Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Delete Post

Old 09-14-2003, 05:18 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delete Post

I submitted a post then decided to add an illustration and a little more discussion to it. I resubmitted the post with the intentions of deleting the first one. When I chose to edit the post to get to the delete option, I found there is no delete option. I couldn't find any way to delete the post so I sent a notification to the moderator requesting that it be deleted.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:48 PM
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Delete Post

That's pretty much the way it's always been. You may edit your posts but not delete. That's reserved for the moderators of that forum.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:50 PM

Who's bright idea is that? We should be able to delete our own post. Suppose we just edit it with a -consider this deleted- post?
Old 09-26-2003, 07:57 AM

ORIGINAL: Plane Insane

That's pretty much the way it's always been. You may edit your posts but not delete. That's reserved for the moderators of that forum.
Not true in the old RCU. When you went into "edit post", there was an option to delete the post entirely. I suppose Shihtzutan's work-around is adequate, but you can still look really stupid, particularly if it's a post you just accidently entered. As I said previously, this is poor user interface design. If you let someone do something that they cannot undo, you should put up a little "Are you sure?" dialog box.
Old 09-26-2003, 10:59 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the old RCU did not allow users to delete their own posts.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:21 PM

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

the old RCU did not allow users to delete their own posts.
It's hard to argue with god , but that's just not true. I did it quite a few times, and I remember the exact user interface. Is it possible there was a bug in the code, and it was not supposed to be available to non-moderators?
Old 09-26-2003, 12:27 PM

RC Airport did! In fact most forums will allow you to delete your own stuff. The forum literature should say "Posts cannot be deleted". Suppose you answered something truthfully only to find out you screwed up and would like to delete it until such a time that you research the topic and repost. You'll never convince me we shouldn't be in charge of our own delete button. There are times we just want to "take it back" what we said for whatever reason.