Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

"Flash" required for RCU?

Old 09-14-2003, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Flash" required for RCU?

I was just browsing the forums in IE, when all of a sudden I get this "Security Message" asking me if I want to install Flash, because "it's required to view this web page". I had no other browser windows open at the time.

Do any of the ads, or worse, folks' avatars require Flash?

Hmmm... On further experience, it appears to be an ad. VERY ANNOYING. If I choose not to install Flash (which I really don't want), I'm going to get this pop up "Security Message" every few pages.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:59 PM
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: "Flash" required for RCU?

Some of the ads do use flash. They did on the previous version of RCU too so it's a little surprising they're just coming up for you now. You may need a newer version of flash installed which should be available for free.
Old 09-14-2003, 09:31 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we are removing the remaining flash banners once the ad period runs out this month or sooner possibly to eliminate this annoying problem which was not anticipated.
Old 09-15-2003, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To be honest, a little after posting, I realized that I had just re-imaged my PC back to zero, so Flash wasn't installed and probably was before. It's not a big deal, but I still think Flash is probably inappropriate for a banner ad.