Notices

TopFlite P47 Razorback G/S w/DLE 85+Robart

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 12:05 PM
jstyle13
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TopFlite P47 Razorback G/S w/DLE 85+Robart

Really don't want to list this, but my priorities have changed and I just don't fly much anymore and could use the cash from my planes for some other things in life. Plus I never enjoyed flying this plane because I spent so much time and money building it, I was a nervous wreck everytime I did (which is why I bought the Zero ARF I'm selling as well so I could fly a warbird and not stress about messing it up).

This plane is the giant scale TopFlite kit which I started in 2014. Took me about 2 years to finally finish it. I am by no means a world class builder, but I feel this plane came out rather nicely and has an amazing flight line presence. It also look incredible in flight. It is fully glassed. With 3/4oz cloth covering the top of the plane and the ailerons, rudder, stab and top half of the flaps. The bottom of the wing was covered in 2oz cloth along with the flaps. The belly pan was covered in 4oz cloth for added rigidity in case of a belly landing or gear mishap.

The plane was sprayed with KlassKote (after about 6 layers of primer) to achieve the final result and then covered in clear sealant. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but I did apply semi-scale panel lines (using the chart tape method) and as you can see it's covered in over 10k of Mirce's vinyl rivets and hatch/panel accessories. I also sprayed the stars and bars using Mirce's mask kit. A decal kit was ordered from Callie graphics and it has a pretty awesome looking scheme if you ask me. Invasion stripes are KlassKote and sprayed as well. The cockpit is pretty detailed with an added resign gun sight and USAF pilot from warbirdpilots.com. Also have dummy machine gun barrels that slide in and out of the wing.

Up front I installed a DLE 85 so I could swing the Biela 4-blade prop. I have not flown with that prop yet, as the engine is still being broken in (has about 2 gallons thru it so far) and I flew off of a shorter grass field and wanted to stick with the 2-blade until I got more comfortable. Both props are included. The firewall had to be moved back 17mm to accommodate the DLE85. The cowl is an aftermarket piece from fiberglassspecialities.com and it much sturdier than the cheap one that comes in the TF kit. DLE 85 is mated to a pitts muffler. Frank Tiano resin dummy radial and a TruTurn spinner finish off the front.

Robart pneumatic gear are installed and as you can see, I put the Robart multi spoke aluminum/rubber wheels on there which make it look great. Functional epoxy resin 2 piece gear doors are installed and really make the plane pop when sitting on the ground (damn things alone took about 3 months to get right and finished). Also includes the electric robart pump and an old school hand pump. Refill port is in the access panel next to the charge ports and the soft switch.

Installed electronics are:
Spektrum AR12310t
2x Spektrum 2150mah Batt packs with EC3 connectors
Tech-Aero IBEC
2x Hitec 7955TGs (stabs)
5x Hitec 5645mgs
1x Hitec 5625mg
2x Hitec 645mg
1x Hitec 225mg

Also includes padded canvas tail covers, prop covers and a custom wing bag to fit the 1 piece wing to help protect from hangar rash. I'm sure there are a few more things I'm forgetting to list that are included. I will include the KlassKote paint that remains as well. I'll also include a Jersey Modelers 2 gallon tank/pump as well since I don't need that anymore. Also have a custom wheel mount I made that you can attach so the plane can be wheeled around and carried in a trailer.

There are a few places where some paint has come off, or cracking is visible showing the fiberglass cloth below. There are some oil stains from the exhaust that show under the plane. But honestly, I think it adds to the look and realism of the plane. Otherwise the plane is in great shape structurally. I never had a flying/landing mishap.

I've had a hard time deciding on a price as I have so much time and money in the plane. While, I'd obviously like to get it sold, I'd really like to get as close to asking price for it as possible. I am willing to remove electronics to get the price lower if you already have those to install yourself after purchase. Different options can be discussed.

I will not ship (for obvious reasons) and I'm not looking to trade for anything except cash (or a 2017 Ford GT350 lol). I'm in the Naples/Ft Meyers area, but realize I may have to drive some to facilitate a deal. That can be worked out. If you have any questions or need more pics/info feel free to contact me.

Asking $3000

***Also selling***
TopFlite Zero ARF w/GP61+Robart Electric Gear -$2500
FW 8S F22 NIB -$500
FW 8S F4 flown once- $475
FW A10 80mm flown 10-12 times -$475
Eflite 1.2m T28 NIB -$225
Old 10-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Great looking Jug. GLWS