Notices

help help

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2020, 01:50 PM
id1860
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help help

hello guys just aquired this gorgous glider dont know much about it would love some help in identifing it so i ccan finish it off looks like its an arf with fiberglass fuslage
Old 03-07-2020, 02:22 PM
skyking84

It is a Bird of Time, a very outstanding glider. When you fly it be aware that the L/D ratio is extremely high and the approach to landing will be quite flat. Don't over shoot!

Mike S.
Old 03-07-2020, 02:25 PM
id1860

thank you any idea who made it i have two of them one was made elctric with brakes on the wings it looks fast
Old 03-07-2020, 02:40 PM
skyking84

Don't know who made it, but I have one with two sets of wings, one with and one without spoilers, which I presume is what you mean by brakes. They would be like doors on top of the wings that pop up when you activate the servos. They help tremendously in landing, and I suggest you fly it with that wing first. The electric motor is a blessing too as long as you are not a purist!! It is not fast... don't try to push it. It is a thermaling glider and very gentle. You will be pleased. I also suggest, since it is rudder and elevator only, that you keep your turns shallow at first. Don't try to manhandle it, finesse it! Check your wings to insure there are no warps before flight.
Old 03-07-2020, 02:53 PM
skyking84

Here's another thought. If the person who electrified the one plane did it properly it will look like the motor is pointing down a lot. I usually start with about 7 degrees of down thrust and adjust if needed according to flying characteristics. If the motor is straight horizontally the plane will pitch up dramatically upon application of power. Many gliders have been lost on launch due to insufficient down thrust.