Search
Notices

I am clueless.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2020, 04:14 PM
100%NEWBI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am clueless.

Hi, I recently inherited some model planes and parts. After opening one of the boxes I have come to the rapid realization that I would never have the patience to build one of these. So I'm going to sell them. I don't want to make a killing, just a fair deal. I would like to sell the lot as a whole. I'll take some pics now and send you more if your interested. Let me know. Thank you for your time. P.s. planes are 1/5 scale.
Remember, I'm clueless so all I can do is try to answer your questions andEverything is as is. Will ship if the price is right.
Old 03-07-2020, 04:41 PM
J330
My Feedback: (3)

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

PM sent with contact number.
Old 03-07-2020, 06:07 PM
Probuilder
My Feedback: (443)

Check PM
Old 03-07-2020, 06:29 PM
PlaneJames
My Feedback: (14)

Default My guess

Probably worth 650 - 900 bucks. Maybe less if the kit isnt new and the engines are well used.

I say that estimate without interest in buying.

James
Old 03-07-2020, 06:33 PM
J330

Originally Posted by PlaneJames
Probably worth 650 - 900 bucks. Maybe less if the kit isnt new and the engines are well used.

I say that estimate without interest in buying.

James
LOL, let's make it $1200-1500 then?
Old 03-07-2020, 09:46 PM
Lake Flyer
My Feedback: (13)

You need a better picture of the 3 engines in the box. It should say on the side of the engine what the motor size is. People would want to know that information. I would agree $600-900 is in the ballpark.
Old 03-08-2020, 03:41 AM
PlaneJames

Default J330's estimate/ offer

You should put that money on the table. I personally have no interest. But when someone asks, I give a honest response. Just another data point.

James
Old 03-08-2020, 08:10 AM
bapilot

Is anything still for sale? Would like the 4500.. if so you can trxt me# 903 271 7506 .. thanks
Old 03-08-2020, 02:37 PM
J330

You should put that money on the table. I personally have no interest. But when someone asks, I give a honest response. Just another data point.

James
It's a low ball offer.

Last edited by J330; 03-08-2020 at 02:39 PM.
Old 03-08-2020, 04:58 PM
Mmarcsisak29
My Feedback: (5)

Default Cessna 183

Pm sent
Old 03-08-2020, 04:59 PM
Mmarcsisak29
My Feedback: (5)

Default Cessna 182

Pm sent, sorry miss spelled
Old 03-09-2020, 09:01 AM
PlaneJames

It wasn't an offer, therefore can't be lowball. You should respond to the question - what is it worth? That might be usefyl information for the seller to consider. Versus having an opinion with no useful information.

James
Old 03-09-2020, 09:14 AM
Propworn

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I sell a lot of model stuff as well as tools n such. Look up what the item sold for new. Use the web is a good start. If the item is new and unused you can expect 60 to 70% of the cost of new. Remember you are selling it as is with no warranty. The more the condition is degraded the lower the expected price. This is for things on average there are exceptions when it comes to out of production pieces that are still sought after or antiques etc. Just a general guideline I use.

Dennis
Old 03-09-2020, 02:17 PM
J330

Lots of posts full of guess work that doesn't compute for me. 60-70%?
Want to buy a 9C radio with that math, they were $499 new? OS FSR40 engines sold for $200 new too. I have several I'll sell you of each at 60% of new all day long. Kits sell for a lot more than they ever sold for, even from last year.

What it sells for used on this forum is NOT what you buy it for in a mixed lot from a guy that has no clue, because you don't know how many engines are locked up or how many pieces of the kits are missing. He doesn't know how to ship either. This guy will keep talking to a dozen people for a "fair" deal but he said the Super Tigre G4500 was worth $900, as stamped on the box. LOL You can't get $150 for those things and I imagine they drink some glow fuel. Good luck.

He's miles apart from fair, but there is always someone out there that thinks losing their shirt is a bargain. It happens every day at car dealerships, it can happen right here too.
Old 03-10-2020, 06:46 AM
Propworn

New and unused means new in the box and new as in purchased recently not some discontinued old model. Something still readily available on store shelves. Price is also calculated from sale price not full retail. An example is a mechanic's tool set at CDN Tire lists out for 399 goes on sale periodicly for 199 I sold for 140 new in the box the tools had never been unpacked. Check this and other forums see what the item sells for in the same condition.

The recomendation is a best case scenario only the seller will have to adjust the price according to conditions affecting the sale of that particular item. It also depends how badly the person wants to dispose of the items. The time of year may also affect the price you may get.

I see by your answers to others posts as well your upset with any but you who might make suggestions. You were the first one to jump on this and pm the guy. Did ya low ball him trying to make off with a bargoon and take advantage of his lack of knowledge? LOL

Last edited by Propworn; 03-10-2020 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-10-2020, 02:54 PM
PlaneJames

Default Im still waiting for an estimate...

... from he who is critical of others estimates.
Old 03-10-2020, 03:07 PM
J330

Originally Posted by J330
This guy will keep talking to a dozen people for a "fair" deal but he said the Super Tigre G4500 was worth $900, as stamped on the box. LOL You can't get $150 for those things .........He's miles apart from fair....
Originally Posted by Propworn
You were the first one to jump on this and pm the guy. Did ya low ball him trying to make off with a bargoon and take advantage of his lack of knowledge? LOL
Your tool experience and new store shelf example has zero to do with this lot of items posted, it just doesn't apply to anything of what this individual is selling. It's not on store shelves. It's not tools. We are looking at nothing but discontinued kits and engines this guy has, I stated he's miles off in his expectations of what they're worth, and I've offered what most find acceptable, and way more than lowballJames.

​​​​​​
... from he who is critical of others estimates.
Are you those guys that hit and run all the time on sellers online everywhere and never pay up?

I helped the guy for quite a while exchanging texts that evening. Sometimes being first works against you. Being the last guy is ideal, but you never know who that will be.

Last edited by J330; 03-10-2020 at 05:55 PM. Reason: because, I can
Old 03-11-2020, 02:59 AM
Propworn

Your tool experience and new store shelf example has zero to do with this lot of items posted, it just doesn't apply to anything of what this individual is selling. It's not on store shelves. It's not tools. We are looking at nothing but discontinued kits and engines this guy has, I stated he's miles off in his expectations of what they're worth, and I've offered what most find acceptable, and way more than lowballJames.
e.
And he didn't bite so why are you bi#ching about it. Guess he thought your offer to low. LOL.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:43 AM
PlaneJames

Default Interesting and pointless exchange...

.... kind of an illustration of where we are as a country. I only offered my 2 cents as a service to the individual that acknowledged his lack of price awareness. If anyone else has a suggestion for him, great. Otherwise personal accusations and meaningless callouts really don't help the gentleman out at all.

I stand by my estimate of what was pictured 650 -900. Any other suggestions should be directed to the seller.

And, again, I have no interest in the sale.

James
Old 03-11-2020, 07:53 AM
J330

Originally Posted by Propworn
And he didn't bite so why are you bi#ching about it. Guess he thought your offer to low. LOL.
Yes he certainly did, and he thinks everyone else is too. He thinks he found a gold mine.
Old 03-12-2020, 04:07 AM
Propworn

Yes he certainly did, and he thinks everyone else is too. He thinks he found a gold mine.
Then he will retain ownership until he lowers the price to the point that someone thinks is fair. Obviously he didn't think your offer was fair so time to move on or wait until he lowers his expectations. Your back and forth with him has only convinced him you really want the stuff and probably convinced him your trying to get it for less than its worth by going back to the well. Observant on his part perhaps. LOL

Lots of people over value stuff they put up for sale. Any item/items will only sell when someone finds the price attractive and the seller realizes the actual value. If someone becomes a pest often times I will refuse to sell to them at all. One swap meet I was disposing of a rather large estate sale. One fellow in particular made what I felt was a low ball offer on an electric motor/esc/battery combo and I turned him down. He must have came back a half dozen times picking it up looking at it and repeating the same offer. Last time he came around it was off the table and he was miffed I had sold it. I told the truth that I had not sold it but decided to give it to the gentleman who had been helping me with the sale. He stormed off absolutely miffed and it made me smile. The items are mine not yours I determine what I will accept for them not you the buyer. If the prices are not what you wish to spend then make and offer but if I turn it down that to is my choice. If there is no common ground then please step aside others might want to look.

Dennis

Last edited by Propworn; 03-12-2020 at 04:48 AM.