Community
Search
Notices

info on precident turbulent 78"w span.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2021, 04:09 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default info on precident turbulent 78"w span.

Hi All. I have been given an old turbulent 78" w/span with no instructions or covering. I am hoping to get the cog for it before I install an electric motor 50cc rimfire on 9s lipos. I have built a few 1/4 scale planes but can't seem to find any info for it. If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Jim.
Old 10-16-2021, 07:14 PM
redball8
My Feedback: (128)

I’ve got one, built a number of years ago. Have notes related to the build, put an OS FF-240 in it. Currently out of town, but can look up the CG when I get home Monday.
Old 10-18-2021, 05:18 AM
redball8
My Feedback: (128)

Checked my notes just now - as-built, the CG was at 130mm (5-1/8") back from the wing LE. Later on (in 2017) I moved it forward to 126mm (4-15/16"). That four cylinder engine with onboard glow pushed the weight to 19lbs, though she flies fine.

One other thing - span of the Precedent Turbulent is 86", or 1/3 scale. A 78" span model would be ~1/3.3 scale. If your plane is truly the shorter span, a 5" CG would be dangerously tail-heavy. The Precedent kit had a built up wooden cowl with an ABS top, and struts with springs that were built from brass tube and music wire in a sub-kit. Fuse was lite-ply that was notoriously brittle. And the wing tips had scale leading edge slots.