CARF P-47 W/ Moki 250 NICE @@

Notices

CARF P-47 W/ Moki 250 NICE @@

Old 05-15-2020, 01:11 PM
IFLYBVM2
My Feedback: (360)

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default CARF P-47 W/ Moki 250 NICE @@

The hangar is getting a bit full, and it's time to make some room, so I have decided to sell my beloved CARF P-47 w/ Moki 250. The model is built from the CARF kit, and has been enhanced with hundreds, or more likely thousands, of small scale fasteners, screws,rivets, and other surface detailing. The cockpit is a work of art as well. Power is provided by a Moki 250, and the engine has the newer "blue" ignition box, and includes the recommended electric fuel pump as well. I have recently refurbished the fuel system with all new tubing. The exhaust tips were custom built by Dan G. from Custom Pipes RC. I have also replaced the flexible 'bendy' tubing that extends from the Moki exhaust ring to the exhaust tips. (A maintenance item every couple of years)
Servos are all JR 8911HV on all the flight surfaces, with a mix of other HV servos on the throttle, choke, gear valve, and gear door servos. NO external doors or hatches for the switches or fuel ports; they are all smartly hidden throughout the aircraft in intercooler doors, cowl vents, etc. The canopy is motorized, and powered by a Firgelli actuator. (One of my favorite features of the airplane !) The LG and gear doors are on separate BVM pneumatic valves, which are then sequenced by the receiver/transmitter (not included).
Other features include a scale functional drop down landing light (WAY cool, btw !) , nav lights on the wing tips, BVM static bomb drops in the pylons, (2) bombs to hang, and the CARF 4 blade CF 30" propeller with Solo adjustable pitch hub,and Bavington machine works scale P-47 guns. Painted with Model Master paints, which in my opinion provide the most accurate scale colors possible.The wolf on the front of the airplane was hand painted on by a very talented artist. I have not seen another bubble version done in this same scheme-the new owner will surely have a unique P-47 to be proud of.
The aircraft currently weighs 55.5 lbs, RTF, minus batteries and receiver.
This a high profile airplane, and it has been flown quite a bit at numerous scale fly ins around the country, and has appeared in model mags as well. It is in good condition, with a few of the normal marks that you would expect to find on an airplane that flys regularly. (Details upon request)
The aircraft is being offered ready to fly, minus batteries and receiver. A few evenings of receiver/battery installation,radio setup, and all the normal checks that go along with flight prepping an aircraft of the caliber, would have her runway ready. The list of materials to build a model such as this, and to this level, is extensive. Feel free to do the math yourself, but I will save you the trouble-the list of materials alone at current costs will total over $12,500 not including any shipping. (Not to mention several hundred hours of labor to build)
Keeping this in mind, you will see that my asking price is very fair, and barely covers the cost of all materials required to build. If you watch the classifieds like I do, you know that really nicely scaled warbirds like this don't come along very often. Add in that the fact the she is not a hangar queen, but a proven airframe that has lots of flights to prove it. This is your chance to own one of the nicest scale models that I have had the privilege to own.
I am located on the coast of SC, between Myrtle Beach and Charleston. I can be reached by text at 843.833.0059, or email at [email protected]. I am a 35 year modeler, and can provide many references upon request. My feedback on RCU is over 100 transactions at 100 %, and my Ebay feedback rating is also 100% (username IFLYBVM2) Shipping is possible through USHIP>COM that offers blanket wrap, door to door service, which might be an option.
You will not be disappointed...
Old 05-15-2020, 02:05 PM
Check6
My Feedback: (427)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't go wrong dealing with Mike. Very friendly , knowledegable, and honest. First class in everything he does. This is unsolicited, just a satisfied buyer.
GLWS Mike!
Thanks,
Fred Menna Check6
Old 05-16-2020, 06:06 AM
IFLYBVM2
My Feedback: (360)

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Check6
Can't go wrong dealing with Mike. Very friendly , knowledegable, and honest. First class in everything he does. This is unsolicited, just a satisfied buyer.
GLWS Mike!
Thanks,
Fred Menna Check6
Thanks for the kind words, Fred. Hope to see you at Nall in the Fall perhaps ?
Regards-Mike