Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Posting Karma

Old 09-15-2003, 09:44 PM
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Posting Karma

OK, I give up. I have been wanting to give + Karma to Nitromarc3 for a deal that was in the works during the transition to the new RCU. I can't find where you give karma? Any help is appreciated. Pete
Old 09-16-2003, 09:55 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Posting Karma

Only deals transacted through the new system are eligible for karma ratings however all ratings made on the old site have been transferred and preserved here on the new rcu. Our new system is closed loop so if you didn't rate another before the change you cannot rate him on the new system. The way we have it now prevents users from rating those they may not have done a deal with thus adding more credibility to the karma system here.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:39 PM
My Feedback: (36)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi!

Well I don't agree with you.What will happen with the deals that were pending when the switch occured.I had three sale and now those people can not rate me or I can not rate them.That is bad.Maybe the deal was not good and I can not tell anyone .I think you have to enable that. I don't care that you switched the site.Karma ratings should not be affected.It is the most important thing here You have to do something about this.At least for one day.

Second thing is how to rate user about a deal that went through on the new site?
Old 09-16-2003, 12:47 PM
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

Only deals transacted through the new system are eligible for karma ratings however all ratings made on the old site have been transferred and preserved here on the new rcu. Our new system is closed loop so if you didn't rate another before the change you cannot rate him on the new system. The way we have it now prevents users from rating those they may not have done a deal with thus adding more credibility to the karma system here.

I am a little peeved only because I was able to rate a user before the switch after I received payment, and then he received the item after the new RCU switch was made. He has emailed me with a desire to rate me, but cannot now. Bummer.

Jason
Old 09-16-2003, 01:02 PM
My Feedback: (17)

That makes two of us that are peeved, I also made a sale and was able to rate the buyer but he has been unable to rate me. Buyer is K1WEY, seller is Hardadz and the item was an MRC 959 Superbrain which is listed as "Sold" Come on guys, even I had difficulty in rating him and had to ask for help.
Old 09-16-2003, 05:46 PM
My Feedback: (41)

Me too!
Old 09-16-2003, 05:47 PM
My Feedback: (36)

Hi!

I have exactly the same issue.I rated him but now he can not rate me. If it is possible I think the moderators should allow this because we can prove that we had transactions with our buyers and that we are not just trying to get more credibility.
That is just not fair.Please allow us to do these kind of things!!!!!
Old 09-16-2003, 08:43 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I just recieved some stuff l bought and want to rate the guys as well.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:24 AM
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sorry to see that I'm not alone. I agree that the Karma rating needs to be kept as "pure" as possible. However I am not a "Power" buyer or seller so I really want to give and get the + karma on those deals I do make on RCU. Sorry Nitromarc3 I tried. Pete
Old 09-17-2003, 10:14 AM
Banned

Guys. I fully understand what you are saying here. The issue is that the system is designed as a closed loop system to ensure the integrity of the ratings here. Once you use it you will see how and why but there are a bunch of deals during the one time changeover that got caught in the crossfire. Because the database structure is different we cannot tag your rating to an item id since one does not exist.

If you consider that 99.9% of the time old RCU was up and had karma it took the ratings and then on the new site 100% of the time the number of deals caught in this dilemma are small and it would take us a dozen hours to code around these few edge cases.

Going forward all ratings can be made within the new system but I ask that you understand while unfortunate there is little that we can do about it without spending a great deal of resources.
Old 09-20-2003, 04:45 PM
My Feedback: (119)

Sorry-- but I still do not understand. I just completed a deal here on the new RCU. How do I go about posting a good karma toward the seller?
Old 09-20-2003, 05:46 PM
Banned

To post karma on this new system:

go to marketplace and click "MyMarket"

next to your ad is a star icon. if you mouse over it you will see instructions but you can click on it also to rate the buyer/seller.
Old 09-20-2003, 05:46 PM
Banned

oops..forgot...when in mymarket click "selling" or "buying" depending if you were buyer or seller