Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
 Placing an ad takes longer... >

Placing an ad takes longer...

Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Placing an ad takes longer...

Old 09-12-2003, 10:07 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Placing an ad takes longer...

Just a bit of constructive criticism... I posted my first classified on the new RCU last night, and it seemed to be somewhat clumsy and time consuming. I guess I had just gotten used to the old "Subject/Description" method on the old RCU, whereas the new method has several different fields to fill out before you can post. It just seemed to take 10 times longer to post a very simple ad.

I'm giving it all a chance... checking the forums regularly, reading the mag, etc. So far, I'm still missing "old faithful"... but regardless, I'm hanging in there! <grin>
Old 09-12-2003, 10:33 PM
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Placing an ad takes longer...

It does take longer than before, but think a second about why it's that way. Members now have all the information they need when viewing your add. They also have an increased change of finding your add through the search function as more information is there for them to find. It also allows for more precise categorization so you are ensured your ad will be seen by more people.

Previously you were at the mercy of the seller to input enough information so you would have a slight chance of finding his ad through either browsing or through that pathetic search feature we once had. It's all designed to all the buyers to find you the sellers.

I'm glad to see you're willing to give the new look a shot. I think when you start to get comfortable with it RCU will quickly feel like "home" again. Enjoy RCU.