Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Auctions? What auctions!

Old 09-11-2003, 01:49 PM
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auctions? What auctions!

An auction is not when you list the opening bid for let's say $100 and have a buy it now for $120! This looks like dealers ARE the only ones that will benefit from this new site!
Old 09-11-2003, 01:57 PM
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Auctions? What auctions!

Is there a question or problem using RCU that I can help you with?
Old 09-11-2003, 02:52 PM
My Feedback: (40)

If that auction did not interest you, then try this one.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/ite...TOKEN=60920012

Seriously though, this auction site is as good as any on the web. AND THIS ONE IS RADIO CONTROL SPECIFIC which makes it EASIER to navaigate and find what you want. Let us know what your problem is and we will see what we can do to clear it up.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:50 PM
My Feedback: (2)

I had a post on this earlier and feel the same way the auction I noticed had a reserve of $120 and a buy it now of$120. That is not an auction. Mabey a rule change could be that the buy it now price must be at least 25% more than the reserve price or simply remove the reserve prices altogther.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: easysport
Mabey a rule change could be that the buy it now price must be at least 25% more than the reserve price or simply remove the reserve prices altogther.
That is a good valid suggestion. Thank you. As things settle in a little bit we're going to find things we like and don't like and will make changes accordingly. We got some purdy smart fellers building RCU but even they don't think of everything.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:14 PM

Yep you got some smart members to we are like used car buyers we will kick the tires check for leaks and take it for a spin for ya and let you know what aint right
Old 09-11-2003, 04:27 PM
Administrator

That's one of the main reasons RCU has become so great... implementing users ideas!
Old 09-11-2003, 11:32 PM
My Feedback: (30)

ok now I have a new question..if I post a topic on RCU..and someone responds to it, does that response now get emailed to me every time someone posts a reply?..cause I just had 6 emails with all the comments from above.thanks K
oh and what I was getting at in the topic was on every auction online I've used and the one I work for, usually it has a starting bid and a reserve and a buy it now, but the seller usually will start low and the reserve is hidden,even though the buy it now kind of tells you what he want's but here it seems the prices are about the same..the opening bid and the buy it now are way way to close! thanks for letting me vent! K
Old 09-12-2003, 12:17 AM

At the bottom of the reply window is a box about wether or not you want e-mails on the thread sort of an auto subscribe so if you dont want it un check the box. Once you are subscribed you must go to your subscribed threads and delete it