Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
 Control Line Forum Whereabouts? >

Control Line Forum Whereabouts?

Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Control Line Forum Whereabouts?

Old 09-10-2003, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Control Line Forum Whereabouts?

This is my first visit since the total absorption of RCA into RCU. My settings were, according to the "redirect" page that got me here, to remain the same. However, when I hit the "My Forums" button, all forums are displayed instead of just the ones I had selected at RCA. Somewhat more dismaying to me is the fact the Forum I prize most, "Control Line," is not on that list. Is this just a growing pain, or is it a permanent situation?

Thanks for a reply.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:26 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Control Line Forum Whereabouts?

hey pal this is RCU and if it ain't R/C related it gets deleted and the poster gets a -100 added to his score[sm=biggrin.gif]

seriously though, it would be nice to have a c/l forum here. awhile back i had to keep one eye under a bandage for a looong time and it forced me to get back into c/l or fly nothing at all. now i know that when i turn into an old phart with bad eyesight i'll still be able to fly something other than f/f.

dave
Old 09-10-2003, 02:41 PM
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations... the users have spoken and RCU has listened! You have your Control Line Forum back sir. I apologize that you'll have to get it started with new posts again, but it's there for you to enjoy again!

Also, if you're viewing RCU using "MyForums" you will need to add it to the list of forums you wish to view by clicking the "Settings" tab near the top right of the page.
Old 09-10-2003, 04:02 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Old Sourdough:

The Control Line forum might be hard to find, so to save trouble I'll tell you where to look. It's under "Radios, Engines, Batterirs, Clubhouse and more."

Bill.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Bill and Mr. "Insane."

I'll let the others know about the forum's return. It might be wise, though, to not make any major changes for awhile, if at all possible. There at least two good, well used and respected control line forums out there that are a bit easier to use. Some of us have tried to stick with this site for over five or so years, through RCOnline to the current iteration. It seems that, every time major changes were made to the navigational aspects, a few more flyers would be lost. This can't be good for a web site that appears to try to be a paying proposition for its owners/administrators. I have absolutely no problem with for profit sites, (other than being required to pay a subscription charge to use them), but if every so often when I visit, all my previous statistics and user name and password are gone, I tend to feel a bit unappreciated, as do quite a few others.

When folks learned about the RCOnline Control Line Forum, it rapidly became the second most used site for Control Line flyers on the net that I knew of. It probably would have been the most used after the demise of the most visited site when the owner/webmaster of that site returned to his home country in Indonesia after finishing his graduate studies in Indiana. RCOnline and its successors would probably have kept growing up to the present time if one hadn't had to keep relearning the site's use and re-registering. The folks using and posting the site at that time included National and World Champion Stunt Flyers (One of those guys was the forum moderator for awhile until he became the Editor of Model Aviation!), Nationals Champion Combat, Speed, Racing, and Carrier flyers. The exchange of information was excellent and made the site well worth visiting at least once a day.

Unfortunately, more of the experts left for easier, more usable, more software-static sites each time "upgrades" were made to the software. Most have yet to return and that's a real shame.

I hope that the latest iteration of this site will continue to thrive and provide those who visit and post, as well as those who keep it operable, with whatever their needs and desires for the site are.

I also wish to state that the foregoing is by no means meant as a negative view of the situation, only a comment about the facts as they appeared to those of us who have tried to keep using the site.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:07 AM
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you Sir... we'll certainly do what we can to help you have a thriving Control Line gathering place. Just think, you now get to have the RCU members as well as RCA members. I don't think it will take long to grow quickly with help from guys like you. Enjoy RCU.