Search
Notices

Kester #44 Rosin Solder .70oz & 2oz. Kester 186 RMA Flux

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2020, 10:02 AM
hitec9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kester #44 Rosin Solder .70oz & 2oz. Kester 186 RMA Flux

This kit will ship free in the US. International shipping is not available due to carrier regulations. Please send PayPal payments to [email protected] with a note related to your purchase.

This listing is for a complete professional soldering kit featuring two personal .35oz tubes totaling (.70oz ) of Kester #44 1mm (.040") diameter rosin core solder, and 2oz of Kester 186 RMA No Clean flux.

This kit includes the best products in the industry by Kester - designed exclusively for electronics. This kit is combining both solder and flux to make your application's assembly go as fast as possible from novice to expert builders.

As an example of the finish these products produce, here is a photo I took while soldering a switch with them; Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20200519_084646_(1)-1280x1024.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	2268471

I can also make custom packages with either just flux or solder. Just PM me your requirement.

If you just want to purchase Kester #44 solder separately its $12 shipped for two tubes totaling (.070 oz)

If you just want to purchase Kester #186 RMA Flux separately is $8 for a 2oz bottle with precision tip shipped

I can also add a bag of pre-cut heatshrink in quantities of 100 pieces for an additional $5, or uncut 16in length runs of three different size heat shrink tubing for an additional $3.50 from the sizes listed below. Message me for the three sizes you would like.

Please give me the size of the heatshrink you would like along with the length required up to (3/4in) if you would like it cut into 100 pieces. The diameter of the heatshrink sizes to choose from are 3mm, 4mm, 6mm, and 9mm. All of my heatshrink is 2:1 which means it shrinks to roughly half of its diameter. Please review a sample package listed below for reference.

These bottles all feature the product codes, date of manufacturing, and expiration dates (date reflected in listing picture is for reference only, and yours will be a fresh sealed bottle) as all Kester products should if they are in compliance with US OEM standards. Beware of sellers offering repackaged products without these codes in inferior packaging which truly means you have no idea of what products you're purchasing.

Please read the details below on Kester #44 solder, and Kester 186 Flux

Kester (44) Activated Rosin Cored Wire Solder

Soldering Process:

Solder iron tip temperatures are most commonly between 315-371°C (600-700°F) for Sn63Pb37 and Sn62Pb36Ag02 alloys. Heat both the land area and component lead to be soldered with the iron prior to adding Kester 44 cored wire. Apply the solder wire to the land area or component lead. Do not apply the wire directly to the soldering iron tip. If needed, Kester 186 Mildly Activated Rosin Flux may be used as a compatible liquid flux to aid in reworking soldered joints. Kester 186 Mildly Activated Rosin Flux is also available in Flux-Pens® for optimum board cleanliness.

Storage, Handling, and Shelf Life:

Storage must be in a dry, non-corrosive environment. The surface may lose its shine and appear a dull shade of grey. This is a surface phenomena and is not detrimental to product functionality. Flux cored solder wire has a limited shelf life determined by the alloy used in the wire. For alloys containing > 70% lead, the shelf life is two years from date of manufacture. Other alloys have a shelf life of three years from date of manufacture.

Kester 186 Flux (RMA)

Kester 186, under MIL-F-14256, was QPL approved as Type RMA. Although the fluxing ability approaches that of Type RA flux, the flux residue after soldering is non-corrosive and non-conductive. 186 rosin flux has been developed for use in critical applications where difficult assemblies are to be soldered, but process requirements stipulate use of Type RMA flux.

This flux possess high thermal stability for soldering multi-layer assemblies which require a high preheat temperature. Exposure to high preheat temperatures does not degrade solubility of the residue in normal cleaning solvents. There is no surface insulation resistance degradation caused by the flux residue. The use of a minimum of ionic activating agents and the inactive nature of the residue permits leaving the residue on circuit board assemblies for many applications. The flux residue is also moisture and fungus resistant.