Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

I don't like thia at all.

Old 09-10-2003, 10:12 AM
My Feedback: (36)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I don't like thia at all.

I don't like thia at all.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:35 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: I don't like thia at all.

after using it for going on 3 days now, I really don't like the Pop up reply boxes.

I know mark doesn't like them being called pop ups, but they are what they are.

I like the ones on the bottom of the page on the old site better. These things are slower than molasis in January.

[:-]
Old 09-10-2003, 08:42 PM

i don't have a prob about popups...i reset my p ups to every 100 threads...i haven't had a prob cents...

john
Old 09-11-2003, 01:11 AM
My Feedback: (50)

I dont think Flyboy means the pop up adds, I think he was refering to the way you have to reply to a post by waiting for the dialogue box to appear. I dont like it either...too slow. It was better when it was at the bottom.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:30 AM
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

You'll see "quick reply" come back. Did you know Marc coded that into what was RCU? It'll be back when time allows.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:35 AM
My Feedback: (50)

Kewl! I am sure that will make a lot of us feel more at home. In case I missed it...is there a method of feedback besides the rating score? For those who participate in the Auctions or Classifieds.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:03 AM
Administrator

The score is more about post rating than anything.
The rating system that really matter is what you find when you click a members profile.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:24 AM
My Feedback: (3)

[:@]yes these dialog windows suckkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!! way too long a wait time to post a reply. heck the whole site is way slower than it was. anyway i am told thats gonna get better......................................how long are we to wait?....................................

john
Old 09-11-2003, 11:32 AM
Administrator

How long? Not sure. I do know that not all the changes will happen at once and that will be it... RCU's done. We've been changing RCU since day one two years ago, and I suspect we'll continue to change it going into the future.

You'll see many of your favorite things come back... after all that's why we added them in the first place. Not to mention we like them too!
Old 09-11-2003, 11:39 AM

I LOVE the pop up post and reply. The reason? You can now use the browser back arrow to back out of a thread, even if you've replied. Before, once you replied, you couldn't use the back arrow, and you had to go around.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:49 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I work on a cable connectio and I find this new board very slow and frustrating. and where is the button to click for a quoted reply? That was a great feature. Without it some posts don't make sense as you don't know which of the posts are being referenced.

And, the quick response window on the bottom was great. If the pop-up was faster it would be OK, but the quick respose was still better.

I am sure this will be fixed, but for now, it is a pain.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:02 PM
My Feedback: (17)

I love the "My Forums" option. Good job guys.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:15 PM
Administrator

Just above the message box you'll see a "Quote original" button. Check it out and give it a try.
ORIGINAL: aeajr

I work on a cable connectio and I find this new board very slow and frustrating. and where is the button to click for a quoted reply? That was a great feature. Without it some posts don't make sense as you don't know which of the posts are being referenced.

And, the quick response window on the bottom was great. If the pop-up was faster it would be OK, but the quick respose was still better.

I am sure this will be fixed, but for now, it is a pain.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:28 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I think the new site looks great, seems to be almost as navigable as the previous site with a few minor exceptions. While it will take a bit of getting used to, I don't think the learning curve will be as long as many seem to believe. From my perspective, there is no real difference in the forums. A few features are missing, but from what i have gathered, they are in the works.

I thinks that they are all doing a great job in the transition.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:24 PM
My Feedback: (33)

Plane Insane
Just above the message box you'll see a "Quote original" button. Check it out and give it a try
You can also click the REPLY lower right of the post you want to quote, and it opens the message box and loads selected quote from the post. Never mind' this REPLY method is not working now (at time of edit)

Or you can Highlite the section of the post you want and click [Post Reply] at bottom of all posts loewr left, and highlited section will load.