flying today.

The Jeti DS 16 and Power Distribution Box are programmed with several specific programs for the F-14. The wing sweep function has failsafe's programmed in that automatically retract the flaps if the sweep switch is inadvertently selected with flaps down. Likewise, the flaps are locked out until the wings have been swept open to eliminate surface interference. Additionally, several "show-pass" functions are programmed in to automatically deploy the arrestor hook when the correct combination of throttle, gear, and flight mode have been selected, in order to reduce pilot overload and stress in competition.

The plane has 6 flights on it, with no damage or rash. It comes complete as seen with all ordnance, wing bags, Jeti Radio case, magnetic removable pitot tubes, and accessories.

Text Anthony at 407 399 9287 with questions, or to view the airplane.
Old 08-07-2019, 01:07 PM
Hinckley Bill
My Feedback: (569)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

OMG.......that is by far the most drop dead gorgeous aircraft, turbine or otherwise.......any video of it, or its twin, flying that we can drool over?

I'll be buying another lottery ticket tonight!
Old 08-07-2019, 04:40 PM
blainer48
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to say the same thing. By far the absolute best looking F-14 model I have ever seen. Detail is stunning! Oh if only....

Jason
Old 08-19-2019, 02:52 PM
Carlosjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the total empty and wet take off weight of the plane ?