Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Subscribed Forums problem

Old 09-16-2003, 06:05 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subscribed Forums problem

I am receiving emails for subscribed forums which I did not subscribe to. I have gone to the subscription menu and unchecked the boxes(I didn't check them in the first place) under subscribed forums. Am I missing something? BTW the only options in the menu are for subscribing to cars and batteries and chargers, etc. How do I clear out the information?

Mike
Old 09-16-2003, 07:11 PM

Default RE: Subscribed Forums problem

I to have had my subscribed forums some how change. Keep working the bugs out.

How to I check for unread messages in my subscribed forums only? I keep getting everything!

ML
Old 09-16-2003, 07:23 PM
My Feedback: (6)

If there is any way you guys can reset the subscription function in my account that would be great. I am getting creamed with emails!

Thanks,

Mike
Old 09-16-2003, 07:48 PM

I somehow in the last 4 hours have been subscribed to the Batteries & Chargers Forum, I haven't even visited that forum in the last month[sm=confused.gif]
Old 09-16-2003, 08:10 PM

I'm also getting tons of emails from every message in the Battery forum. I want to unsubscribe but can't find the feature.
Old 09-16-2003, 09:18 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I fixed it. this occured because the setting on those forums were set to allow subscription to them. It should have been set to off when new forums were created in those categories and it wasn't. This made it so every email in the "forum" and not threads would spawn an email.

if it isn't fixed let us know and we can run a query down the database to unsubscribe users from all forums. I let my admin know when setting up new forums in the future to remember to allow subscriptions to threads only and NOT forums.

subscribe to forum isn't needed with new MyForum feature. Go to settings to choose your custom forums.
Old 09-16-2003, 09:33 PM

Well, at least I know I'm not going nuts. I thought it was just me.

It ain't fixed; I just spent ten minutes deleting it all...

Steve
Old 09-16-2003, 09:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those emails might take 20 minutest to spool out. If they continue beyond that post in here and I have to get michael into the database to remove all forum subscriptions manually with a query.

I apologize for the error. It is a subtle but important setting when creating new forums that was overlooked and can have this effect since every post in the forum creates an email. It is madness which is why I turned it off. On a board as busy as RCU it is a setting which has no place.