Notices

Dynaflite PT-19, 89 inch RTF

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2022, 08:53 AM
Vacman
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynaflite PT-19, 89 inch RTF

Nicely assembled scale PT-19 with a ton of TLC invested. It's a real delight to fly; an easy flyer :-) I'll even include the original assembly manual. This model certainly qualifies for any large scale warbird event and has always been a reliable, relaxing flier. The PT-19 has a great pilot figure mounted up front too, the perfect dude in the cockpit.

No flaps on this bird either (doesn't need flaps), and it's very light weight for it's size. Easily managed on the ground handling, as well for take off & landing (no gyro required). Perhaps the new 5" DuBro wheels have something to do with that. It tracks straight on roll-out. It's also got a nice 2" spring loaded tailwheel helping. A gyro could certainly be added, but it has always been super-easy to steer without, so why bother with a gyro?

Pictures tell it all, but here's what it's got:

The Dynaflite Kit was well designed from the start and this model has been assembled very well, re-enforced as needed for the bigger engine too; stronger landing gear blocks beneath the covering too, also prepared for the additional weight of the engine. It is beautifully covered with COVERITE (very strong). All paint used is fuel proof, epoxy based. The original fiberglass cowl goes with the model, however it will not fit over the current engine being used here. All up, no fuel, it weighs in at 15 lbs, 4 oz. The wing is one piece, which could cause an issue with shipping the model (yet to be determined). Pick up here in Colorado Springs would be preferred.

The twin boxer engine is a South Korean built drone engine, YW-48cc Gasser (32:1 oil). It hauls this airplane perfectly, swinging a 21x8 Xoar propeller and has proven to be extremely reliable as well as powerful. I've installed a large Nalgene fuel tank, which appears to give it better than 20 minutes flite time. A polished custom fitting spinner sits up front, for easy starting. It also hand starts easily. Very smooth, never a kick-back. It's got terrific mufflers that quiet it down nicely, all safety wired and have been no trouble whatsoever.

You need only add your receiver to this model. The two LiFi Batteries on board are worthy and in good condition (2-cell, 2200 mAH) and they are mounted beneath a hatch in the tail section to offset the engine's weight and to keep the CG correct. The ignition is powered by one of these LiFi batteries as well (piggybacked off the RC pack), so no additional battery is required for ignition. There is an electronic kill switch included within the RC package on board, as well as a LED indicator lamp that's lights when the Ignition is switched ON. The lamp is located in the cockpit, next to the Jeti electronic switch, which is also inclusive (with the magnetic key, of course).

The servo package includes: Ultra large Hitec 700 on the rudder (pull-pull system); two JR 8411s on the elevators; JR 8611 on the throttle; and two Hitec 545s on the ailerons.

Please feel free to contact me anytime for more information. I fly mostly Jets anymore and I just don't fly this beauty any longer. A shame really. It's a sweetheart to bring out to the field anytime. Text or call: Larry @ 719-351-0123