Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

since going to the new s

Old 09-12-2003, 02:01 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default since going to the new s

Marc: Ever since going to the new format, I have been getting E-mails of every reply to every thread that I had subscribed to. I can read those threads on the forums - I don't need and don't want them sent to my E-mail address. Please put a stop to this somehow. Thanks.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:28 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: since going to the new s

Jim,

On the bottom of the email there is a note that lets you unsubscribe to the email notification......If I am wrong, please let me know....

Thanks,
Old 09-12-2003, 03:00 PM
My Feedback: (24)

Jim,

You can also go into your INBOX and click MY SUBSCRIPTIONS. This will allow you to unsubscribe from the threads that you don't want the emails from.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:50 PM

The Good News is the way they're doing it now you can see the all the replys to your subscribed threads without leaving your email program and having to go to RCU. The Bad News is you get a email for each and every response.

Another way to do it is to have just 1 email the first time sometime someone responds to a thread (since you last looked at it). That would cut down on the number of emails you get, but you'd have to go to RCU to see if there was any other posts after that one.

I guess the way they're doing it now is better for the dialup users, but us broadband users would prefer the second way as we can just click on the thread link in the email and, boom, we're there.

Wonder if it's possible to have a choice between the two?
Old 09-12-2003, 06:02 PM
Banned

we will be reinstating the old RCU behaviour for email notifies...please bear with us as we code this in.
Old 09-12-2003, 07:29 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Per Larry Eddy's advice, I went to the Inbox, subscriptions, and removed all the check marks for mail. This should solve the problem. Thanks for the replys.