Rebuilt Mintor 110 w/Ignition & Custom In-Cowl Mufflers

Old 12-05-2022, 04:26 AM
alexzach777
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuilt Mintor 110 w/Ignition & Custom In-Cowl Mufflers

Rebuilt Mintor 110 w/Ignition & Custom In-Cowl Mufflers
-updated CH Twin Ignition & sensor.
-custom J-Tec In Cowl Compact Mufflers with Mintor adaptors.
-new custom machined pistons with Bowman rings.
- used two-blade Yak-54 style spinner 4.5" diameter x 5.25" long.

"A Long Journey"
Yes, I know of all the previous past problems with Mintor engines in general & the bad reputation, rightfully so, they had with our modelling community. That said, this particular engine was installed in my son's 35% Yak-54. It flew with more raw power than other similar sized engines at our local flying club. It's been often said in the past the Mintor was too pretty of an engine to hide inside a cowl, and they were right! We had zero issues with its performance, with the sole complaint being the Mintor supplied aluminum cans which kept cracking at the elbows.

Then came the widespread reports/concerns on Mintor quality control, especially with their liners & pistons. Seeing the writing on the wall, we started a very long pro-active journey to ensure our Mintor would continue to perform going forward.

First, we sent the engine to Richard Daley (cyberwolf), where he pulled everything apart for inspection. He recommended that only the original pistons needed replacement with his custom machined versions. We also took this opportunity to swap out the original rings with the Bowman versions. Next area for change out was the ignition. We sent the engine to Adrian at CH Ignition for inspection. He recommended changing out the timing sensor & the original ignition. Once complete, the engine was sent to the good folks at B&B Specialties. Denny & George were kind enough to set-up/test run the engine for us & even included fabrication of new exhaust gaskets. The final step in the process was the change to custom J-Tec mufflers. Al Young took their stock DA-100 in cowl mufflers, and custom machined an adaptor to fit the Mintor exhaust ports. After this long story (and expense), my son has moved on to golfing instead of flying, go figure! The Mintor 110 is now up for sale and has not been run since its return to us.

The asking price covers Richard's custom machining/rings, the new ignition/sensor, engine set-up/gaskets & custom mufflers. I've included nothing (zero$) for the original Mintor engine itself, only the updates.

I am willing to ship the engine at buyers expense, with F&F Pal Pal. I'm a long-time member of Flying Giants, RC Groups & RC Scale Builder, see my feedback!