Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
 Extreme trouble with this new RCU site-A#@$#%#%#$ >

Extreme trouble with this new RCU site-A#@$#%#%#$

Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Extreme trouble with this new RCU site-A#@$#%#%#$

Old 09-12-2003, 07:03 AM
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extreme trouble with this new RCU site-A#@$#%#%#$

In one word this new site is NOT KOSHER, SIMPLY AWEFUL!!!!I have posted 2 new "for sale" threads in the jet section.When I finished posting the new threads I was informed by the system that they successfully completed.Well then I go back & look for them ,they are no where to found!!!I have even recieved a email from an "interested buyer" about one of my for sale items,but I dont see where they are,where are they-I ask this??I have looked everywhere.I have sent emails 3 times to the site controller about this matter with no reponse whatsoever.To say the least I am very unhappy with this new site.I see no purpose at all why they saw a reason to make this new site, when the old one was much more user friendly & "navigational" .I know I am not the only who is unhappy with this new site,I have gotten the same dissatisified feedback from quite a few buds on here.This site does me no good if I cant friggen find anything-namely my items for sale.Maybe a moderator will see this thread & do something about it to help me out since they dont respond to emails!

regards Steve
Old 09-12-2003, 09:24 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Extreme trouble with this new RCU site-A#@$#%#%#$

Steve,

If you placed your ad it appears in the category you placed it in. If you need support PM me with your phone number and I will walk you through it. The new site is rather easy and if you look at cars.com, ebay, yahoo classifieds, amazon and see how they categorize and list products NONE of them use a forum site to do this. There are reasons why and those sites are successful at what they do. Any large scale trading site uses this type of interface. Small sites can muddle along with the forum format. We got too big.

I haven't responded because I am fielding many support emails and also incorporating features that were existing in the old RCU. Rome was not built in a day remember.

When you go abandon RCU for all those other competing sites go look for all the wonderful features that were in the old RCU and the new one. You won't find them. These were all custom code. All the missing nuggets from the old RCU are being poured into this site but we cannot do it in one day.

It is nice to see how everyone loses faith in me and those who bandy about "loyalty" run at the drop of a hat. Do those guys REALLY think we won't fix EVERY SINGLE BUG here? Do you guys think we won't hack in every single feature that was on old RCU that users want?

I have yet to purchase any software EVER that didn't have bugs, problems or errors and websites are rarely different especially new ones. It won't take us long to fix bugs and will only take a few weeks to add back in old features. Stick with us and spread the word. Those who leave to go elsewhere will find in just a few days that all bugs are for the most part gone and new features from the old site will be folded back in every couple days.

The trading section will remain. Our volume of sales warrants us to follow Amazon, cars.com, yahoo, ebay listing and categorization methodology otherwise RCU would be useless when we hit 100,000 users.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:38 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme trouble with this new RCU site-A#@$#%#%#$

I just went into Marketplace and I had it took me about 10 seconds to find one of your ads. I did it strictly out of curiosity. I don't understand the problem. If you will PM me with your problem, maybe I can give you the steps I went through to find it. I am new to this just like everyone else but I will be glad to help any way I can.