Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
 new rc universe/ finding threads >

new rc universe/ finding threads

Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

new rc universe/ finding threads

Old 09-09-2003, 06:52 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new rc universe/ finding threads

On the good old rc universe you could look at the threads you creaded and forums you subscribed to by just seeing over the last few days or whatever who replied. Cant seem to find which furums i have subcribed to any one help? thnaks
Old 09-09-2003, 07:23 PM
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: new rc universe/ finding threads

If you're referring to "MyRCU" you'll see that again. To see what you've subscribed to each forum and thread have a link near the top that says "Subscribe". If you click that you will see to what you are currently subscribed.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:23 AM
My Feedback: (4)

right but on the old rcu you could control how many days out you subscribes to something. can you do this with the new one? Also how about seeing posts that are new, well ones that you subscribed to?
Old 09-10-2003, 08:58 AM

I'm getting a real uneasy feeling here, guys (moderators). This question has been asked several times in several places (trying to follow the directions as best we can), but it has yet to be answered. The question is NOT, "Where can I see a list of my subscribed forums?" and it is NOT, "Where can I see a list of all of my subscribed threads?" Rather, it is:

Where can I see a list of recent posts (i.e., since my last vist) on my subscribed threads?

This was a feature at the bottom of the MY RCU page on the old site, where we could quickly see replies to our questions/posts. Now, it appears this feature does not exist, even if/when the MYFORUMS page is functioning; and users have to spend quite a bit more time to search through all of their subscribed threads to find recent posts manually.

Can someone please speak to this?
Old 09-10-2003, 09:13 AM
My Feedback: (21)

George,

The site is in a state of flux right now, as you're well aware. Some things work, some things don't, and many things have yet to be implemented. Just because it isn't there now doesn't mean that it won't be. Marc is fanatical about giving you guys what you want and making the new site better than the old, so give him some time to get things worked out. In the meantime, the only advice I can give you is to hang tight and do the best you can with what you have. Yes, it's a little inconvenient, but I think it'll be worth it in the end. Besides, how much are you paying for all the information you get from this site? I think you should be willing to put up with a little inconvenience for what you're paying.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:57 PM

Matt,

I think you misinterpreted my frustration- it is not the issues/features with the new roll-out. I can and will tolerate this, because I am thankful for what Marc has done for us and the hobby, as I have posted many times before. What I was frustrated about was the inability for me to get an answer at all to the question as to whether the feature was coming or not. Either way is fine, but I'd just like to know. If so, great. If not, I'll have to figure out a different way to skin the cat.

Your post still is ambiguous- I can't tell if the feature will be implemented down the road when higher priority things are taken care of, or if it is not coming.
Old 09-10-2003, 02:19 PM
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

If your post wasn't answered before I simply missed it and I apologize.

When you set your preferences so you view only the forums you're interested in all the new threads since your last visit are hightlighted in bold lettering showing new posts to that thread. It kind of combines the subscribed forums with the subscribed threads you knew in MyRCU and makes it your own customized version of RCU called MyForums.

"Subscribe" allows you to view which specific threads you're interested in monitoring, but will not actually highlight those threads when new posts occur. It will however send you an email if a new post is submitted should you check the appropriate box to activate that feature for that thread.