Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Posting inline images??

Old 09-14-2003, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Posting inline images??

I don't have a problem attaching a picture to a post, just click on "Upload Images!", and I think it's cool that you can have up to 4 pictures per post, and that you don't have to resize them! What a time saver!

But how does the inline image thing work? I know I click the "image" button when doing a reply, so it looks like this to get a picture in the middle of my text:

Text
[img][/img]
More text

Am I correct in assuming that the image has to be posted online somewhere and the image tag pulls it via URL from there?

PS: cool spell checker! I can't wait till it's finished.
Old 09-14-2003, 11:21 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Posting inline images??

4 images!?!? NO Resising??

COOL!!!

One thing- I kinda liked how the old RCU had "click for full size" Under each image. Just a personall prefrence of course. Kinda like Quik Reply.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48823.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	61213   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dw65639.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	61216  
Attached Images   
Old 09-14-2003, 12:12 PM
My Feedback: (24)

Text
[img][/img]
More text

Am I correct in assuming that the image has to be posted online somewhere and the image tag pulls it via URL from there?
Yes you are. To use this feature, the pics must be hosted somewhere else online. You would use this format: image]http://www.fasfhkashdfkl.com/yourimage.jpg[/img]
Old 09-14-2003, 12:16 PM
My Feedback: (33)

ORIGINAL: goofup

I don't have a problem attaching a picture to a post, just click on "Upload Images!", and I think it's cool that you can have up to 4 pictures per post, and that you don't have to resize them! What a time saver!

But how does the inline image thing work? I know I click the "image" button when doing a reply, so it looks like this to get a picture in the middle of my text:

Text
[img][http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/upfi...81/Tq48823.jpg[/img]
More text

Am I correct in assuming that the image has to be posted online somewhere and the image tag pulls it via URL from there? Yes, like MasterSmasher's pic, I clicked and went to full size image, (then copy the link thats in the address bar) or the way I do it is to right click pic and click properties and copy the link

PS: cool spell checker! I can't wait till it's finished.
See within quote Goofup'

Sorry larry, did'nt mean to invade ya keyboard-space
Old 09-14-2003, 12:31 PM

MasterSmasher
One thing- I kinda liked how the old RCU had "click for full size" Under each image. Just a personall prefrence of course. Kinda like Quik Reply.
Does your pointer change to a hand when its over a link? to let you know its clickable?

Like my sig, its a link to my web page, but I don't like it with 'click here' under it.

quick reply is on its way I think Admin said earlier
Old 09-14-2003, 08:49 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

click full size added
Old 09-15-2003, 01:22 PM

for quotes i copy the lines i want, click quote, then paste the quote between the ] ['s however i know to do this.. its not as simple as before.. if the same with images, you find the pics properties ( right click the pic where ever it is ) and paste that..

good to see my yacht again

is it possible to code in for when uploading images to be able to put text in between them, or it all has to be explained up above. useful for the building type threads.

not used to it yet, kept clicking ok below instead of upload images yesterday on a thread of mine lol, ah well, at least edit worked
Old 09-15-2003, 01:38 PM

for quotes i copy the lines i want, click quote, then paste the quote between the ] ['s however i know to do this.. its not as simple as before.. if the same with images, you find the pics properties ( right click the pic where ever it is ) and paste that..
phillybaby
oopsHIGHLIGHT the lines you want, click REPLY at lower right of that post' and it auto-loads the coppied lines as a quote.

The NEW RCUMy AVATARphillybaby is still hereAnd now you have completed the Model TREXCCTETS, Happy Flying"

The Copyright Cops got my pics again[:@]
Old 09-15-2003, 01:47 PM

Copy the lines you want, click REPLY at lower right of that post' and it auto-loads the coppied lines as a quote.
ahh works when you leave them highlighted, cool shortcut...

but you cheated with discriptions between pics