Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Searching from Google

Old 09-17-2003, 05:30 PM
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Searching from Google

In the past when I did a search on google for something, and it found a hit on RCU it would take me to a page with the entire thread listed. Now after the new RCU was implemented when I click on a link from google it takes me to the forums group rather than the actual thread. Is this a feature that was lost or you are still working on.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:44 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Searching from Google

I too have been bit by the "Archive " bug when I use Google it will list an old RCU link that no longer exists wish there was some way to fix that as I used it alot before to find specific info. I know you will say use the search here but I am not sure all the forums from the past are here if they were wouldnt they come up on google?
Old 09-17-2003, 07:14 PM
My Feedback: (9)

Thanks for pointing that out, That makes sense that the indexes on google probably don't match the new site. So I'm assuming over time it will correct it self. I wonder if it would be possible for RCU to notify google to re-index their search engine for this domain.
Old 09-18-2003, 01:47 AM
My Feedback: (4)

All I can say is OUCH! With over 129,000 links in google, and many of them no longer working, that is a hard hit.. Wonder how long it is going to take to get them all indexed again?? Was it worth moving away from vBulletin? What scrip is this now? Custom or?
Old 09-18-2003, 09:42 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all the same pages exist on this site and will of course be reindexed. the legacy links we might be able to "translate"

working on it