Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
 Where are all of the engine for sale threads?? >

Where are all of the engine for sale threads??

Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Where are all of the engine for sale threads??

Old 09-12-2003, 11:06 AM
My Feedback: (59)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are all of the engine for sale threads??

Where are all of the engine for sale threads?? checked in yesterday about this time, (8:15 pdt) found only 30 or so engines for sale. Today there are just under sixty for sale as of 8:56 pdt.

This is an upgrade from the old RCU? Imo, "I don't think so."

As for the buck sixty-seven a month for listing an ad: if half of the registered members pay that figure, that amounts to $50,100 a month, 600,00 k+ a year. What are you guys planing on doing: Flying your own personal 100 % size jets?

If the above figure is low, and math is correct. When the Brinks truck comes by to pick up the bux, it had better be the one with the one with the overload springs on it.
I have sent bux to rcu ops in that past to help cover th cost of the operation, but now... not now. I do not like the idea of a (however low) $1.67. per mo charge to my bank card, no way. I send s chck in you cash the check. Sort of a "pay as you go when you sell" deal not a "we collect or youy don't post" deal. Take look at your postings (so far). Doesn't look like a lot of happy folks here.

As for the nifty images of what an advertised item looked like when it was new, quote "Stock photo," word descpriptions from seller to buyer follwed by an exchange of e-mails, this has been sufficienet for me in the past. Have never been screwed by ANY seller on RCU. Imo, get rid of em.

So far, the "new" rcu looks too much like e-bay for rc'rs only.[:'(]

If there are "improvments" such as these to look forward to in the future, I don't know.

Last evening, a quick check of some members in my flying club as to what they thought of the "new rcu", had quite a few of the nearly 300 hundred + folks holding their noses. Hope things get better, for you guys back there and us guys out here in the real world tho.

Will take the "wait and see" attitude, on the new site in general, but as for auctions, ads another middle man or so. Not worth the hassle of regging with site, giving out credit crad #'s and such, having to pay "fee" to (another) middlee man do what I can so easily do myslef such as get a m.o. or cashier's check, etc.

In closing, have not seen anything that is so unique on rcu that's its worth bidding on, and gettgn gwhacked for yet another "fee".
And by the way: where is you server in the world is your server located? As of the time this thread is being written, there's an 8 hour time difference? Can't someone even set the #$%$^ clock right?
Gary Smith
aka Red Baron Gary
ps: wear didd daa spel chckir goe two??
Old 09-12-2003, 11:18 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Where are all of the engine for sale threads??

The Old RCU didn't just happen overnight. Setting up websites like this one is no small feat and it isn't cheap. You don't run a system like this with a $799.00 pc from Dell. And as far as the time being off check your setup. When you first logged on to the new site you had to go through the setup. It asked for your time zone, you probably just clicked the wrong one.

PATIENTS MY FRIEND PATIENTS.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:24 AM
My Feedback: (59)

oaky, oakey, okie.
eye wate a whyle too c wat happenz, yaa.
jus knot wat i waz xpectiing tu c re the knew rcu thazt al.
Gary
an the sel chekr itz stil knot wurking
Old 09-12-2003, 11:53 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First I have to pay the $250,000 hardware and development fees and then we can think about buying a jet

Seriously though the upgrade is only for power sellers. Everyone else can sell and pay 50 cents to $1.75 for a classified ad. You can sell a $40,000 turbine jet here for $1.75! Does anyone have a problem with that? Sell a $25 accessory for 50 cents. We made prices fair and NOBODY has to upgrade to sell here if they don't want to.

UPGRADING IS NOT NEEDED TO SELL ON RCU! That was not in the design of this site. It is for power sellers ONLY.

Ads are filling up rapidly now as you can see. Also everything on RCU is FREE. Forums are free, buying and all other tools. ONLY sellers pay a small fee to sell. In auctions that fee is 50% of ebay and one seller said his auction go far more response than all his other stuff ever did on ebay. If you are a seller now is the time to catch the train. One seller posted and sold in 10 minutes.

It will take time to learn the new protocol but it is the same paradigm used by cars.com, ebay, amazon, yahoo classifieds and many of the other largest most successful sites. Somebody once said "success leaves clues". You cannot search by location or narrow your choices down in forums. Although we got used to them they are not made for 1000's of listings like RCU was receiving as we grew to 50,000 members. Without this change the forum system of selling would be useless and it was already taxing our moderators to the limits to keep organization in there.

Rome was not built in a day. Please have patience as we ferret out remaining bugs and add requested features and some of the old stuff from RCU. The old site served us well but at 60,000 users the selling component begins to get futile so change had to be made. Does amazon, ebay, cars.com, yahoo all who have millions of users use forums to sell? Of course not. There are reasons why.